winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If this doesn't appeal to you, the other possibility is to just drop all thoughts. Stop thinking.

Well thats even harder. Thanks anyway

2 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@DrewNows to drop that i feeling or sense of me. 

thank you but what purpose does it serve to “hold onto the feeling of i am” if it is simply going to be dropped? 

4 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Well thats even harder. Thanks anyway

If you find both too difficult, that is actually perfectly understandable. I'd advise following the path I set out here -- which includes getting an intellectual framework and quieting your mind, mainly by focusing on your psychology, all before getting too much into self-inquiry.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Good but what is the purpose of all this? What exactly are you seeking to accomplish? 

To become untangled from all the thought illusions

@DrewNows what ever brought to awareness repeatedly vanishes or the mind which thinks the i am the body takes the i feeling to be me which is not the case. The problem of mistaken or wrong identity. 

This is my theoretical understanding of the process. 

11 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If you find both too difficult, that is actually perfectly understandable. I'd advise following the path I set out here -- which includes getting an intellectual framework and quieting your mind, mainly by focusing on your psychology, all before getting too much into self-inquiry.

I have had decades of seeking to no avail. This is all misery, I think within a few weeks I will end it all. Its been a trying process

11 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

To become untangled from all the thought illusions

Ohhhh. Why don’t you explore thought/self? 

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

Ohhhh. Why don’t you explore thought/self? 

I have explored ad nauseam

I just want it all to end, to be free of all this shit that is "life"

10 minutes ago, Jkris said:

@DrewNows what ever brought to awareness repeatedly vanishes or the mind which thinks the i am the body takes the i feeling to be me which is not the case. The problem of mistaken or wrong identity. 

This is my theoretical understanding of the process. 

I understand this but that sense of I am is not limited to the body, only the mind ties it. 

Just now, Sashaj said:

I have explored ad nauseam

I just want it all to end, to be free of all this shit that is "life"

I am not familiar with ad nauseam 

You sound to be suffering. :( 

I know what that feels like...what if you drop the whole shabang? The mind made story of you 

@DrewNows  I had a deep enlightenment experience 6 months ago after decades of practice. Unfortunately it was short lived and now I am suffering more than ever. I will drop everything but it won't bring peace this time. I need to accept the hell that I have been flung into 

Edited by Sashaj

8 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

@DrewNows  I had a deep enlightenment experience 6 months ago after decades of practice. Unfortunately it was short lived and now I am suffering more than ever. I will drop everything but it won't bring piece this time. I need to accept the hell that I have been flung into 

I see. What if you don’t exist and enlightenment cannot happen to you

Can you take responsibility for all the hell you’ve been flung into? I believe this is how you can accept that the suffering is the sufferer

All the decades of practice is part of the story of you. Time is also part of you

can you see this? 

Edited by DrewNows

9 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

I have had decades of seeking to no avail. This is all misery, I think within a few weeks I will end it all. Its been a trying process

I'm sorry you're in such pain.

Ok, tell me what you've done for your decades of seeking. What have you read? Which teachers have you learned under? Which techniques tried? Have you gotten psychotherapy, if so, for how long and of which type? And what else have you done?

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

49 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I see. What if you don’t exist and enlightenment cannot happen to you

Can you take responsibility for all the hell you’ve been flung into? I believe this is how you can accept that the suffering is the sufferer

All the decades of practice is part of the story of you. Time is also part of you

can you see this? 

Yes I see it conceptually only. My entire field pf vision has turned back into conceptual filter stronger than ever.

44 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I'm sorry you're in such pain.

Ok, tell me what you've done for your decades of seeking. What have you read? Which teachers have you learned under? Which techniques tried? Have you gotten psychotherapy, if so, for how long and of which type? And what else have you done?

Ive been meditating on and off for decades. I lived in a forest monestry in Laos for some time and practiced under the Thai forest tradition with lineage back to the buddha

All that is bullshit anyway. It is a vehicle like all of these practices. Unfortunately I have lost faith in this whole thing. I think my enlightenment experience was a delusion. 

I no longer believe in the idea of enlightenment or that I can be free of myself. I have regressed completely and am exhausted

Edited by Sashaj

2 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Ive been meditating on and off for decades. I lived in a forest monestry in Laos for some time and practiced under the Thai forest tradition with lineage back to the buddha

All that is bullshit anyway. It is a vehicle like all of these practices. Unfortunately I have lost faith in this whole thing. I think my enlightenment experience was a delusion. 

Sashaj you need this. See if it helps a bit or not

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Yes I see it conceptually only. My entire field pf vision has turned back into conceptual filter stronger than ever.

Great. Well see if it can become more than simply concepts. Have you taken psychedelics? They can be of use to the blind spots in your own bullshit 

Edited by DrewNows

@Sashajthings will start to make sense when you drop the assumptions. Don’t take my word or anyone else’s about how things work without verifying/investigating. All the best