winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

On 4/1/2019 at 7:52 PM, winterknight said:

I answered this in the post directly below the one you quote. I wrote:

”Oh, very good question. Is there something? Who says that there is something?”

If you want to understand more deeply than this, you’ll have to follow the path of self-inquiry. The truth about these issues cannot really be stated in words. 

well thats not an answer buddy because there is clearly something. Cant neo advaita yourself around that ;) EVEN PERCEPTION IS SOMETHING

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

4 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight Why isn't "How to find what isn't lost" called "Yoga Akilesh" instead? xD

My Valmiki will have to give that name to my collected works ;)

35 minutes ago, UDT said:

well thats not an answer buddy because there is clearly something. Cant neo advaita yourself around that ;) EVEN PERCEPTION IS SOMETHING

Nope. But that's not going to make a lot of sense unless you see it for yourself.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight the answer was there was no I, that itself was the biggest illusion of all :') 

i feel stupid for ever thinking there was a self 

there was no localised I, that is true nature

that is self-inquiry

is this correct, self inquiry master :D 

Edited by Aakash

Hi,

On ur site there is a practice instruction on looking inward and finding the "I".

So for example if what I think I am looking at (a sensation) I need to realize its not me because I am aware of it, so I need to find the I.

What is the difference between that practice and between just passively holding the "IAM" feeling like nisaradatta did for 3 years until liberation?

Edited by Hima Izumi

22 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight the answer was there was no I, that itself was the biggest illusion of all :') 

i feel stupid for ever thinking there was a self 

there was no localised I, that is true nature

that is self-inquiry

is this correct, self inquiry master :D 

If there is no localized I, who are you?

20 minutes ago, Hima Izumi said:

Hi,

On ur site there is a practice instruction on looking inward and finding the "I".

So for example if what I think I am looking at (a sensation) I need to realize its not me because I am aware of it, so I need to find the I.

What is the difference between that practice and between just passively holding the "IAM" feeling like nisaradatta did for 3 years until liberation?

You cannot "passively" hold the true I. You can hold only some idea of the I. I don't know enough about N's search to comment, but if you struggle to hold the I, that is fine. Just examine every now and then just what it is you think you're holding.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

if there is no localized I, who are you?

sorry i meant there is no localised i within my body or there is no awareness which is individually i 

i is everywhere and nowhere at the same time 

i am the only thing that exists , there was only me. 

there is no way to explain it with words because words belong to the realm of reality

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

sorry i meant there is no localised i within my body or there is no awareness which is individually i 

i is everywhere and nowhere at the same time 

i am the only thing that exists , there was only me. 

there is no way to explain it with words because words belong to the realm of reality

And what is life like now?

@winterknight I'm not sure anymore, when my character is thinking and doing his thing, i am only witnessing it all the times, and one is learning to surrender to it completely. its only two days since one has completed the process, so i'm in the process of holding onto it. 

but it no longer feels like the content of this ones life matters, any outcome is fine, 

[ insert traditional name here i.e consciousness, awareness ] is all that there is, so even to saying there is one with a life is an illusion, 

i am just in a constant state of witnessing, 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight I'm not sure anymore, when my character is thinking and doing his thing, i am only witnessing it all the times, and one is learning to surrender to it completely. its only two days since one has completed the process, so i'm in the process of holding onto it. 

Who is in the process of holding on to it? Who is learning to surrender to "it"?

@winterknight nobody i guess, i guess these would be illusions aswell because there is no seperate i doing these things, that is still identification

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight nobody i guess, i guess these would be illusions aswell because there is no seperate i doing these things, that is still identification

And what about when you said "i am just in a constant state of witnessing" -- who is the "I" there?

consciousness . consious of itself as conscious (i)

3 minutes ago, Aakash said:

consciousness . consious of itself as conscious (i)

Ok. Well, see what happens over the next few weeks, and if you have further questions, feel free to ask.

@winterknight i just want to know if it sounds like i'm deluding myself in any way 

but its pretty hard to think your deluding yourself when you get to the end of the process because theres only one thing left. consciousness everywhere. 

but i guess this is still just mind stuff of my character aswell 

Edited by Aakash

i count the story of a character and the character (aakash/ the ego would believes he exist) as just form, so when i say my character i mean, the void's finite form 

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

i count the story of a character and the character (aakash/ the ego would believes he exist) as just form, so when i say my character i mean, the void's finite form 

Who is the "I" that is counting the story of the character as form, though?

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight I = Self 

i (lower case) = the story of the individual 

when locating an indiviudal seperate i in self inquiry there is none found 

thats when you locate I= Self (captial) - the one who is aware