winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight i tried it out and found nothing. Is this it, just accepting that there is nothing where you would expect an "I"?

8 hours ago, Buba said:

Thank you winterknight, I would appreciate it.

If psychoanalytic fails, what  is the second option for Dark Night, Existential Crisis, Fear? :)

The second option is reading lots of scriptures and Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi and to do what I call the "metaphorization" of experience

5 hours ago, Paul92 said:

@winterknight I enjoyed this article of yours: https://www.siftingtothetruth.com/blog/2017/11/7/the-problems-with-the-power-of-now

It was Tolle who started this whole thing for me, after a recommendation from my dad. But I just can't get onboard with him as much as I try. The amount of times I've seen him on videos mocking people for feeling upset etc. There's no compassion there. Isn't this all supposed to be about love and compassion?

Yes, there's no need to get onboard with Tolle.

5 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

@winterknight

Hey! I'd like to know the impact of emotions during critical milestones in ones life post enlightenment, maybe like a huge breakthrough in career or a demise of close connection.

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "impact"? 

1 hour ago, Yonkon said:

@winterknight i tried it out and found nothing. Is this it, just accepting that there is nothing where you would expect an "I"?

No. Who is it that found nothing? That's the one you want to look into.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight Yeah. I think Tolle is full of shit half the time. Maybe I'm wrong. 

What are your opinions on the Bible and the things Jesus said? Or on Christianity as a whole... 

8 hours ago, Paul92 said:

@winterknight Yeah. I think Tolle is full of shit half the time. Maybe I'm wrong. 

What are your opinions on the Bible and the things Jesus said? Or on Christianity as a whole... 

I’m no expert on the Bible. My impression from some reading is that there are certain passages that can be interpreted in a non-dual light, like when God tells Moses “I am that I am.” Many of Jesus’ teachings in the New Testament can be read as preparation for a mystical view of things. Certainly they have always been spiritual and counterintuitive.

Otherwise the Bible is a gigantic document. Some wisdom, some history, some mythology, some stuff which is objectionable today, different messages geared to different audiences. No single generalization may be made. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

16 hours ago, winterknight said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you be more specific? What do you mean by "impact"?

By impact I mean the ways one would perceive and react to the situation, internally and externally subjected to that specific emotion. Maybe its subjective from person to person, even after enlightenment, but what I am seeking is what way would be the best to handle such situations.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

19 hours ago, winterknight said:

The second option is reading lots of scriptures and Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi and to do what I call the "metaphorization" of experience

Does Dark Night accompany spiritual path until enlightenment or does it stop occurring completely at some point before enlightenment? According to Daniel Ingram there are insight stages one of which is dukka nanas. And after completion this stage, we will go through them again and complete many times. So it turns out, there will be a lot of Dark Nights, which is discouraging.

7 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

By impact I mean the ways one would perceive and react to the situation, internally and externally subjected to that specific emotion. Maybe its subjective from person to person, even after enlightenment, but what I am seeking is what way would be the best to handle such situations.

Such a broad, general question is not going to get you a good answer. You clearly are dealing with a very specific situation of your own. Better to talk about that if you want any useful advice. 

4 hours ago, Buba said:

Does Dark Night accompany spiritual path until enlightenment or does it stop occurring completely at some point before enlightenment? According to Daniel Ingram there are insight stages one of which is dukka nanas. And after completion this stage, we will go through them again and complete many times. So it turns out, there will be a lot of Dark Nights, which is discouraging.

Dark night is not some universal thing or concept. Not everyone agrees it happens at all, let alone over and over. Don’t give it some powerful reality. It’s just a thought like any other. 

@winterknight since you're enlightened do you feel slut when you are with a girl or having sex with her? or is gone totally?

Edited by Marinador

On 29.4.2019 at 6:34 PM, winterknight said:

Why not find out if there is suffering to begin with? Look into yourself and you'll find the answers to your questions.

I know there is suffering, and I think you do too.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Dear Sir, what is the secret of skillful living?

12 hours ago, Marinador said:

@winterknight since you're enlightened do you feel slut when you are with a girl or having sex with her? or is gone totally?

I don’t answer questions about my experience. But if you want to ask questions about your path feel free. 

5 hours ago, Pointer said:

Dear Sir, what is the secret of skillful living?

Follow the path.

Edited by winterknight

The question by @Anirban657 is how to be aware of awareness.

Below is my reply to Anirban of my understanding of Nisargadatta Maharaja words.

----_-----------------+-------------------------------

I am not self realized and never had the nothingness exp.

But the words awareness is aware of itself is not used by all.It is confusing the seekers.

First of all Awareness is not an object or thing or feeling or emotion.

The word try to be aware of awareness makes you think you can experience awareness as an object that is impossible.

The eyes cannot see itself.This is just a pointer.

Awareness or Infinity or Self or God is beyond everything.

Awareness is beyond the waking state,dream state,deep sleep state.

In deep sleep awareness is aware of unconsciousness.

In dream it is aware of the dreams.

In waking state you know what.

But in the waking state when the sense of me,body experience,thoughts everything is gone what will remain ?

Pure empty waking conciousness or no-thingness with out any objects.So awareness is aware of this.

So finally Awareness is beyond everything being,non being,sleep,waking,dream any exp non experience,Nothingness,Emptiness what ever you call it name it.

So you can never expirience awareness or in short drop the words awareness is aware of itself.How to be aware of awareness.

What ever perceived cannot be the perceiver.

You cannot experience yourself you can only know what you are not.

By knowing what you are not you know what you are.-Nisargadatta Maharaj

Hope this is clear.

_------------------------------------------------------

Is my understanding correct ?

1 hour ago, Jkris said:

The question by @Anirban657 is how to be aware of awareness.

Below is my reply to Anirban of my understanding of Nisargadatta Maharaja words.

----_-----------------+-------------------------------

I am not self realized and never had the nothingness exp.

But the words awareness is aware of itself is not used by all.It is confusing the seekers.

First of all Awareness is not an object or thing or feeling or emotion.

The word try to be aware of awareness makes you think you can experience awareness as an object that is impossible.

The eyes cannot see itself.This is just a pointer.

Awareness or Infinity or Self or God is beyond everything.

Awareness is beyond the waking state,dream state,deep sleep state.

In deep sleep awareness is aware of unconsciousness.

In dream it is aware of the dreams.

In waking state you know what.

But in the waking state when the sense of me,body experience,thoughts everything is gone what will remain ?

Pure empty waking conciousness or no-thingness with out any objects.So awareness is aware of this.

So finally Awareness is beyond everything being,non being,sleep,waking,dream any exp non experience,Nothingness,Emptiness what ever you call it name it.

So you can never expirience awareness or in short drop the words awareness is aware of itself.How to be aware of awareness.

What ever perceived cannot be the perceiver.

You cannot experience yourself you can only know what you are not.

By knowing what you are not you know what you are.-Nisargadatta Maharaj

Hope this is clear.

_------------------------------------------------------

Is my understanding correct ?

Not exactly, no. You cannot experience yourself conventionally. But there is direct knowledge of Self by Self. It is inexpressible.

It is not just knowing what you are not.

You can look at awareness like present moment, when ever you go blank state you are not aware in my book, so if you have heard teachings about being aware of each of your body movements from some of a gurus it should be about being aware of present moment , not be half asleep, there are lots of good things you can gain from this practice , but it can seem draining at beginning and takes lots of time to master especially when you are tired, but you can actually do it even when you are tired which subsides this feeling, your body will still experience exhaustion though. 

To make it clear, you are aware less or more all the time, but your awareness is fragmented, your goal is to decrease fragmentation as  much as possible, 

Edited by purerogue

24 minutes ago, winterknight said:

But there is direct knowledge of Self by Self. It is inexpressible.

Is it something already and always the case and yet i am somehow missing it?

Or is it something i need to train myself into?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

43 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Is it something already and always the case and yet i am somehow missing it?

Or is it something i need to train myself into?

It is already and always the case. The one who thinks they are missing it is the problem. They themselves are the obstacle and the one whom the obstacle affects, and when they disappear, the obstacle disappears, and not only does it disappear, but it is clear that it never existed.

There is something which is both seemingly realized within time, but the realization is that it is not realized within time at all.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:48 AM, winterknight said:

It is already and always the case. The one who thinks they are missing it is the problem. They themselves are the obstacle and the one whom the obstacle affects, and when they disappear, the obstacle disappears, and not only does it disappear, but it is clear that it never existed.

There is something which is both seemingly realized within time, but the realization is that it is not realized within time at all.

I know your experience is misleading, but did you struggle at that point which way to go? 

4 hours ago, purerogue said:

I know your experience is misleading, but did you struggle at that point which way to go? 

Struggle at what point with what exactly? Can you clarify?

Edited by winterknight