winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@winterknight Would you elaborate on the misconception? 

Basically all metaphysical questions of this kind -- e.g. about reincarnation, about the relationship of God to mortals, of the "I" to other individuals, etc. -- are all born out of the sense of separation, and the mental categories that come out of that sense of separation.

But that sense of separation is not true. Therefore the mental categories that come out of it are not true. Therefore the questions that are based on those categories are not true.

But of course this is just putting the matter in words -- and so this way of saying it is also, strictly speaking, not true.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknightprior I said that I really want to chase girls first (pickup). But what if that is just a trap by the ego? 

I had 2 enlightenment glimpses last year. Unfortunately, I suddenly stopped my practice of self inquiry. Since then I've suffered from depression and lonliness. Right now I feel resistance to start this work again. 

I think that chasing girls is just a trap just to keep me away from enlightenment work. What do you think?

6 minutes ago, cena655 said:

@winterknightprior I said that I really want to chase girls first (pickup). But what if that is just a trap by the ego? 

I had 2 enlightenment glimpses last year. Unfortunately, I suddenly stopped my practice of self inquiry. Since then I've suffered from depression and lonliness. Right now I feel resistance to start this work again. 

I think that chasing girls is just a trap just to keep me away from enlightenment work. What do you think?

Apologize if I am answering the question even though it is not my thread. However, if the thread-author would not be against I would try to share something with You, cena655.

Chasing girls, is exactly what male-mammals biologically programmed to do due to the instinct of procreation. This is a mindless behavior because Your mind has no saying in this. Now what do You think it, does it advance Your Mind in any shape or form by obeying the homo-sapien and its automatic/mindless biological drives which give nothing productive other than a short-felt sense of pleasure?

( I can/will delete this post if Winterknight ask so )

Edited by WHO IS

@WHO IS I don't think that chasing girls is a problem. But it can be really problematic if one is obsessed by it. 

I might be experiencing the so called "ego backlash". Because I just give too much importance to the opposite sex and completely neglect my spiritual practices as I feel lots of resistance. 

5 hours ago, cena655 said:

You sound confused. "Chasing girls" is not the trap, the confusion is. 

You mention depression and loneliness. I recommend to all serious seekers that they get psychoanalysis and/or psychoanalytic psychotherapy (it's a specific kind of therapy)... and in your case I would definitely recommend that.

Follow these instructions, find a good psychoanalyst, get into therapy, give it lots of time, and then you will be able to deal with and see these resistances for what they are.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight is there a war to fight ? 

Any war, the war on drugs, the war on non enlightened people (just using it as a phrase, I looked at your last video and gained a great insight), the war against poverty 

7 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight is there a war to fight ? 

Any war, the war on drugs, the war on non enlightened people (just using it as a phrase, I looked at your last video and gained a great insight), the war against poverty 

Depends on the perspective of the one asking the question, depends on the context of the conversation. The kinds of wars you're grouping together are radically different. What you're really just asking is: do things exist? Let alone wars. 

From the seeker's perspective and in that context, the only useful answer is: there appear to be wars and other things, but they are in fact all nothing other than Self. 

What does that mean? It means hold on to who's asking the question, stay in self-inquiry at all times, and there you will find the truth.

Edited by winterknight

True, so here’s what I can’t fathom, 

If enlightenment as you said is not about the person becoming enlightened and simply means truth itself to me that means accepting everything 

so do you want to change how things are going on? 

Where does the knowledge/sense of beauty come from?

I mean people can see if something is aesthetically beautiful or not just by looking at it. There is no need for any school or university for that.

And why are some people have almost perfect aesthetic beauty while others have almost none? Did we had any say in this?

17 minutes ago, Aakash said:

True, so here’s what I can’t fathom, 

If enlightenment as you said is not about the person becoming enlightened and simply means truth itself to me that means accepting everything 

so do you want to change how things are going on? 

If you're accepting everything, can't you accept a desire to change things too?

13 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Where does the knowledge/sense of beauty come from?

I mean people can see if something is aesthetically beautiful or not just by looking at it. There is no need for any school or university for that.

And why are some people have almost perfect aesthetic beauty while others have almost none? Did we had any say in this?

The moment you speak a word, like "knowledge" or "sense of beauty," you enter the world of words. In the world of words, questions where "where does it come from?" can be answered in many different ways, depending on the context, the purpose of the discussion, the discussants, and much more.

For example, evolutionary biology has an answer. Religion has various answers. Literature has answers. 

The spiritual doesn't have answers to these questions; it transcends the world of words.

Very true but isn’t there such thing as desiring change from a position of ego and one from a position of love. 

Changing something because you hate/ demonise something compared to changing something because you love it so much. 

If this is the case, then I think it’s only possible for true change to occur once you have experienced the truth. Demonising the other side won’t be in your viewpoint

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Very true but isn’t there such thing as desiring change from a position of ego and one from a position of love. 

Changing something because you hate/ demonise something compared to changing something because you love it so much. 

If this is the case, then I think it’s only possible for true change to occur once you have experienced the truth. Demonising the other side won’t be in your viewpoint

For a seeker, there is a difference between change from a position of love (meaning trying to feel the other to be genuinely important and independent) and change from a position of, say, selfishness (seeing the other as a kind of object.)

Seekers are told to strive towards the first and not the second because that quiets the mind and the quiet mind is key to the search. 

But as far as whether one can only be effective in changing the world after experiencing the truth, I wouldn’t assume anything like that. Truth is not being about effective in the world, though it may or may not seem to result in that. Truth is about Truth, and that’s it.

I see, but no matter what way you put it, the truth has to be an integrated part of the change for an overall better understanding by others.

but at the same time it can only be right to segment truth into its own independent field outside of anything happening in the physical planes. 

And only people whom are aware at all times can teach it like you. I am not capable as I have not and will make remarks that are incorrect. Automatically demonising others. 

Simply put, it’s not possible to do it from a position of love from the ego. 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:48 PM, Aakash said:

I see, but no matter what way you put it, the truth has to be an integrated part of the change for an overall better understanding by others.

but at the same time it can only be right to segment truth into its own independent field outside of anything happening in the physical planes. 

And only people whom are aware at all times can teach it like you. I am not capable as I have not and will make remarks that are incorrect. Automatically demonising others. 

Simply put, it’s not possible to do it from a position of love from the ego. 

Well, if the point is that you personally want to go deeper into your spiritual journey before trying to fix the world, I’m all for it.

15 hours ago, winterknight said:

Well, if the point is that you personally want to go deeper into your spiritual journey before trying to fix the world, I’m all for it.

How so if there is no Subject than there is no Object. Or maybe there is a subject, because without the subject there won't be an object. 

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Best to look into who wonders about these questions. No answer in words is ultimately going to satisfy.

Thank You, I will look into it :)