winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

I'm sure i finally got a glimpse of enlightenment and i understand without a doubt now that you can't help me become enlightened  

or that the very "nothingness" is beyond questions and words, you can only experience your true self 

so i wanted to say a really big thank you, every time i came back to talk to you i progressed even further down the path 

keep up the good work :) 

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

I'm sure i finally got a glimpse of enlightenment and i understand without a doubt now that you can't help me become enlightened  

or that the very "nothingness" is beyond questions and words, you can only experience your true self 

so i wanted to say a really big thank you, every time i came back to talk to you i progressed even further down the path 

keep up the good work :) 

You're welcome. Good luck, and come back any time ;)

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 hours ago, OmniYoga said:

how do you know you're enlightened?

Good question. Unfortunately you can only know the answer when you get there.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Can i make psychoanalytic psychotherapy myself , i don't want to spend too much money on psychotherapy and there are not so many good psychotherapyst in my city.

1 hour ago, sidaz10 said:

Can i make psychoanalytic psychotherapy myself , i don't want to spend too much money on psychotherapy and there are not so many good psychotherapyst in my city.

You cannot, unfortunately. Psychotherapy requires a psychotherapist. 

I see you're in Lithuania. I would contact the Vilnius Psychoanalytic Society and see if there is a good treatment option near you -- often there ways to get inexpensive treatment if you don't have much money.

you need psychoanalytic psychotherapy to enlightenment ? - since when

16 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

you need psychoanalytic psychotherapy to enlightenment ? - since when

You don't need it -- but it can be very helpful. It is something I like to recommend to seekers to help them purify their mind, to deal with past trauma and neglect, and to help become honest about what they want. All that helps immensely in the spiritual search.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:37 PM, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight Thanks for the reply. Look into the heart (not the Self, the one on the right side of the chest - the chakra) if you are interested. It is more tangible than just a metaphor. 

Thanks, although Maharshi's position on it satisfies me:

"Maharshi: The Kundalini of jnana marga is said to be the Heart, which is also described in various ways as a network of nadis, of the shape of a serpent, of a lotus bud, etc.

Disciple: Is this Heart the same as the physiological heart?

M.: No, Sri Ramana Gita defines it as the origin of the ‘I-thought’.

D.: But I read that it is on the right of the chest.

M.: It is all meant to help the bhavana (imagery). There are books dealing with six centres (shadchakra) and many other lakshyas (centres), internal and external. The description of the Heart is one among so many lakshyas. But it is not necessary. It is only the source of the ‘I-thought’. That is the ultimate truth."

Edited by winterknight

On 18.04.2019 at 3:00 AM, winterknight said:

You don't need it -- but it can be very helpful. It is something I like to recommend to seekers to help them purify their mind, to deal with past trauma and neglect, and to help become honest about what they want. All that helps immensely in the spiritual search.

@winterknight
1. how does it relate to the present? isn't enlightment about that ? (being NOW) why past is still important
2. how does it relate to the ego/personality and concept of no-self , from my understading there in nothingness at the core, pure emptiness,
so why does past ego/personality still matter - if it needs to be dissolved

9 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

@winterknight
1. how does it relate to the present? isn't enlightment about that ? (being NOW) why past is still important
2. how does it relate to the ego/personality and concept of no-self , from my understading there in nothingness at the core, pure emptiness,
so why does past ego/personality still matter - if it needs to be dissolved

You cannot see the truth if the mind is disturbed. If you haven't dealt with your psychological baggage, your mind will be disturbed. Therapy is an excellent way of dealing with psychological baggage.

In ancient times only after years of preparation in monasteries would a student be permitted to learn final truths about existence. That is because it took that time for the physical and mental disciplines to quiet the mind sufficiently. In the modern world, for worldly seekers, that is unrealistic, so a different method of mental purification must be employed.

how do I know what is the next step in my spiritual growth?
I feel like I don't "make" progress - if that's not the wrong way of look it at
anyway I don't have expierences of what those mystics says despite of my meditation pratice

just mental constructs from what I heard or read,
but that isn't enough

11 minutes ago, bobbyward said:

@winterknight do you suffer at all? How many of the fetters in buddhism have you dropped?

The I that seems to suffer is not the true I. The I that can drop fetters is not the true I. If the enlightened one seems to suffer it does not mean there is actual suffering.

Anyhow, these are riddles. I don't talk about "my" experience because it's always misleading. If you have questions about your path and experiences, though, please ask. 

7 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

how do I know what is the next step in my spiritual growth?
I feel like I don't "make" progress - if that's not the wrong way of look it at
anyway I don't have expierences of what those mystics says despite of my meditation pratice

just mental constructs from what I heard or read,
but that isn't enough

My general advice to seekers is contained in this set of links. What is your meditation practice?

15 minutes ago, winterknight said:

What is your meditation practice?

mix of vipassana and do nothing
20 minutes per day, sometimes more,

also tried a lot "letting go" - im not sure is this Dawid Hawkins techniqe or some mix of it,
focusing on sensation in body, see what's came up and let go by cycles of pranic breathing inheal for 6 pause for 3 exheal for 6 pause for 3,
but nothing comes up and I don't feel anything (in terms of feelings, rather only thoughts)

9 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

mix of vipassana and do nothing
20 minutes per day, sometimes more,

also tried a lot "letting go" - im not sure is this Dawid Hawkins techniqe or some mix of it,
focusing on sensation in body, see what's came up and let go by cycles of pranic breathing inheal for 6 pause for 3 exheal for 6 pause for 3,
but nothing comes up and I don't feel anything (in terms of feelings, rather only thoughts)

Yes, those are not the methods I recommend. I mainly recommend Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry.

@winterknight I'm not sure if anyone asked you this already but do you feel that it is important to develop concentration alongside self-inquiry? In other words, should I be able to stay with the breath before I can do self-inquiry effectively?

8 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yes, those are not the methods I recommend. I mainly recommend Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry.

@winterknight is self-inquiry in a nutshell becoming aware of being aware (observing the awareness itself)
that's what I've understand from Leo's video guide

@ivory  according to Leo, yes
you need to observe an awareness for a long period of time without mind distraction

1 hour ago, ivory said:

@winterknight I'm not sure if anyone asked you this already but do you feel that it is important to develop concentration alongside self-inquiry? In other words, should I be able to stay with the breath before I can do self-inquiry effectively?

There's no need to do that unless you feel like that's necessary. If you do, there's no harm.

Concentration is developed more broadly through having a quiet mind, and that requires having a basic intellectual framework for what the whole self-realization process is (you can get this from reading good scriptures and overviews of the whole process like my book), resolving all doubts about it (by asking questions of people like me) and becoming honest about your desires.

36 minutes ago, OmniYoga said:

@winterknight is self-inquiry in a nutshell becoming aware of being aware (observing the awareness itself)
that's what I've understand from Leo's video guide

That's not how I recommend approaching it. Read my link above and let me know if you have any questions.

Hi,

I can't decide on which practice to pursue during the 1-2 hours that I can carve out in the evening. 

During 'normal' hours (working, waiting, talking etc.) I do self-inquiry/mindfulness + some other experiments.

Could you answer these two questions? 

1) What is the relationship between energy and enlightenment? 

I have read and listened to several famous 'gurus' and there seem to be various conclusions. Enabler, distraction, energetic change as a result of enlightenment etc.

I have access to a practice that clears the mind (no thought and emotion state is easily achieved - generally less effort required than meditation, self-inquiry etc.) & manually squash energetic blockages. How much priority and time should I give it? (This practice is not traditional yoga. It directly drags a large chunk of energy). 

I am torn because based on direct experience I see both the potential power and harm. And my two favorite gurus (Sadguru and Mooji say very different things). 

2) How does enlightenment feel like?

I ask not because I am merely curious but because I want to concentrate on one practice during the 1-2 hour/daily evening time.  

Describing these sates are difficult so please just get the general gist of them.  

Practice 1: Everything is beautiful, deep love and compassion flow. My face somehow shows a smile that just comes out naturally. Every interaction is just positive without me trying or thinking about it. And this state is watched and there is deeper, calmer peace. 

Practice 2: No thought, no emotion. Very neutral. Sense of I is not there. Weird perception where everything seems like a painting on a giant 3-dimensional piece of paper because there are lines and objects but they (the trees, air, buildings) are all the same material (the paper). No event is disturbing but the me is not particularly loving or joyful and has a blank face. There is no peace. I(?) don't particularly feel peace. Strength and sense of knowing are there as a background and people seem to gravitate. 

I am planning on continuing the everyday practice of self-inquiry/mindfulness + 1hour energy practice for a couple of months then

reduce energy practice to 30mins + choose one between the two practices listed in Q2. Any input greatly appreciated!