winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, andyjohnsonman said:

Yes used the wrong word when i typed perspective as the absolute truth isn't a perspective, but to me it is as i haven't experienced it. However I am open to it. I just want to know your experience of the absolute truth who is typing this message to you now? I understand i can't comprehend this through language as you will say you are typing it. As I am you and we are all one but i just want your experience of the absolute to confirm this.

Yes, what I said above is that you cannot understand in words the answer to the question you are asking. I already gave it but you didn't seem to understand.

So better just to discover it yourself.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, QandC said:

Why does the universe exist and what is its purpose? 

Find out who is asking the question and you will have satisfaction on this point.

From the perspective of mind a mystery always remains, but the deep satisfaction you want can be found by going beyond the mind, which you can do if you follow the path of inquiry.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

37 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Who is it that wants to become an enlightened master? You must hunt down the I every waking moment. Stay in constant self-inquiry.

i see thank you, that was helpful

similarly what does it mean to live a life of truth? when everything of the mind is a self-deception or ego. does it mean to remain in silence ? 

Edited by Aakash

45 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Who is it that wants to become an enlightened master? You must hunt down the I every waking moment. Stay in constant self-inquiry.

This "where to go next" and "how do I become" are products of the ego. 

Issues like whether you "keep awareness" during sleep and all that are totally irrelevant for a seeker. Thinking about such things is itself a trap. 

It's enough to know that you ARE during sleep, dream, deep sleep, waking... and to look deeply into what this "I" is.

That was exactly what I meant by keeping awareness , knowing you are at every time, even trough sleep, it is problematic to communicate correct idea trough language.

Edited by purerogue

4 minutes ago, Aakash said:

i see thank you, that was helpful

similarly what does it mean to live a life of truth? when everything of the mind is a self-deception or ego. does it mean to remain in silence ? 

Every one of these questions is based on the false identity with the body and mind. 

You must keep inquiring into who asks these questions until it is clear — and when it is, you will see that these questions actually don’t make any sense.

3 minutes ago, purerogue said:

That was exactly what I meant by keeping awareness , knowing you are at every time, even trough sleep, it is problematic to communicate correct idea trough language., 

Ok great. Yes, the true Self is the same in all states.

@winterknight thats my point it doesn't make sense , either way i am aware, so i was just wondering why enlightened people so to speak live up to such high ordeals in their lifes, like not lying , or helping out others and being selfless. there must be a truth that they're trying to cling to that says that this is the way i must act because this is the truth. what are those boundaries for those people that define things, are they not fully realised or something. 

ultimately there is no such thing as embodiment of truth, only embodiment of high values and truths but this itself gives notion that there is someone trying to sustain these high values and truths. 

do you get where i'm coming from? 

is it to do with desire

Edited by Aakash

13 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight thats my point it doesn't make sense , either way i am aware, so i was just wondering why enlightened people so to speak live up to such high ordeals in their lifes, like not lying , or helping out others and being selfless. there must be a truth that they're trying to cling to that says that this is the way i must act because this is the truth. what are those boundaries for those people that define things, are they not fully realised or something. 

ultimately there is no such thing as embodiment of truth, only embodiment of high values and truths but this itself gives notion that there is someone trying to sustain these high values and truths. 

do you get where i'm coming from? 

is it to do with desire

Yes, so the answer is that if they act in a “good” way it happens spontaneously. In fact, to them they are not acting at all. 

But the real answer is that the question itself still comes from a position of ignorance. It comes from a position that still believes in people.

It’s like waking up from a dream and then wondering whether the other people in your dream also woke up, and if they woke up, why they’re still so nice in the dream.

Only further inquiry can cure this.

yes further inquiry into the nature of the true self , its not just enough to realise the true self. 

i get what your saying theres no other people everthing is itself , this is what i was trying to ask about truth. that there is a difference 

i tried listing the qualities of being or truth 

here what i came up with so far

Being is truth

Being is oneness

Being is awareness

Being Is being

Being Is unconditional love

Being is the present moment

Being is complete and happiness

Being is infinite

Being is eternal

this are what i was asking that i need to encorporate, it is itself and these facets of the whole was the answer i was looking for 

otherwise it would be ignorance , thanks. 

@winterknight

Do you think how insanity is defined in the United States could ever be changed by setting a new precedent for the definition of ego in relation to being as it has come to be understood by contemporary transpersonal psychologists? Or do you see another country which may be more inclined to do such a thing sometime in the future?

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

3 hours ago, Aakash said:

yes further inquiry into the nature of the true self , its not just enough to realise the true self. 

i get what your saying theres no other people everthing is itself , this is what i was trying to ask about truth. that there is a difference 

i tried listing the qualities of being or truth 

here what i came up with so far

Being is truth

Being is oneness

Being is awareness

Being Is being

Being Is unconditional love

Being is the present moment

Being is complete and happiness

Being is infinite

Being is eternal

this are what i was asking that i need to encorporate, it is itself and these facets of the whole was the answer i was looking for 

otherwise it would be ignorance , thanks. 

No, it’s got nothing to do with qualities. Being is beyond all of the things you list. It has nothing to do with incorporating qualities.

When your mind inquires into the “I am” and becomes silent, are there qualities? 

Worrying about qualities should make you ask: Who is worried about these qualities? Who is asking these questions?

You are getting confused by thoughts. You will never find answers there.

Edited by winterknight

45 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

@winterknight

Do you think how insanity is defined in the United States could ever be changed by setting a new precedent for the definition of ego in relation to being as it has come to be understood by contemporary transpersonal psychologists? Or do you see another country which may be more inclined to do such a thing sometime in the future?

Not without a hell of a lot more research. “Normal” mental illness is hard enough to scientifically define, let alone transpersonal ideas, so good luck.

@winterknight dude if this is the case, then i'm literally chasing my own tail and this whole enligthenment thing is literally a concept and BS. BS. BS. the whole thing! 

FFS even everything about enlightened masters to literally every concept in this world.

14 hours ago, winterknight said:

When your mind inquires into the “I am” and becomes silent, are there qualities? 

all i know is that whatever that is, you know what i'm talking about, that is all there is. but when all these masters and everything talk about ohh the natural state of enlightenement being, love or being what ever BS i'm finding it to be now. Is THIS all BS aswell? 

i am in agreeance that the only thing is silence and that looker/knower/awareness is all that exsist and has, so i'm not sure where these people got to the fact that they are love and show it. thats what i'm struggling with and trying to copy now because i thought it was the right thing to do. 

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight dude if this is the case, then i'm literally chasing my own tail and this whole enligthenment thing is literally a concept and BS. BS. BS. the whole thing! 

It is and it isn't.

FFS even everything about enlightened masters to literally every concept in this world.

all i know is that whatever that is, you know what i'm talking about, that is all there is. but when all these masters and everything talk about ohh the natural state of enlightenement being, love or being what ever BS i'm finding it to be now. Is THIS all BS aswell? 

i am in agreeance that the only thing is silence and that looker/knower/awareness is all that exsist and has, so i'm not sure where these people got to the fact that they are love and show it. thats what i'm struggling with and trying to copy now because i thought it was the right thing to do

Yes, who is trying to copy? This is the problem. It's not about "agreeing" that everything is silence. Go back with the mind to the "I am" every time a thought like this comes up. Every. Single. Time.

Silence means there are no questions. But if you are dissatisfied with the silence and want more, ask: who is it that wants more?

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight it leads to the same answer again silence lol SORRY for asking too many questions, there's so many concepts i'm finding out i believed in that were just concepts. 

Thanks once again. 

Subject/object activity will express itself in the form of being dissatisfied with the silence and wanting more(psychological time). 

10 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight it leads to the same answer again silence lol SORRY for asking too many questions, there's so many concepts i'm finding out i believed in that were just concepts. 

Thanks once again. 

Be careful. It seems like you are saying "yeah, yeah, the answer is silence, but what about these concepts?"

That means you are still identifying with the asker of questions.

Silence means that there is no thought. So if you are still thinking about concepts -- that is not silence. Ask who wants to know about those concepts.

Every time you want to know something -- ask who wants to know, who wants to know, who wants to know.

Edited by winterknight

yeah thats my problem, the original questioner who was on the path at the beggining had pre concieved ideas and concepts and the truth is destorying all of them one by one. 

Yes silence means there is no thought , there only is the knower. 

alright ill inquire further until it stops completely thank you. there are still a few things i want to get clear, like what to do with my life and all those but i know they're still the very illusion itself 

thanks once again. 

Many seem to have a problem discerning the I am’ness from subject/object activity. They seem to have to continuously reset back to source as if source wasn’t the underlying substance.

Seems to have something to do with the mind and it’s mechanical tendency  to divide “its” experience. To separate AWARENESS from what that awareness is aware of. 

As in divided the knowing of something. Where as the reality is of itself (‘KNOWING’)

6 minutes ago, Aakash said:

there are still a few things i want to get clear, like what to do with my life and all those but i know they're still the very illusion itself 

Just as KNOWING is of itself, so is your answer to this question. It’s all clear in or as truth. 

@Jack River  why because its literally like saying if everything was perfect what would you decide to do with this illusory life? 

because thats literally the question. 

9 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Many seem to have a problem discerning the I am’ness from subject/object activity. They seem to have to continuously reset back to source as if source wasn’t the underlying substance.

yup this is exactly my problem, because they're connected anyway, illusions are still apart of the whole reality whether you accept it or not .i think of awareness in the now, and the aware of in the now, but when i think its just an illusion so its division but its not really ofcourse, don't know why i think of it in this way.