winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, luckieluuke said:

@winterknight Sorry if you already answered this (didn´t find when I searched)
What is you view on psychedlics as a helping tool for enlightenment work?
Have you tried them? before / after you enlightenment?

Yes, I have tried them before and after. In my experience I think they can be useful for giving some glimpses of the truth (and they're really cool), but I think regardless of them, one has to do the work in non-psychedelic states.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight  I mean that , if emotions are created solely by our minds like some tool to act in the world , an enlightened being , whom don't have any unconcious emotions , have the capacity to create ( like the self-concept that is created conciously by any enlightened being for practical purposes ) emotions when they perceive as necessary for some purpose ? 

16 hours ago, winterknight said:

What is it that thinks inquiry is so much work? Is it actually work to just be as you are? What is it that is trying so hard? Is that you?

Its hard to focus on I behind body mind, life story for longer period.... 

I know that even effort is seen happening in me but i guess identifications will fade over time

2 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@winterknight  I mean that , if emotions are created solely by our minds like some tool to act in the world , an enlightened being , whom don't have any unconcious emotions , have the capacity to create ( like the self-concept that is created conciously by any enlightened being for practical purposes ) emotions when they perceive as necessary for some purpose ? 

No. These kinds of expectations being enlightened will give you special powers over your psychology or over the world are obstacles.

2 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

I know that even effort is seen happening in me but i guess identifications will fade over time

Your "knowing" that effort is happening in your is obviously not enough. You don't believe it. If you did, it wouldn't be a problem.

So who is it that finds it hard to focus? That's what you have to hammer on... over and over... be intense and find that out, period... 

yes, the identifications will "fade" only if you find out who is identifying with those identifications.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

6 minutes ago, winterknight said:

special powers

Anger is not a special power ... it is impossible for you to feel anger ?

44 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

Anger is not a special power ... it is impossible for you to feel anger ?

If anger is felt, it is felt by the mind and body. The question is whether that mind and body is you.

13 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Let me say one more thing, which is that you can also just surrender.... just totally relax, drop all desires for anything to be other than what they are right this second. That is a method that is equal in power to self-inquiry -- in fact, on leads to the other.

What's the difference between using "Who/where/what am I?" to dissolve the questioner/I-thought, and focusing on the feeling of "I Am"? When would you use one over the other in the pre-enlightened state? Can they be combined? And is it correct these are the two practices you recommend outside of the psychoanalysis/follow desire/emotions stuff?

Sorry if you've already answered this. & Thanks in advance.

Edited by Outer

2 hours ago, Outer said:

What's the difference between using "Who/where/what am I?" to dissolve the questioner/I-thought, and focusing on the feeling of "I Am"?

They're the same thing, really. What are you grasping when you grasp the feeling of "I am"? Is it in fact a feeling? Just to try to grasp that so-called feeling is the same as this "who am I?" type question. In fact, the I am cannot be focused on or grasped. You are it. But trying to grasp it is what leads you to that realization.

When would you use one over the other in the pre-enlightened state? Can they be combined? And is it correct these are the two practices you recommend outside of the psychoanalysis/follow desire/emotions stuff?

Well these are both just articulations of self-inquiry, which is one practice; the other is surrender -- which is letting go of all desire.

@winterknight

Just curious, ever had or heard from anyone directly - having an infinity, or ‘nothingness’, ‘glimpse’ from self inquiry, or other practices? Or just primarily the feeling / realization?

Thanks!

Love this thread btw, much appreciated ♥️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

They're the same thing, really. What are you grasping when you grasp the feeling of "I am"? Is it in fact a feeling? Just to try to grasp that so-called feeling is the same as this "who am I?" type question. In fact, the I am cannot be focused on or grasped. You are it. But trying to grasp it is what leads you to that realization.

It's not a feeling, it's just "I Am". Sight, hearing, touch, feeling, thought (except the circular I-thought which is a kind of  trance state), is I Am to me. I don't know what this I Am is though, that's weird. I think it's just consciousness. What can be. Not what can be in it. What is. The difference in searching for I Am and negating the questioner to me is that the search affirms the I Am with thinking. I know I Am. Of course in an intuitive way. But with dissolving the questioner I never pay attention to I Am. I think the only way you could've started this thread is because you search for the I Am and affirm it. Else you could've just been anybody else, except without a questioner. To know that you (winterknight) is enlightened you must've non-self-referentially thought it, I think, right now. But that is just a hypothesis.

5 hours ago, winterknight said:

I feeling or sense of me is an object with in the field of conciousness. It is this i feeling which is identity giving the idea that i am the body mind and a limited human being. 

The question who i am or to whom the thought is appearing gives no answer or silence as answer. 

So focusing on i feeling which is a seperate object in the field of conciousness is different from trying to hold on to silence  isn't it???, ?

7 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Surrendering something like this 

Yup

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

@winterknight

Just curious, ever had or heard from anyone directly - having an infinity, or ‘nothingness’, ‘glimpse’ from self inquiry, or other practices? Or just primarily the feeling / realization?

Thanks!

Love this thread btw, much appreciated ♥️

When self-inquiry shows the temporary dissolution of ego, that is precisely what's known as a 'glimpse.' It cannot be accurately described, so some people call it infinity, and some call it nothingness, and some call it spaciousness. The I feeling is followed to get to the glimpse, which is simply a recognition of one's nature.

It's called a glimpse because it seems to come and go, but actually it never comes or goes.

7 hours ago, Outer said:

It's not a feeling, it's just "I Am". Sight, hearing, touch, feeling, thought (except the circular I-thought which is a kind of  trance state), is I Am to me. I don't know what this I Am is though, that's weird. I think it's just consciousness. What can be. Not what can be in it. What is. The difference in searching for I Am and negating the questioner to me is that the search affirms the I Am with thinking. I know I Am. Of course in an intuitive way. But with dissolving the questioner I never pay attention to I Am. I think the only way you could've started this thread is because you search for the I Am and affirm it. Else you could've just been anybody else, except without a questioner. To know that you (winterknight) is enlightened you must've non-self-referentially thought it, I think, right now. But that is just a hypothesis.

This is making it too complicated.

It's quite simple: if you're dissatisfied, if you're searching, if you want something (including enlightenment) and don't know how to get it, there is the illusory I, whether you think so or not. So you have to inquire into to whom this dissatisfaction appears. 

if there's effortless peace while being able to function in the world, then that is the true "I."

4 hours ago, Jkris said:

I feeling or sense of me is an object with in the field of conciousness. It is this i feeling which is identity giving the idea that i am the body mind and a limited human being. 

The question who i am or to whom the thought is appearing gives no answer or silence as answer. 

So focusing on i feeling which is a seperate object in the field of conciousness is different from trying to hold on to silence  isn't it???, ?

It's not a question you ask like a factual question expecting some answer. It's focusing on the feeling... you do know that you are. You are aware of this "object within the field of consciousness."

That feeling -- hold that feeling. And then ask what it is you think you are holding. You will find that if you think you are holding something, it is not the I. Because you are aware of that something, and you cannot be something of which you are aware. So then again try to hold that feeling... and again and again and again until you understand just how it is that you know that you are.

@winterknight

Hey mate,

When I do self-inquiry (just starting but have been meditating cpl years), I get quite a lot of energy sensations throughout my body and it starts to feel blissful like other meditation but then I am curious how the process of enlightenment actually happens.  I have had a 5meo nondual experience before which was really intense and I feel the longer I meditate/self-inquire it starts to subtly bring it back.  I am confused because some people say Self-realization is actually a pretty simple thing and it is not a mystical state, appearances don't change and without blissful emotions etc so I guess I am just wondering what the literal process is when it happens.  Does a person initially realizing enlightenment feel that they have became this infinite conciousness I have experienced (maybe just less intense than tripping), permanently? is that what I am "looking" for?  So in that sense is it somewhat mystical in comparison to this ordinary state of conciousness I have now?  Or is it still pretty ordinary literally just without identifying with the self (which still makes it significant)?

Also does it feel like death when it happens?  Does it happen over a few seconds or minutes or...?  Is there resistance while it happens?

Sorry for the longer question and thanks heaps for any insight!

5 hours ago, winterknight said:

This is making it too complicated.

It's quite simple: if you're dissatisfied, if you're searching, if you want something (including enlightenment) and don't know how to get it, there is the illusory I, whether you think so or not. So you have to inquire into to whom this dissatisfaction appears. 

if there's effortless peace while being able to function in the world, then that is the true "I."

That helps. Thanks.

7 hours ago, AMS said:

@winterknight

Hey mate,

When I do self-inquiry (just starting but have been meditating cpl years), I get quite a lot of energy sensations throughout my body and it starts to feel blissful like other meditation but then I am curious how the process of enlightenment actually happens.  I have had a 5meo nondual experience before which was really intense and I feel the longer I meditate/self-inquire it starts to subtly bring it back.  I am confused because some people say Self-realization is actually a pretty simple thing and it is not a mystical state, appearances don't change and without blissful emotions etc so I guess I am just wondering what the literal process is when it happens.  Does a person initially realizing enlightenment feel that they have became this infinite conciousness I have experienced (maybe just less intense than tripping), permanently? is that what I am "looking" for?  So in that sense is it somewhat mystical in comparison to this ordinary state of conciousness I have now?  Or is it still pretty ordinary literally just without identifying with the self (which still makes it significant)?

Also does it feel like death when it happens?  Does it happen over a few seconds or minutes or...?  Is there resistance while it happens?

Sorry for the longer question and thanks heaps for any insight!

It's one of those things that can't really be described, but you'll know it when you find it. Having an image of what you're looking for will be an obstacle.

It's not like some 5meo mystical experience. It is simply the recognition of what is already the case. At the same time, it is not ordinary.

It does not necessarily "feel like death" when it happens, and in fact ultimately if you feel like it's "happening" that's not enlightenment; that's merely the outer covering.

The glimpses of enlightenment will be like an inversion of the I -- the I that you thought you were will actually be within the real I. They will feel like clarity & peace & expansion of awareness.

But if enlightenment is stable it is not exactly like that. It is not like anything.

Again, you're not to be looking for anything. Any images you have of what it is or "how it's going to happen" are going to be problems. What I'd suggest is to educate yourself deeply and follow the path.

Edited by winterknight

Hi winterknight, I have another question. I've read a lot about that when enlightenment happens a byproduct of it would be having no thoughts anymore (random subconscious thoughts) is that a consequence of the realization ?
I feel Like I am done, because of the undisturbing peace that the realization brings, but still some random thoughts appear, for example I heard a song on the radio and the song kept playing as thoughts afterwards, but way less thoughts than before are appearing, so I think maybe I'm not done yet, but I feel like I am.