winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

is a life purpose basically a distraction from doing the actual work? 

19 minutes ago, Aakash said:

depend if your life purpose involve true knowing or staying deluded.

18 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Depends. You have to follow what your honest desire is. Some people actually do have a dream that they need to honor and acknowledge and pursue -- and they should. Being honest about your desire and following it is the work.

But for some people, their life purpose may be primarily to investigate themselves spiritually. And if that's the case, then feeling the need to come up with "some other" life purpose may be untrue to your actual feelings and desires.

The key is emotional honesty: being honest about what you do feel and want, not what you "should" feel and want.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight you talk about how you have in the past tried to teach and talk about enlightenment to some people, but they hadn't seemed to believe you, "because you didn't have the right personality" as you mentioned.

why don't you work on that shouldn't enlightenment make it effortless to shape and mold your personality? <---- this is my question

8 hours ago, Mezanti said:

@winterknight you talk about how you have in the past tried to teach and talk about enlightenment to some people, but they hadn't seemed to believe you, "because you didn't have the right personality" as you mentioned.

why don't you work on that shouldn't enlightenment make it effortless to shape and mold your personality? <---- this is my question

No, it doesn't. Enlightenment has nothing to do with freedom to shape and mold your personality; it is the recognition that you are not your personality.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

how egoic do you feel your topic is on a scale of /100 points

to admire the beauty of consciousness, to use creativity to solve the worlds problems, to make some money and survive, to give my life a immaterial purpose, to challenge myself, to discover higher potentials within me, to make a career out of helping others, to create a hero's journey, to show others that life can be more than just getting a 9-5 job, to create purpose for other, or to help them find purpose in their lives, to work in a team to create ,to find practical solutions, to start up a business envoking high values, to motivate others, to enjoy my life, to find a sense of fulfillment, to do something with my life 

these are the reasons on which my life purpose is built 

is this egoic? because enlightenment shows that nothing is wrong and that instead i should be focusing on purifying myself and having a direct experience of nothingness/ finding the "I" in self inquiry and putting this first instead of going on a wild goose chase, this is the question i find that leads me to ask myself am i in the right or wrong to pursue a life purpose

28 minutes ago, Aeris said:

how egoic do you feel your topic is on a scale of /100 points

Square root of -2

28 minutes ago, Aakash said:

to admire the beauty of consciousness, to use creativity to solve the worlds problems, to make some money and survive, to give my life a immaterial purpose, to challenge myself, to discover higher potentials within me, to make a career out of helping others, to create a hero's journey, to show others that life can be more than just getting a 9-5 job, to create purpose for other, or to help them find purpose in their lives, to work in a team to create ,to find practical solutions, to start up a business envoking high values, to motivate others, to enjoy my life, to find a sense of fulfillment, to do something with my life 

is this egoic? because enlightenment shows that nothing is wrong and that instead i should be focusing on purifying myself and having a direct experience of nothingness/ finding the "I" in self inquiry and putting this first instead of going on a wild goose chase, this is the question i find that leads me to ask myself am i in the right or wrong to pursue a life purpose

"Enlightenment" will show that the question of whether to pursue a life purpose or not is itself an imaginary one. The idea that there is someone who is deciding these things is an egoic view.

But anyhow, like I said before, do what you want. If you really want to pursue a life purpose, you will do that anyway. and there are ways to do work non-egoically (look up karma yoga).

Edited by winterknight

30 minutes ago, Aakash said:

Let me add that the entire notion that purifying yourself is somehow opposed to a life purpose, that it's one or the other, is also wrong. It is neither opposed to it nor in support of it.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight most certainly what i wanted to hear, i think its tricky for young people who haven't discovered the I because it is the next best thing. i think even if i argue against it, its something i must pursue to know for myself. i just wanted to know whether truly it was imaginary or not. 

but for an unenlightened person it has to be one or the other, its either become enlightened or pursue something of desire. 

Edited by Aakash

Do you think there is a need to take a break from self inquiry as i go back and forth from that peace of real I, sometimes i think that my body needs rest. 

18 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Do you think there is a need to take a break from self inquiry as i go back and forth from that peace of real I, sometimes i think that my body needs rest. 

What is it that thinks inquiry is so much work? Is it actually work to just be as you are? What is it that is trying so hard? Is that you?

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight

10 hours ago, winterknight said:

No, it doesn't. Enlightenment has nothing to do with freedom to shape and mold your personality; it is the recognition that you are not your personality.

So how would you shape and mold your personality? When you’re enlightened, like if u wanted to teach people, and have an influence, you would need to become more charismatic, assertive, trustable and so on... 

how would u go about that after enlightenment?

5 hours ago, Mezanti said:

@winterknight

So how would you shape and mold your personality? When you’re enlightened, like if u wanted to teach people, and have an influence, you would need to become more charismatic, assertive, trustable and so on... 

how would u go about that after enlightenment?

"Now that I've realized I don't exist, how would that help me lose weight and look better?"

@winterknight

xD i get it, but why do anything if you don't exist, why come here on this forum?  you want to help people, and you replying to me is living proof of that!

wouldn't you want to become more charismatic (not saying youre not, i do not know you personally) so you could reach and help out more people?

kind of like what leo has done.

@winterknight Sorry if you already answered this (didn´t find when I searched)
What is you view on psychedlics as a helping tool for enlightenment work?
Have you tried them? before / after you enlightenment?

6 hours ago, Mezanti said:

@winterknight

xD i get it, but why do anything if you don't exist, why come here on this forum?  you want to help people, and you replying to me is living proof of that!

wouldn't you want to become more charismatic (not saying youre not, i do not know you personally) so you could reach and help out more people?

kind of like what leo has done.

Right, but the real point is that enlightenment is to realize all this forum stuff is nothing but the Self. So there is no question of "using" that knowledge to try to change it. There is no one there to use it.

All the forum stuff just -- happens. Enlightenment is not some power that can be used to further that work. It is the knowledge that the whole shebang is just a puff of smoke.