winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@winterknight Do you have a favorite YouTube video? Or several. About enlightenment stuff of course.

Other than mine? Heh. I'm afraid not. I do like Mooji's videos generally, but I wouldn't go so far as to call any of them favorites. What sort of videos would you find useful? Might be good to know when developing my next ones...

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

I enjoy the guided sort to take an audience along a journey (outer experience with an inward journey) 

12 hours ago, winterknight said:

Or

whats the relation between self realization and renounciation ?

???

There are many kinds of renunciation, of which physical monastic renunciation is the least important. The important kinds of renunciation are the renunciation of the concern with the results with one's actions and the renunciations of the desire for things to be different than what they are.

Renouncing such concern with results/desires, one can be a renunciant even while being active in the world. Conversely, without that kind of renunciation, even in the forest all by yourself you will still be a non-renouncer.

i like that.

It is said that the Kundalini's final resting place is in the Heart. Has "your" body's energy centers given an indication when/if realization happened besides the realization itself? Any activty or whatsoever in these centers?

For some reason your experience seems kinda dull to me. I know there is no one to experience. But the perfection looks rather boring. Can you understand why people would rather play this game as a character? It reminds me a lot of Jed McKenna and his depressing words in some of his books.

@Visionary Heart means Being,Self according to few.

But you can also find peace when attention remains in the space near the heart chakra.For me it's just a meditative experience.I am not realized just sharing my experience.

33 minutes ago, Visionary said:

It is said that the Kundalini's final resting place is in the Heart. Has "your" body's energy centers given an indication when/if realization happened besides the realization itself? Any activty or whatsoever in these centers?

For some reason your experience seems kinda dull to me. I know there is no one to experience. But the perfection looks rather boring. Can you understand why people would rather play this game as a character? It reminds me a lot of Jed McKenna and his depressing words in some of his books.

There's a little trembling sometimes in my body, or my gums ache sometimes. The Heart is, as Jkris said, in the end just another word for Self.

The Self is not dull at all, it's just very subtle and indescribable. It's far superior to any character game, but the reality is that someone is going to have to play whatever character game they're fated to play until they're fated to grow tired of it. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight I finally understand why you don't echkarts teachings, they're actually so sloppy LOOOOOOL unbelievably sloppy 

an infinite ways to get to infinity and he can't even be bothered to use his mind to think about it

He put no effort into it lol, well not like you can expect any different for a sudden enlightenment i guess

Edited by Aakash

13 minutes ago, Ero said:

@winterknight If you have the chance could you check my last post on the journal? 

interested in your feedback. 

Sounds like a bona fide glimpse. Don't be satisfied with glimpses, though, but intensify self-inquiry (or start it if you haven't started, since I don't see it mentioned in the journal)...

12 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

Is atheism necessary in the path of spirituality?

Necessary? No. Why would you think that it is?

11 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Necessary? No. Why would you think that it is?

because of this:

''True atheism leads to God.

Atheism and theism go full-circle and the entire circle is God.''  -Leo Gura

This happened to me before my awakening experience. At 32 yo I became an atheist. At 38 yo i had the realization while meditating that nothing is everything and everything is nothing. So If i say:

''God doesn't exist.'' (like all atheists do)

I am also saying:

''God is nothing''

Which means that i am also saying:

''God is everything''

At this point i am like: -''Oh shit God does exist!''

For example:

-Right now there is a little girl being raped in some part of the world.

The way theists see it: 

There is a god who is watching this, but can not interfere with the freewill of the rapist. Even though he loves the rapist and the little girl, and even though he is all powerful. Girl goes to heaven, rapist goes to hell and burn forever IF he doesn't repent. And there is an even more twisted scenario where the rapist goes to heaven and the little girl goes to hell.

This point of view made no sense to me, so i decided to drop it and become an atheist.

The way I see it now:

Long story short: God is raping himself.

''For a Christian, the final obstacle will be to throw away her notion of God and Christ -- to finally realize the actual God. Only after this final step will you become a true Christian in the way Jesus wanted.''  -Leo Gura

Translation: For a Christian, the final obstacle will be to become an atheist -- to finally realize the actual God. Only after this final step will you become a true Christian in the way Jesus wanted.

Right?

Edited by Arcangelo
i

20 minutes ago, Arcangelo said:

because of this:

''True atheism leads to God.

Atheism and theism go full-circle and the entire circle is God.''  -Leo Gura

This happened to me before my awakening experience. At 32 yo I became an atheist. At 38 yo i had the realization while meditating that nothing is everything and everything is nothing. So If i say:

''God doesn't exist.'' (like all atheists do)

I am also saying:

''God is nothing''

Which means that i am also saying:

''God is everything''

At this point i am like: -''Oh shit God does exist!''

For example:

-Right now there is a little girl being raped in some part of the world.

The way theists see it: 

There is a god who is watching this, but can not interfere with the freewill of the rapist. Even though he loves the rapist and the little girl, and even though he is all powerful. Girl goes to heaven, rapist goes to hell and burn forever IF he doesn't repent. And there is an even more twisted scenario where the rapist goes to heaven and the little girl goes to hell.

This point of view made no sense to me, so i decided to drop it and become an atheist.

The way I see it now:

Long story short: God is raping himself.

''For a Christian, the final obstacle will be to throw away her notion of God and Christ -- to finally realize the actual God. Only after this final step will you become a true Christian in the way Jesus wanted.''  -Leo Gura

Translation: For a Christian, the final obstacle will be to become an atheist -- to finally realize the actual God. Only after this final step will you become a true Christian in the way Jesus wanted.

Right?

Well, it's a nice thought that true atheism can lead to God in a weird way, but I think you are getting caught up in this whole nest of confusing arguments about labels. It isn't helping your journey.

It doesn't matter what you label yourself. Let go of trying to figure out what to believe or not believe. As long as you are open enough to look within, that's all that matters.

The real truth is beyond theism and atheism.

It is beyond words, ideas, and, thoughts, and can only be discovered directly. Focus on self-inquiry. If you are open enough to look deep into yourself, that's what matters.

Hi!

I guess you are aware that Leo proposes 5-MeO-DMT as a great path to enlightenment. The idea seems to be, that if you experience these deep mystical states induced by the substance many times, eventually you will reach enlightenment. What do you think about it?

Edited by okulele

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

4 minutes ago, okulele said:

Hi!

I guess you are aware that Leo proposes 5-MeO-DMT as a great path to enlightenment. The idea seems to be, that if you experience these deep mystical states induced by the substance many times, eventually you will reach enlightenment. What do you think about it?

If you've tasted being yourself first hand, you know the answer :D

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 hours ago, okulele said:

Hi!

My belief is that psychedelics can be a useful and cool way to open up, experience some mystical states, and perhaps integrate psychologically -- but that they are not a substitute for the rest of the spiritual path.

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight is the 'human existence' an allegory for something? Or does this imply a thinker? 

Yes, an allegory is a thought. So it definitely implies a thinker. Not that it isn't fun to speculate.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Yes, an allegory is a thought. So it definitely implies a thinker. Not that it isn't fun to speculate.

Yes so who speculates with no thinker? There's a succession of thoughts which appear and say : there's an allegory to be seen in the human existence?  I think I'm still too confused on what thoughts are when there's no thinker.  My current understanding is that thoughts appear within the senses as interpretation of THIS.  but is the human mind receiving these thoughts like an antenna or they just appear organically with no apparent reason or source? 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

21 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes so who speculates with no thinker? There's a succession of thoughts which appear and say : there's an allegory to be seen in the human existence?  I think I'm still too confused on what thoughts are when there's no thinker.  My current understanding is that thoughts appear within the senses as interpretation of THIS. 

If there's speculation there's a thinker. Thoughts imply a thinker. But the very idea that there is speculation may be erroneous.

but is the human mind receiving these thoughts like an antenna or they just appear organically with no apparent reason or source?

From the spiritual standpoint, both these positions are wrong. All positions are wrong. There is a silence within which questions like these are seen to be, in a sense, meaningless.

14 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If there's speculation there's a thinker. Thoughts imply a thinker. But the very idea that there is speculation may be erroneous.

From the spiritual standpoint, both these positions are wrong. All positions are wrong. There is a silence within which questions like these are seen to be, in a sense, meaningless.

I feel like one of the androids on westworld when shown a photograph of something from reality  - - 'that looks like nothing to me...' 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

8 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I feel like one of the androids on westworld when shown a photograph of something from reality  - - 'that looks like nothing to me...' 

Well that's because you're trying to understand it intellectually. Do self-inquiry relentlessly... look into the "I" who is trying to understand. There is another way of knowing that is not intellectual understanding.

Edited by winterknight