winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

On 26.3.2019 at 7:44 PM, winterknight said:

I don't really answer questions about "my" experience because the answers are always misleading.

Alright, let's try again: Should sex feel better before or after enlightenment? Also how often do enlightened people cry? If an enlightened person stubs his toe, does it hurt? Does that pain = suffering? If so, do enlightened people suffer?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Alright, let's try again: Should sex feel better before or after enlightenment? Also how often do enlightened people cry? If an enlightened person stubs his toe, does it hurt? Does that pain = suffering? If so, do enlightened people suffer?

Why do you want to know the answers to these questions? What purpose would it serve you to know them?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

Why do you want to know the answers to these questions? What purpose would it serve you to know them?

To understand the depth of suffering, pleasure, and pain, and how it relates to enlightenment. It's the most central aspects of life. What purpose would it "not" serve knowing this things?

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

To understand the depth of suffering, pleasure, and pain, and how it relates to enlightenment. It's the most central aspects of life. What purpose would it "not" serve knowing this things?

It paints false pictures that mislead seekers. Suffice to know that enlightenment is the end of your suffering. All the rest will only make you fantasize about something incorrect and make it harder for you to see the truth. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Can you share with us any useful guided meditations on YouTube that you may know about? Or perhaps if you're interested, you could make one on your own channel? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions!

7 hours ago, Buba said:

Why did you do this?

There's no single answer to that question. Anyhow I don't really answer questions about 'my' experience or motivations. Isn't helpful.

51 minutes ago, Gudakesha said:

Can you share with us any useful guided meditations on YouTube that you may know about? Or perhaps if you're interested, you could make one on your own channel? Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our questions!

A guided meditation is an interesting idea. Don't have one yet. Meanwhile, follow these instructions for self-inquiry.

Edited by winterknight

Do enlightened people daydream? Fantasize?

31 minutes ago, Buba said:

Do enlightened people daydream? Fantasize?

Don't really answer questions about the experiences of 'enlightened people'; the answers are always misleading. But if you have questions about your path, I'd be happy to answer.

@winterknight you are really patient and kind enough to avoid the questions which are actually distractions and not in anyway helpful to the seekers ???

15 hours ago, winterknight said:

Suffice to know that enlightenment is the end of your suffering.

How can I know what this really means if I don't know the difference between pain and suffering?

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

How can I know what this really means if I don't know the difference between pain and suffering?

You know what suffering means (compared to pain or otherwise) in your experience. No need to worry about what it means in the "enlightened" experience. Your suffering will be gone. That's the promise.

7 minutes ago, winterknight said:

You know what suffering means (compared to pain or otherwise) in your experience. No need to worry about what it means in the "enlightened" experience. Your suffering will be gone. That's the promise.

So what you're saying is that the mind-body identification with suffering ceases, but suffering itself doesn't cease?

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

So what you're saying is that the mind-body identification with suffering ceases, but suffering itself doesn't cease?

That's one way of putting it, but like all ways of putting it, it's inaccurate and incomplete.

8 minutes ago, winterknight said:

That's one way of putting it, but like all ways of putting it, it's inaccurate and incomplete.

Ok. Do you think it's possible to end all suffering though?

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok. Do you think it's possible to end all suffering though?

Why not find out if there is suffering to begin with? Look into yourself and you'll find the answers to your questions.

15 hours ago, winterknight said:

Don't really answer questions about the experiences of 'enlightened people'; the answers are always misleading. But if you have questions about your path, I'd be happy to answer.

Thank you very much.

I am reading the book of Daniel Ingram. He speaks about investigation three characteristics, true nature of sensations. He speaks about making effort to do that. How to do that? When I meditate I just observe. Should I just keep observing until three characteristics reveal themselves or is there any specific technique?

@winterknight , is it true what Leo says, I created you to understand myself?

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”