winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight I was simply curious, but I understand why you don't want to answer. I also think it's best to find the answer by myself.

Have a nice day :)

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

Is it true that monks fly slowly up in the air when they reach enlightenment? 

What is the most effective way to reach (or at least get close to) enlightenment? 

I'm gunna give it a fine crack to answer that Q "Why is there something rather than nothing?"

For there to be nothing is impossible because even empty space is something(made up of that scientifical fashizzel... atoms, electrons, protons.. etc watev) even 'thought' is something(regardless of what or who is doing the thinking).. even thinking about nothing... is still thinking about nothing, which is something!!... hahaha  ;p

On 3/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, winterknight said:

The I that can be "screwed" is not the true I.

Of course it's not.  And?  What's the point?

Why do you teach?  Really, why do you want to teach this bullshit.  Anyone truly awake knows it's nonsense. Who's teaching?  No-one attempting to get no eyeballs on their web page to get no money?

I stopped rambling for a few days to reflect a bit, head back to the void.  Gah, really?  I wouldn't wish this on anyone to be honest, I'd rather set up a support-group for the poor fuckers on the other side, not high five them!

There is no enlightenment, because there is no waking up from the dream, just realising it's a dream and being stuck in it.  But you're right, it doesn't choose.  I didn't choose that, it felt conspired and an inevitability.  A culmination of events holding an illusion of choice.  I'm doing that ping pong thing people do before it abides.  If I had a choice I'd not choose this actually.

People don't choose enlightenment, it chooses them and nothing they try to do or don't do will change it.  And to those few, I sympathise.

Leo isn't big on Advaita BTW.  Your teachings somewhat contradict his.  It all points to source, however the 'how to get there' is not in agreeance.

After some of my own soul searching I've decided to teach basic personal growth.  Awake or asleep, life happens.  It's nice to know how to sail that ship confidently, or dream sweet dreams and appreciate the nightmares.

I don't need to teach enlightenment.  It's like selling ice to the eskimos.  Or wool to sheep...

Edited by EmptinessDncing
It was funnier

1 hour ago, EmptinessDncing said:

Of course it's not.  And?  What's the point?

Why do you teach?  Really, why do you want to teach this bullshit.  Anyone truly awake knows it's nonsense. Who's teaching?  No-one attempting to get no eyeballs on their web page to get no money?

I stopped rambling for a few days to reflect a bit, head back to the void.  Gah, really?  I wouldn't wish this on anyone to be honest, I'd rather set up a support-group for the poor fuckers on the other side, not high five them!

There is no enlightenment, because there is no waking up from the dream, just realising it's a dream and being stuck in it.  But you're right, it doesn't choose.  I didn't choose that, it felt conspired and an inevitability.  A culmination of events holding an illusion of choice.  I'm doing that ping pong thing people do before it abides.  If I had a choice I'd not choose this actually.

Not that hackneyed Jeff Foster video again! Anything but that :D

I disagree that enlightenment is still being trapped in the dream but realizing it's a dream. That is most certainly not the consequence of self-realization. True self-realization is nothing to be pitied. Quite the opposite.

As far as why I teach, there is no why. I mean I could tell a story of why, but it wouldn't be true. This body/mind is compelled to do so by whatever force  controls the universe.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

Can you help me dispel the notion of ''other people''? Or will self-inquiry eventually cure that delusion?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

23 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

Can you help me dispel the notion of ''other people''? Or will self-inquiry eventually cure that delusion?

Self-inquiry will eventually dispel it by showing that all concepts are mental -- and depend for their organization on the root concept of 'I.' If that concept falls, the rest do too.

It's actually not so much that "there are no other people" <-- this would be a concept too... but that the concepts of "there are other people" or "there are no other people" are both simply superseded by the holy silence that shows that the whole perspective in which these two conflict with each other is merely apparent.

Actually language itself has no meaning in truth.

17 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight In your opinion, what is the best method for a achieving a quiet mind? What specific practice?

Well, I usually consider it a several-fold process. One needs an intellectual framework (not a perfect one, but a good enough one) and to be honest about one's desires, whatever they are. That latter is simple but not easy, and may require extensive psychoanalysis, artistic expression, and trial-and-error to get clear. That itself quiets the mind a great deal.

Then there is of course self-inquiry, the very process of which helps quiet the mind, along with its counterpart, surrender. And when the truth is recognized, the disruption of identity "unplugs the machine" and sets off a long process of further quieting the mind over time, quieter and quieter and quieter.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Self-inquiry will eventually dispel it by showing that all concepts are mental -- and depend for their organization on the root concept of 'I.' If that concept falls, the rest do too.

It's actually not so much that "there are no other people" <-- this would be a concept too... but that the concepts of "there are other people" or "there are no other people" are both simply superseded by the holy silence that shows that the whole perspective in which these two conflict with each other is merely apparent.

Actually language itself has no meaning in truth.

During self-inquiry, I come to this discovery is that only 'I'(whatever that is) is aware. No other content of experience is aware, no matter how alive or dynamic it feels. 'I' am aware of everything. But no thing is aware of 'I'. Only 'I' possess this knowing capability. In fact, this very knowing is what is discovered as real, authentic 'I' during self-inquiry.

The dilemma is how to accept this once and for all which I am glimpsing several times everyday. There is resistance against accepting that ALL objective knowledge and experiences are nothing but empty, lifeless, dry, dead straw with no substance. They all just appear to be so solid and alive but really they have no existence of their own and thus no consciousness of their existence.

Should I keep on holding to the 'I'? How can I develop a rock solid conviction to never leave the 'I'? Experiencing 'things' feels like a hideous cancer whenever it comes back. 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

During self-inquiry, I come to this discovery is that only 'I'(whatever that is) is aware. No other content of experience is aware, no matter how alive or dynamic it feels. 'I' am aware of everything. But no thing is aware of 'I'. Only 'I' possess this knowing capability. In fact, this very knowing is what is discovered as real, authentic 'I' during self-inquiry.

The dilemma is how to accept this once and for all which I am glimpsing several times everyday. There is resistance against accepting that ALL objective knowledge and experiences are nothing but empty, lifeless, dry, dead straw with no substance. They all just appear to be so solid and alive but really they have no existence of their own and thus no consciousness of their existence.

Should I keep on holding to the 'I'? How can I develop a rock solid conviction to never leave the 'I'? Experiencing 'things' feels like a hideous cancer whenever it comes back. 

Who is the one who is trying to accept things? Is that you? Who is the one who is conflicted in this way, who deals with this resistance, who wants to develop a rock solid conviction but seems to be dragged back?

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Who is the one who is trying to accept things? Is that you? Who is the one who is conflicted in this way, who deals with this resistance, who wants to develop a rock solid conviction but seems to be dragged back?

Oh and I should have mentioned that these conflicts rarely arise when I'm alone and looking at myself.

These conflicts come out in seeing other people, interpersonal relationships, circumstances etc. The illusion of the 'world' and ''other people'' is way too fast and convincing. That's why I asked that first question today.

Usually it takes few minutes of alone time to get my bearings straight again.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Oh and I should have mentioned that these conflicts rarely arise when I'm alone and looking at myself.

These conflicts come out in seeing other people, interpersonal relationships, circumstances etc. The illusion of the 'world' and ''other people'' is way too fast and convincing. That's why I asked that first question today.

Usually it takes few minutes of alone time to get my bearings straight again.

Yes, but who is the one whose conflicts come out and then recede when he gets his bearings straight again? Is that you?

9 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, but who is the one whose conflicts come out and then recede when he gets his bearings straight again? Is that you?

Actually this is something I've been noticing more and more.

I'd zone out several times a day either in thoughts or a mood. Then suddenly when I come back, the first thought is almost always ''damn I failed at self-inquiry. I wasn't present''.

Then almost immediately I notice that I am clearly aware of 2 distinct states. One is 10 minutes of daydreaming, another is coming back to concentration after that. 'I' must be present in these both states. If 'I' wasn't present, then these 2 states wouldn't have any difference whatsoever to make the contrast. Clearly I was present as much as I am present in the concentrated state.

I am that pure cognition. The pure cognition that is fully present in deep sleep, which makes it possible to contrast between sleep and waking.

The only issue is the recurring habitual thoughts and beliefs which treat the 'I' as a body-mind. It's like I see myself as a lion in the mirror but the recurring message is coming saying ''No dude, you are an ox!''

Should I just keep a deaf ear to these thoughts and continue to be with the 'I'? xD 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

14 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

@winterknight Have you read any books by Jed McKenna? Is he enlightened and talking Truth, or is he unenlightened and talking shit?

I read half of his first book. It was ok... didn't love it, but nothing obviously terrible about it.

10 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Actually this is something I've been noticing more and more.

I'd zone out several times a day either in thoughts or a mood. Then suddenly when I come back, the first thought is almost always ''damn I failed at self-inquiry. I wasn't present''.

Then almost immediately I notice that I am clearly aware of 2 distinct states. One is 10 minutes of daydreaming, another is coming back to concentration after that. 'I' must be present in these both states. If 'I' wasn't present, then these 2 states wouldn't have any difference whatsoever to make the contrast. Clearly I was present as much as I am present in the concentrated state.

I am that pure cognition. The pure cognition that is fully present in deep sleep, which makes it possible to contrast between sleep and waking.

The only issue is the recurring habitual thoughts and beliefs which treat the 'I' as a body-mind. It's like I see myself as a lion in the mirror but the recurring message is coming saying ''No dude, you are an ox!''

Should I just keep a deaf ear to these thoughts and continue to be with the 'I'? xD 

Who is the one who is presented with that choice? Are you the one who is wondering whether to "keep a deaf ear to these thoughts"?

Who is the one to whom that thought occurs?

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Who is the one who is presented with that choice? Are you the one who is wondering whether to "keep a deaf ear to these thoughts"?

No. 

Thank you.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''