winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

Well it certainly sounds like the right thought process in large part.

Though it seems to me like you're trying to "get yourself" to do stuff by deeming it all God's will.

Are you the one who chooses to either a) "resist" the expression of actions or b) "not resist"? 

Supposing everything is scripted by God, where is the role for the one who considers questions like the ones you've posed above?

"I" was the one who resisted, but now "I" is not making that decision... "I" does not exist. The will power that "I" appeared to have is part of the illusion. Only God exists...... on every level, it was always God's will. There is no role and there is no one to consider these questions anymore. That was the point of the entire process. There is no "I" to be aware of anything or to decide anything, it's all God. It always was God. "I" just wasn't fully aware of this truth until now.  

Edited by Bauer1977

@winterknight  I have five questions for you.

1. What is feeling?

2. What is rationality?

3. What is opinion?

4. What is judgement?

5. What is ego's ultimate agenda?

@winterknight What is the difference between mental objects and physical objects? Most people have an intuition that you can f*k around with stuff in the mental space, but as soon as it has an effect on things out in the 'actual physical world' , the shit just got real! There is a feeling that mental space fluctuates more, is reversible, private and mostly benign.  The physical world on the other hand is irreversible. Once something happens there, there is no going back. 

But on the other hand I can also see that there are no clear lines between where the mental space ends and physical world begins. Can you speak to this distinction and what to make of it?

19 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

"I" was the one who resisted, but now "I" is not making that decision... "I" does not exist. The will power that "I" appeared to have is part of the illusion. Only God exists...... on every level, it was always God's will. There is no role and there is no one to consider these questions anymore. That was the point of the entire process. There is no "I" to be aware of anything or to decide anything, it's all God. It always was God. "I" just wasn't fully aware of this truth until now.  

I understand your skepticism.... but here is an experience I just had....

Laying in bed, holding the idea that "everything is God, there is only God".... the body lost its shape and color, then the bed, then the end table beside the bed, then the lamp, then the walls and floor...... then the world itself. All that remained was black empty nothing ness and the awareness of that black empty nothing ness. It became so clear how everything really is an illusion. The nothing ness was no longer an experience that I can have in another state, it was here and now. This body and this reality dissolved into nothing. The concept of the illusion has never had such meaning to me as it does right now at this moment. Then the color slowly returned. And every "thing" regained its shape and structure. 

Then the thought to let you know appeared, and I typed this out.

I have no idea how this life might play out from here. What to do or how the illusion of doing even appears to unfold. But you must admit, this is significant.

Edited by Bauer1977

On 1/15/2019 at 10:38 AM, Bauer1977 said:

Sounds great. Is there a question?

On 1/15/2019 at 10:38 AM, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight  I have five questions for you.

1. What is feeling?

2. What is rationality?

3. What is opinion?

4. What is judgement?

5. What is ego's ultimate agenda?

I don't really answer questions in the abstract like this. It doesn't really help. What is your search and where on it are you finding obstacles?

17 hours ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight What is the difference between mental objects and physical objects? Most people have an intuition that you can f*k around with stuff in the mental space, but as soon as it has an effect on things out in the 'actual physical world' , the shit just got real! There is a feeling that mental space fluctuates more, is reversible, private and mostly benign.  The physical world on the other hand is irreversible. Once something happens there, there is no going back. 

But on the other hand I can also see that there are no clear lines between where the mental space ends and physical world begins. Can you speak to this distinction and what to make of it?

Yes, the mental and the physical worlds are one -- the mental world makes the physical world through the act of interpretation.

Or you could say, as is traditionally said, that the mental world is the subtler "seed" of the physical one.

It's not really true that the mental world is reversible. Every thought and feeling has an effect. Just because the effects are not as visible and obvious as in the physical world does not mean they do not exist. 

The bigger question is why this matters vis-à-vis the Self.

6 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

I understand your skepticism.... but here is an experience I just had....

Laying in bed, holding the idea that "everything is God, there is only God".... the body lost its shape and color, then the bed, then the end table beside the bed, then the lamp, then the walls and floor...... then the world itself. All that remained was black empty nothing ness and the awareness of that black empty nothing ness. It became so clear how everything really is an illusion. The nothing ness was no longer an experience that I can have in another state, it was here and now. This body and this reality dissolved into nothing. The concept of the illusion has never had such meaning to me as it does right now at this moment. Then the color slowly returned. And every "thing" regained its shape and structure. 

Then the thought to let you know appeared, and I typed this out.

I have no idea how this life might play out from here. What to do or how the illusion of doing even appears to unfold. But you must admit, this is significant.

It is, but even 'significance' is a concept that must be abandoned. Experiences and realizations are wonderful, but are not the end point. What is? The constant peace that is and always was and always will be...

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

6 hours ago, winterknight said:

It is, but even 'significance' is a concept that must be abandoned. Experiences and realizations are wonderful, but are not the end point. What is? The constant peace that is and always was and always will be...

I agree....... and I will continue to pursue that. I just always felt I needed to have an understanding/realization of the level of God Consciousness before that could truthfully and fully occur. I now feel I have the foundation in place to find that kind of peace. Cheers

8 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

I agree....... and I will continue to pursue that. I just always felt I needed to have an understanding/realization of the level of God Consciousness before that could truthfully and fully occur. I now feel I have the foundation in place to find that kind of peace. Cheers

Thank you so much for everything Winterknight. I do not feel I need to post queries with you here any longer. "I" had a revelation last night..... "I" fully comprehend the concept that every "thing" is God. My center is now God. There are no more questions to ask or answers to find. It's all God, And "I" have now accepted that. Thanks again

@winterknight @winterknight I've seen some yogis/ people on youtube who can just sit without moving for days,/ months, reckon you could do that? how long could you sit and not move for you reckon?(also awesome you created this thread and put so much effort into it so thanks again)

@winterknight mind i don't really know how to put my experience is words so ill just say it like this: is the realization of pure awareness or what i am, enlightenment? i feel like i know exactly what i am with no hesistation in my direct experience. I just have no words i can put it in that will represent it besides pure awareness. 

10 hours ago, noselfnofun said:

@winterknight @winterknight I've seen some yogis/ people on youtube who can just sit without moving for days,/ months, reckon you could do that? how long could you sit and not move for you reckon?(also awesome you created this thread and put so much effort into it so thanks again)

Not that long, particularly. That takes a particular practice which I haven’t engaged in.  And you’re welcome. 

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight mind i don't really know how to put my experience is words so ill just say it like this: is the realization of pure awareness or what i am, enlightenment? i feel like i know exactly what i am with no hesistation in my direct experience. I just have no words i can put it in that will represent it besides pure awareness. 

If you’re at peace under all circumstances, yes, that’s enlightenment. Otherwise it is still just on the path.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Is it necessary to practice other meditations alongside self inquiry 

I do mantra meditation

Last 2 weeks I fully grounded in the present moment. Was an amazing experience feels like I was on heroin all the time and that last for 1 week. 

Conform to what I said: I m curious what level do I have?

3 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@winterknight What do you think about the endless chase of experiences which most people in this forum have?

I think experiences and states are impermanent.

Especially the thing with psychedelics. It's obvious that the ego loves the fancy experiences caused by psychedelics. And trips doesn't seem to lead to enlightenment.

Is the chase of experiences and states a trap?

Can be, yes. They can be motivating for some, for a while.

3 hours ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Is it necessary to practice other meditations alongside self inquiry 

I do mantra meditation

Not necessary. Can be helpful for some people to improve concentration & quietness of mind.

50 minutes ago, darind said:

Last 2 weeks I fully grounded in the present moment. Was an amazing experience feels like I was on heroin all the time and that last for 1 week. 

Conform to what I said: I m curious what level do I have?

There are no levels. Unhelpful to think in that way.

You had a glimpse. Focus on the "I" that remembers that glimpse and find out where that "I" feeling comes from.

Edited by winterknight

@Mikael89 Be mindful about assuming, misinterpreting and manipulating another’s sentiment to fit your ego’s narrative. It is disingenuinous and can be toxic at both individual and community levels.

p.s. my username is refective of my background in neuroscience. Serotonergic neural pathways are fascinating to me. 

Hello kind sir. I also, make the same claim.

Do you see the value, in the combination of our efforts towards the alleviation of the suffering of all mankind?

If you do, then your life should come to a standstill, from now.

You would reach out to me. At the greatest of expense, to further that cause.

And I can only, maintain a transparency, for the people of the world to learn by your example. I will relate everything right back here for your followers to Love you even more.

I anxiously await, your compassion.

On 06/01/2019 at 6:46 PM, winterknight said:

Hard to say what it was. Glimpses are associated with peace. It doesn't sound to me like this was associated with peace. 

This is what I mean by creating all kinds of burdensome expectations. Drop all these ideas of heaven and hell and "sides" of complicated "absolute no meaning" experiences and inquire instead into who has them. Who is reading these words right now? Focus on the sense "I am" -- which is extremely simple -- and search for what it is, for how it is that you know that you are. 

Your mind is generating 1001 distracting thoughts and fantasies to keep you away from this very simple focus.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 11/9/2018 at 3:42 PM, winterknight said:

Suffering is a misconception. When you look deeply into who seems to be suffering, you find out it never was.

Which suffering sir Have you devoted your precious life to obliterating? is this just poetry? i don't understand. no suffering? where should i look, to find that? Except here, in your mind?

Edited by Enlightened

here is your Guru. Insulting a man, that he believes is need of mental help.

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, I recommend finding a psychoanalyric psychotherapist near you - I recommend that for all serious seekers.

Google “psychoanalytic institute <your city>” and call them and ask for a referral. If you have trouble, tell me the city you live in and I’ll try to help you find someone. 

yes. thank you for demonstrating your compassion. by insulting someone, you think needs mental help. this is the example. i needed you to show.

Now he can whip up the mob. in his defense. the men that he claims to be, needed none.

Pfft. :)

Edited by Enlightened

@Enlightened Trolling and inflammatory posts are against forum guidelines. Be a contributing member within a community. Do not sow seeds of conflict within the community.

@winterknight emptiness is emptiness 

why is there something and not nothing?  

there is not something at all, everything is nothing and that can not be put into words

question: if i laugh at someones misery; because nothing is real 

when apparently an enlightened person is meant to cry alongside them or feel the pain of that person as they are hurting and cry with them 

would that be immaturity and ignorance as its not compassionate? 

but then knowing the truth i help them out after, is that still ignorance?