winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight but the i is me my normal awarness, i can't see how i can focus on it. its effortless by its nature, this is what my current version of true self is or awareness is. the perception that things is happening is only a perception its not real. nothing is happening in truth, i know this

Everything you said sounds fine, but if it is true, then how can you ask: "What to do with my life?"

Do you see how that is inconsistent?

That means your mind is being drawn away from "nothing is happening in truth." That place where "nothing is happening in truth" -- stay there. Don't go back to your old understanding. And if you are drawn back, return. Over and over.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

sorry i editted my question, did you get to read all of it? 

yes i understand how inconsistent it is, 

this is my point, this final step, i don't know how to go back. 

i know its the truth, but i don't know how to practically make it my whole reality! 

thats why i asked is it 1,2,3 and you would agree that its 3 now after reading what you wrote ! 

THIS is where i am at on my path 

i have realised the true self , i have realised that nothing is happening so i can basically do anything i want since nothing is happening. this is how it should be though, awarness is interacting with awareness regardless, the intepretations are by mind. 

or is it the case i must stay in no mind thinking for 24/7 

Edited by Aakash

11 minutes ago, Aakash said:

i know its the truth, but i don't know how to practically make it my whole reality! 

Ok now I read the edit.

No, none, none of these positions. 

You are being trapped in the mind. It is not about positions.

As long as you have doubt, you must ask who has the doubt and return the mind to investigate the I. Who is it that has these doubts, that "wants to make it my whole reality"?

Focus day and night on the "I" -- and do not let go until there is absolute, perfect clarity without doubt.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

okay thanks thats something i can do

focus day and night on the "I" and not just let it off passively as i've been doing, alright cool thanks once again. 

Problem:

Do I exist? Yes, at least I feel like I do 

Where is the I? Looking, looking, can't find it, get bored, lose motivation :(

Just now, Sashaj said:

Problem:

Do I exist? Yes, at least I feel like I do 

Where is the I? Looking, looking, can't find it, get bored, lose motivation :(

Who is aware of not being able to find it, getting bored, and losing motivation?

@winterknight  again I don't know. Where am I supposed to be looking? 

All I notice are sensations in the body, images in the head, stories that are remembered. I feel like an "I" but cannot locate the origin of the "I" 

4 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

@winterknight  again I don't know. Where am I supposed to be looking? 

All I notice are sensations in the body, images in the head, stories that are remembered. I feel like an "I" but cannot locate the origin of the "I" 

Focus on that feeling intensely and don't let it go. 

7 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Focus on that feeling intensely and don't let it go. 

Focus in the feeling of "I" ness?

Is it supposed to be confusing and uncomfortable? Because thats how I feel. Im not sure I can hold it for more than a few seconds!

I usually focus on feelings in my stomach as my meditation object but this object is not really an object, so how can I hold something that isn't there?

Edited by Sashaj

11 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Focus in the feeling of "I" ness?

Is it supposed to be confusing and uncomfortable? Because thats how I feel. Im not sure I can hold it for more than a few seconds!

I usually focus on feelings in my stomach as my meditation object but this object is not really an object, so how can I hold something that isn't there?

Yes, it might be confusing and uncomfortable. "something that isn't there" is just a thought -- and it's not true. You are. It's just that you're not what you think you are. 

You have the feeling of the I. As long as you feel that you are, focus on that feeling and attempt to hold it. Try and try and try -- with as much effort as you can -- for however long it takes before you get clarity.

31 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, it might be confusing and uncomfortable. "something that isn't there" is just a thought -- and it's not true. You are. It's just that you're not what you think you are. 

You have the feeling of the I. As long as you feel that you are, focus on that feeling and attempt to hold it. Try and try and try -- with as much effort as you can -- for however long it takes before you get clarity.

it makes me wanna jump of a cliff; am I doing it right? :)

I just don't know how to "hold a feeling". It seems like a unsolvable puzzle to me...

So something is aware of things. That is the "I" I guess. Ah I give up, thanks anyway

4 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

I just don't know how to "hold a feeling". It seems like a unsolvable puzzle to me...

So something is aware of things. That is the "I" I guess. Ah I give up, thanks anyway

Im curious, why are you trying to hold the "i" feeling? 

that awareness that "i am" is always there in the background correct? maybe he means bring it to the foreground 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows  I was told to focus on the I and hold it as long as possible

Yes, the "I am" feeling is in the background so to speak. I am struggling with the language and how it translates into action ie im not sure what I need to do as there is no object of focus

@Sashajyes words/concepts are misleading. Only a mind can focus and divide subject and object. What is it exactly you are trying to figure out? :)

The question: Do I exist? if so, can you answer me this: 

Where is the "i" that is you, which does not exist? 

Edited by DrewNows

11 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Sashajyes words/concepts are misleading. Only a mind can focus and divide subject and object. What is it exactly you are trying to figure out? :)

The question: Do I exist? if so, can you answer me this: 

Where is the "i" that is you, which does not exist? 

The question is still confusing to me. I can't find an "I". Yet I feel like an "I". But if I tried to describe this I can't, nor can I "hold" this feeling of being me. I don't really know what to do next

Edited by Sashaj

5 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

The question is still confusing to me. I can't find an "I". Yet I feel like an "I". But if I tried to describe this I can't, nor can I "hold" this feeling of being me. I don't really know what to do next

If this doesn't appeal to you, the other possibility is to just drop all thoughts. Stop thinking.

23 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

Good but what is the purpose of all this? What exactly are you seeking to accomplish? 

Edited by DrewNows