winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight yeah I'm sure I'll get back into it.... We'll see what happens

You sound like you are somewhat exhausted and not so convinced about self inquiry anymore.

Are you struggling with this technique? If so what sort of struggle? Not having the willingness to investigate at all or just struggling and feeling like going nowhere while doing it?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

47 minutes ago, Preetom said:

You sound like you are somewhat exhausted and not so convinced about self inquiry anymore.

Are you struggling with this technique? If so what sort of struggle? Not having the willingness to investigate at all or just struggling and feeling like going nowhere while doing it?

Well I tend to just not do it lol. Just like I tend to not meditate but every now and then an effort is made. Been trying to let the desire to do it come naturally instead of forcing it. 

I have complete lack of focus so that doesn't help

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@seeking_brilliance it will find you, the desire for effort and focus; your light will shine when it is time. Let curiousity take you along the spiritual path, it will be the best guide 

Edit: honesty and reflection you can keep those in mind too! 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows @Preetom I do SOME self inquiry, more like passive inquiry maybe. I'll periodically ask "who is this experience happening to". But I don't sit for practice. I also consider conversing on here a form of self inquiry, but that's more in the conceptualization field, probably

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Preetom I think I've convinced myself that I'll work on focus skills first but that doesn't happen much either.... 

It sounds there are other desires which you need to be honest about and pursue first. There may be parts of your life you're neglecting, or feelings or emotions you're not admitting to yourself. This is what psychoanalytic psychotherapy and/or what I call the 'science of desire' are good for -- for becoming more honest about what you want, and not what you think you should want (not even spirituality).

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It sounds there are other desires which you need to be honest about and pursue first. There may be parts of your life you're neglecting, or feelings or emotions you're not admitting to yourself. This is what psychoanalytic psychotherapy and/or what I call the 'science of desire' are good for -- for becoming more honest about what you want, and not what you think you should want (not even spirituality).

Thank you. I did find a local psychoanalyst but it was going to be a base price of around 2000 and I can't justify that with a husband who doesn't believe in this kind of stuff.... 

11 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Thank you. I did find a local psychoanalyst but it was going to be a base price of around 2000 and I can't justify that with a husband who doesn't believe in this kind of stuff.... 

If there is an institute nearby you can find it much cheaper through treatment with a candidate... what city are you in, if I may ask?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If there is an institute nearby you can find it much cheaper through treatment with a candidate... what city are you in, if I may ask?

Its mount dora FL. I think I looked for an institute but maybe not. If you could help me find one in orlando that would be great

10 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Its mount dora FL. I think I looked for an institute but maybe not. If you could help me find one in orlando that would be great

Hrm... no institute in Orlando per se, but what I would do is call the Florida Psychoanalytic Center and ask them if there's an analyst near you who might be willing to do a reduced-fee arrangement. There might be someone who is willing to work with you to a large extent.

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Hrm... no institute in Orlando per se, but what I would do is call the Florida Psychoanalytic Center and ask them if there's an analyst near you who might be willing to do a reduced-fee arrangement. There might be someone who is willing to work with you to a large extent.

ok i'll try that! Let me book mark this post...

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@winterknight Is self - being a very dry nothing ? 

No joy no peace nothing just blank empty nothing.

(Is it different from shoonya ?)

17 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@winterknight Is self - being a very dry nothing ? 

No joy no peace nothing just blank empty nothing.

No, it is not.

It is no-thing, but it is not dry and could not be described as 'blank' or 'empty' -- at least not in the sense I think you're trying to use it.

It is really indescribable, but if you had to describe it would best be described as satchitananda (being-awareness-bliss... though none of these words are used in exactly the same way in a dualistic sense as in a nondual sense), as you well know... or 'suchness' or, and I love this description -- it is "brahma rasa" -- it is the taste of "brahma," meaning that it is the line of aesthetic or artistic bliss at all times, that is, a bliss that is compatible with all experiences, that runs through them, that is them.

(Is it different from shoonya ?)

Shunya means different things. For example, it refers to the emptiness of all phenomena. But in its deepest sense, yes, shunya is the same thing -- because shunya is really not absolute nothing -- it is the Ground or Buddha nature. It is said to have three qualities. In Dzogchen (I'm not an expert on Buddhism or Dzogchen), the Ground is said to have the following qualities

-ngo bo, "essence", oneness or emptiness
-rang bzhin, "nature", luminosity, lucidity or clarity
-thugs rje, "power", universal compassionate energy

It's almost an exact match for sat-chit-ananda.

Edited by winterknight

only read a few pages of this thread so far. but...

what is your opinion on astrology/jyotish (not the mainstreamy shit, but the legit stuff that takes years to comprehend)? do you think it can be used to determine how one should pursue their sadhana?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, passerby said:

only read a few pages of this thread so far. but...

what is your opinion on astrology/jyotish (not the mainstreamy shit, but the legit stuff that takes years to comprehend)? do you think it can be used to determine how one should pursue their sadhana?

Thanks!

It can be helpful, but just as one channel of information. You still have to combine it with your own knowledge of yourself, your own situation, your psychology as you know it, your common sense, your reading, what you understand from qualified spiritual teachers, etc. 

How do you know for sure that what you experienced is Enlightenment?

I am myself, heaven and hell.

37 minutes ago, Commodent said:

How do you know for sure that what you experienced is Enlightenment?

That, unfortunately, can only be understood by undergoing it yourself. There's no external means of explaining that knowledge.

Edited by winterknight

@Commodent you know for sure when there is no longer a you to know.

You know for sure when you stop knowing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.