winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknightI think at the time i failed to surrender to the fear. Mind you the "soul" wasn't what caused the fear. It was all the other stuff. But I think i'll manage with continued exposure.

Right, but I'm talking about right now -- this very issue of what-happens-when-fear-strikes-and-I-fail-to-surrender... this "issue" should also be surrendered. If the fear comes without your surrender in that moment, you can still surrender to that whole fact right now.

There is no history of psychosis in my family whatsoever. I've only taken psychedelics twice and that was a long time ago.

Ok good.

I have experienced some weird phenomena though:

1. I vividly remember first entering this body when it was an infant.

2. I've had memories that are definitely not from this life 

3. Very frequent dejavu to the point it sometime happened daily and for prolonged times. 

Things like that. 

Well, it could be that you are really are remembering things from early in your life or past lives. Or it could be suggestibility, as I said. Anyway these things run together ultimately, since the world is not real.

But if you're really interested in these phenomena, maybe they deserve some further investigation. Maybe you want to -- write them down, create art out of them, capture what they feel like as accurately and originally as you can.

Or, alternatively, perhaps you want to investigate them. If there's a memory of a past life, perhaps you want to see if it is accurate. If there are verifiable facts in these memories, maybe you can investigate them.

Or perhaps you simply surrender and allow whatever happens regarding these to happen, and you simply be, serene and unconcerned...

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

Right, but I'm talking about right now -- this very issue of what-happens-when-fear-strikes-and-I-fail-to-surrender... this "issue" should also be surrendered. If the fear comes without your surrender in that moment, you can still surrender to that whole fact right now.

I understand. I will dedicate some proper inquiry to it.

Not exactly sure if this is what suggestibility means but I don't think I'm easily manipulatable. I have a very heightened sense of appraising people's character. I can almost immediately notice when someone has the intention to manipulate me or whatever. 

One thing about my experience with inquiry and enlightenment: It seems to me that self-inquiry results in complete detachment from phenomena and the world, while surrender results in merging. These are very distinct modes of being. In both, the world disappears. With self inquiry though, attachment instead is completely to a confusing, shapeless "self". Literally the void. With surrender though, there is no attachment, but that doesn't mean fear magically goes away (i mean what i call the manifestation of fear in the body, and in retrospect).

6 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

Not exactly sure if this is what suggestibility means but I don't think I'm easily manipulatable. I have a very heightened sense of appraising people's character. I can almost immediately notice when someone has the intention to manipulate me or whatever. 

No, not exactly. By suggestibility I actually meant something more like hypnotic suggestibility. This is not anything like gullibility. It means the ability of some people to (unconsciously) deeply change the way their brain functions based on an idea (suggestion). For example, a highly hypnotically suggestible person could be told -- under hypnosis (though meditation may resemble hypnosis in some ways!) -- that a rose looked green, and the visual cortex of their brains would be seen literally reacting as if the flower placed in front of them was green.

It's actually a cool ability.

One thing about my experience with inquiry and enlightenment: It seems to me that self-inquiry results in complete detachment from phenomena and the world, while surrender results in merging. These are very distinct modes of being. In both, the world disappears. With self inquiry though, attachment instead is completely to a confusing, shapeless "self". Literally the void. With surrender though, there is no attachment, but that doesn't mean fear magically goes away (i mean what i call the manifestation of fear in the body, and in retrospect).

Well, who is judging the self of inquiry to be confusing and shapeless while the self of surrender is merging? These are mental judgments. Who is there to make them?

These are the feelings of various methods before you see through the fact that all these judgments are wrong.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

No, not exactly. By suggestibility I actually meant something more like hypnotic suggestibility. This is not anything like gullibility. It means the ability of some people to (unconsciously) deeply change the way their brain functions based on an idea (suggestion). For example, a highly hypnotically suggestible person could be told -- under hypnosis (though meditation may resemble hypnosis in some ways!) -- that a rose looked green, and the visual cortex of their brains would be seen literally reacting as if the flower placed in front of them was green.

I see what you mean. Something like how a method actor operates. Well i dunno. I've never tried to actively do that so i'm clueless. 

Well, who is judging the self of inquiry to be confusing and shapeless while the self of surrender is merging? These are mental judgments. Who is there to make them?

Like i said, these judgments are being made after fact as someone who has purposefully decided to take a 4th-dimensional outlook and explain them after the fact. Somewhat like how you can say "I'm enlightened, ask me anything". It's playful at best. Just mean to say that as far as methods meant to clear away resistance for "enlightenment", one has subjectively been more effective. 

Are you conscious that the Self is God and all there is? 

Edited by Highest

Like i said, these judgments are being made after fact as someone who has purposefully decided to take a 4th-dimensional outlook and explain them after the fact. Somewhat like how you can say "I'm enlightened, ask me anything". It's playful at best. Just mean to say that as far as methods meant to clear away resistance for "enlightenment", one has subjectively been more effective.

Got it. Well, I was mentioning it in the context of the fear thing you brought up. I said: inquire into who is worried about this fear thing, not in that moment necessarily, but now. And you said you would.

But then you made this comment about self-inquiry leading to a shapeless void, which I thought might indicate a hesitation about such inquiry. 

Actually self-inquiry & surrender are two sides of a coin. Who is surrendering, after all? That's the question surrender necessarily leads to.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight

Actually self-inquiry & surrender are two sides of a coin. Who is surrendering, after all? That's the question surrender necessarily leads to.

Ah i see. I understand why inquiry failed "me" and why surrender is... well surrender.

Btw I want to mention that my issue is not fear or aversion of experiencing fear. It's how to allow fear to express itself at the moment of its manifestation without the body being overwhelmed by it.

1 minute ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

Ah i see. I understand why inquiry failed "me" and why surrender is... well surrender.

Btw I want to mention that my issue is not fear or aversion of experiencing fear. It's how to allow fear to express itself at the moment of its manifestation without the body being overwhelmed by it.

But my reply to that is: to whom is this how question occurring?

All "how" questions are rooted in the idea that there is a doer & decider... someone who is dealing with this question, for example, of "how to allow fear to express itself..."

That's why my reply to it is to look more deeply into the one who is concerned.

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

True, the ''I'' cannot be conscious of It.

What do you think about the ego? An illusion or the Self too, or? 

@winterknight Isn't the truth of enlightenment that "there has never been any ignorance in the first place"? Is God incapable of intention? 

Just now, Highest said:

True, the ''I'' cannot be conscious of It.

What do you think about the ego? An illusion or the Self too, or? 

Really, it simply cannot be described in words.

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Really, it simply cannot be described in words. 

I see ?

1 minute ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight Isn't the truth of enlightenment that "there has never been any ignorance in the first place"? Is God incapable of intention? 

The very word "intention" is a concept; but reality is beyond concepts. God does not act via our mental ideas of intention; nor for that matter does God "act" using our human category of action.

So how does God work? Well, the human mind can't figure it out, ever. And when the mind is turned firmly towards calmness, there is no one to ask the question.

@winterknight

Well. This issue won't come to a proper conclusion considering I'm trying to convey post-rational experiences in words. 

I'll share a few lines regardless just for the sake of it. All of this are broken representations of experiencing the Self, from the 4th dimensional perspective adopted for the reason.

1. There seems to be intention and purpose behind God's activities.

2. The mechanics of these activities are illogical.

3. There seems to be several different dimensions of existence overlapping on one another. One could choose to experience life at these levels which are drastically different (everything about them is different. Qualities of perception and their objects are different).

4. There seems to exist, and innate ability, to change the outcome of life in the 4th dimension through intention. By simply intending something to happen, the universe will bend to God's will.

5. The different dimensions of consciousness are apparently inhabited by "beings". These beings are all manifestations of God in the same sens that human beings are. But are drastically different in every other aspect.

Usually i use your inquiry and lnow that there is in the end only pure awarness that is not personal or there is no "I" "me" "you" etc. it takes me a while to come to that place but it makes "me" peacefull.. 

But there is this simple surrender like approach Papaji recommends

My question is how can i just stop thinking, throw out "I" on command any practical way to do that surrender or this video is Fake? Thank you for your time and help ???

4 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

Well. This issue won't come to a proper conclusion considering I'm trying to convey post-rational experiences in words. 

I'll share a few lines regardless just for the sake of it. All of this are broken representations of experiencing the Self, from the 4th dimensional perspective adopted for the reason.

1. There seems to be intention and purpose behind God's activities.

2. The mechanics of these activities are illogical.

3. There seems to be several different dimensions of existence overlapping on one another. One could choose to experience life at these levels which are drastically different (everything about them is different. Qualities of perception and their objects are different).

4. There seems to exist, and innate ability, to change the outcome of life in the 4th dimension through intention. By simply intending something to happen, the universe will bend to God's will.

5. The different dimensions of consciousness are apparently inhabited by "beings". These beings are all manifestations of God in the same sens that human beings are. But are drastically different in every other aspect.

Interesting. Well, these are cool ideas. I don't disagree with any of them per se, but they are all in the realm of relative rather than ultimate truth.

32 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

My question is how can i just stop thinking, throw out "I" on command any practical way to do that surrender or this video is Fake? Thank you for your time and help ???

I don't really comment on videos. The important question, though is: Who is it that wants to do this? Is it you? Until you look deeply yourself into this point, you won't get a resolution. Does the "pure awareness" want this? 

So the method is: inquire, inquire, inquire. For as long as it takes.

Edited by winterknight

Do enlightened people have dreams while sleeping? If they do, are they different from regular layman dreams? Do you identify as the dreamer, as the dream itself, or something completely different?

Thanks!

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@winterknight

But my reply to that is: to whom is this how question occurring?

All "how" questions are rooted in the idea that there is a doer & decider... someone who is dealing with this question, for example, of "how to allow fear to express itself..."

That's why my reply to it is to look more deeply into the one who is concerned.

Well "I" (wink wink) went ahead and followed that advice and got over the fear. Thanks for the help.

10 hours ago, FredFred said:

Do enlightened people have dreams while sleeping? If they do, are they different from regular layman dreams? Do you identify as the dreamer, as the dream itself, or something completely different?

Thanks!

I don't really much answer questions about the enlightened experience because the answers are always misleading... best to get there and find out yourself.

Why do you ask?

7 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

Well "I" (wink wink) went ahead and followed that advice and got over the fear. Thanks for the help.

:)