winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

Hi winterknight, I have another question. I've read a lot about that when enlightenment happens a byproduct of it would be having no thoughts anymore (random subconscious thoughts) is that a consequence of the realization ?
I feel Like I am done, because of the undisturbing peace that the realization brings, but still some random thoughts appear, for example I heard a song on the radio and the song kept playing as thoughts afterwards, but way less thoughts than before are appearing, so I think maybe I'm not done yet, but I feel like I am.

When you are "done," you will not have this doubt. This very question arises from not having understood what you are. When you are "done," even thoughts will be non-thoughts.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

41 minutes ago, winterknight said:

When you are "done," you will not have this doubt. This very question arises from not having understood what you are. When you are "done," even thoughts will be non-thoughts.

Thanks !!! I'll go further

@winterknight

I think I understand what happened to me, when I first started self inquiry the 'I" that I am seemed to be a focused point in the head, I felt the I was there, like a perceiver who obeserved everything. Now it's like this point expanded and it's everywhere and nowhere at the same time, it's like a void, I feel peace and serenity, but I know it isn't the end yet

6 minutes ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

@winterknight

I think I understand what happened to me, when I first started self inquiry the 'I" that I am seemed to be a focused point in the head, I felt the I was there, like a perceiver who obeserved everything. Now it's like this point expanded and it's everywhere and nowhere at the same time, it's like a void, I feel peace and serenity, but I know it isn't the end yet

If you are peace and serenity and you are everywhere and nowhere, then who is it that is worried about whether it's "the end" or not?

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

When the end comes there will be no one there to know it.
There was never anyone there in the first place.
xD

Edited by who chit

@winterknight

Thanks !! It's something really, really trick because when we think 'that's it' is just another type of false identification, the ' I ' was always the problem, because it cannot be found, in the end there's no I, there's just being, and it's something that cannot be described using language, there's nothing to say about it, it feels like a joke xD , thanks for all the help

@winterknight

I took a break from practice, but now I am at it again, so I have some questions and would like your advice. When I do the practice and focus on the "I" feeling I still have thoughts jumping around, incoherent and chaotic. It used to bother me a lot and I tried to stop them, but then I realized only the mind is bothered by them, awareness does just fine. The mind trying to get rid of itself is like a snake biting its tail... I am starting to see more and more of its countless tricks but I still fall in them quite easily. 

Lately I have been realizing I cannot understand awareness with the mind, it's impossible, but it does not let go. I try to focus on the I feeling, or the present moment awareness, but the mind jumps around a lot and is very distracting. Should there be like a gradual quieting or it's just me that isn't making any progress? The moments of clear no thoughts last like 1,2 seconds at the time, then the mind jumps with some random stuff, then refocus and so on. But I am also able to focus on the I feeling or awareness with the mind jumping around. It's a bit noisy, but I can do it, I can keep the awareness while in the background is a crazy party. But I am not sure if this is right, so what should I do?  Focus with the noise and all, not giving it any attention, or try to find only silent awareness, I feeling? 

When I say focus I don't really mean focus intensly, it's more like a relaxing, when I "focus" I remember to relax and be who I am. It's like both a relaxing and a redirecting of attention. 

Also, I understand all that you say, all that Leo says or similar teachers, I understand more and more and I feel like all I have to do is jump. It's like when you see an illusion and all of a sudden it flips in your mind and you see another thing, it is the same thing, but different. I feel like all I have to do is flip something in me, it feels so close yet I am unable to see it. That is why I feel like thoughts are of no relevance, but I also feel that they hinder me from flipping ;))) 

Thank you very much for reading and for your patience :)

(Sorry about the window below, I am on my phone and cannot delete it.)

On 22.11.2018 at 0:46 AM, winterknight said:

52 minutes ago, Evelyn said:

@winterknight

I took a break from practice, but now I am at it again, so I have some questions and would like your advice. When I do the practice and focus on the "I" feeling I still have thoughts jumping around, incoherent and chaotic. It used to bother me a lot and I tried to stop them, but then I realized only the mind is bothered by them, awareness does just fine. The mind trying to get rid of itself is like a snake biting its tail... I am starting to see more and more of its countless tricks but I still fall in them quite easily. 

Lately I have been realizing I cannot understand awareness with the mind, it's impossible, but it does not let go. I try to focus on the I feeling, or the present moment awareness, but the mind jumps around a lot and is very distracting. Should there be like a gradual quieting or it's just me that isn't making any progress? The moments of clear no thoughts last like 1,2 seconds at the time, then the mind jumps with some random stuff, then refocus and so on. But I am also able to focus on the I feeling or awareness with the mind jumping around. It's a bit noisy, but I can do it, I can keep the awareness while in the background is a crazy party. But I am not sure if this is right, so what should I do?  Focus with the noise and all, not giving it any attention, or try to find only silent awareness, I feeling? 

When I say focus I don't really mean focus intensly, it's more like a relaxing, when I "focus" I remember to relax and be who I am. It's like both a relaxing and a redirecting of attention. 

Also, I understand all that you say, all that Leo says or similar teachers, I understand more and more and I feel like all I have to do is jump. It's like when you see an illusion and all of a sudden it flips in your mind and you see another thing, it is the same thing, but different. I feel like all I have to do is flip something in me, it feels so close yet I am unable to see it. That is why I feel like thoughts are of no relevance, but I also feel that they hinder me from flipping ;))) 

Thank you very much for reading and for your patience :)

(Sorry about the window below, I am on my phone and cannot delete it.)

If you see that the awareness is unaffected by the thoughts and "does just fine," then who is it that wants to know what to do about this whole situation? Who are you in this situation of thoughts and awareness and this whole decision?

That's what has to happen -- find out what the "I" is. It's not just "focusing" on the I. It is tracing the I... how do you know that you are? Where is that sense coming from?

Edited by winterknight

What do you think about Papaji a lot of people say he is Neo Advaita... His advice is like stay here now dont touch past future no efort you are already Enlightend, it is just over simplistic? 

21 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

What do you think about Papaji a lot of people say he is Neo Advaita... His advice is like stay here now dont touch past future no efort you are already Enlightend, it is just over simplistic? 

I don't know enough about Papaji to judge, but I can say about that advice that it is technically true but yes, unless the seeker already has a pretty quiet mind, it is overly simplistic.

Edited by winterknight

Hi winterknight! I'm sorry if my question already came up before in this thread, it's hard to keep up with 144 pages of answers.

If could only give a single advice to someone who wants to reach enlightenment, what would it be?

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

2 minutes ago, FredFred said:

Hi winterknight! I'm sorry if my question already came up before in this thread, it's hard to keep up with 144 pages of answers.

If could only give a single advice to someone who wants to reach enlightenment, what would it be?

Be honest about what you want and pursue it, changing course as your feelings change -- that means paying attention to your actual feelings, not what you should want or want to want or wish you want.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Be honest about what you want and pursue it, changing course as your feelings change -- that means paying attention to your actual feelings, not what you should want or want to want or wish you want.

Sounds like authenticity.

@winterknight How does thinking or reading books about enlightenment very disciplined, help me on the path? Or could I literally just sit on a couch a meditate 24/7 and be fine?

1 hour ago, Breathe said:

Sounds like authenticity.

Yup

6 minutes ago, Jamie Universe said:

@winterknight How does thinking or reading books about enlightenment very disciplined, help me on the path? Or could I literally just sit on a couch a meditate 24/7 and be fine?

Reading books -- the scriptures, especially -- reprograms your mind in a good way, answers doubts, and re-orients you towards the Self.

You cannot just sit on a couch and meditate 24/7 and be fine. You have to take your meditative mind into other activities. That is the real practice.

@winterknight I would love to know what your opinion about Tom Campbell's proposition is:

Feel free to post anywhere you like.

Thanks!

We are enslaved by anything we do not consciously see. We are freed by conscious perception.

- Vernon Howard

How important is it to pursue a still mind after awakening?  Mine fluctuates between stillness and busyness because of the intense current requirement for me to think creatively in my daily activities.  There seems to be a lot of conflicting information.  I'm a bit like Leo where I intellectualise, create, philosophise, teach, and it feels like being in no-mind-land is not productive from a relative perspective.  Actually, it can be damn dysfunctional in my experience.  Is no-mind just escapism?  There's not a lot of drive here to be any which way, life just rolls.  There is always a very open/intense heart, and that drives my passion to help others.