winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Nisargadatta and Ramana Maharshi talked about holding on to the I thought or I am how is that effective isnt the I thought Ego ?

Yes, that is effective. Hold to the ego and it will disappear.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

So i must only concentrate on the feeling I am~like I exist knowledge without any attachment body , mind etc Is it thst simple ? 

Thank you I really wannt to do this 24 h a day when i can.

30 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

So i must only concentrate on the feeling I am~like I exist knowledge without any attachment body , mind etc Is it thst simple ? 

Thank you I really wannt to do this 24 h a day when i can.

Sort of -- follow the steps for self-inquiry I lay out here.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

When we where dumped into this world, we didn't really have a clue what it was we where supposed to do. Turns out nobody does. That didn't stop people from telling us what they think we should be doing. We put faith in these beliefs as everyone seemed to be doing the same thing more of less, so we do it too, with passion (another thing we are told we want). Now I have the ability to question it all, I realise that still no one seems to know what the hell we are doing. It seems that I can get closer to reality by identifying what isn't real, most of which was obscured by my belief in my personal identity that appears to be nothing but a social construct. However, I still don't think I have spotted the thing that is in side of me and everywhere that I could call my being. Maybe there is no point,... just scale and angle in our perception as a result of genetic accidents.

The self enquiry as described above, seems to be this reductionism, get closer to nothing, rid yourself of all these distractions, beliefs of personal identity, thoughts and emotions of the past and future, need to be happy, or sad, or enything, open yourself up to a finer grain of awareness mastery as separation from all these motor responses your mind and body has you believe. Then somehow let that go too.... ??###

Am I along the right lines?

If so ...What do you do with that?

People on this planet are so wrapped up in their stories, and you have to play at their level to be within it. So if you know something so profound it makes playing the game just like playing a pointless computer game (I can't play computer games because of the pointlessness of it). I would rather do nothing.

If I follow this path towards enlightenment, am I going to be further indulged into meaninglessness and do less, or will I get over that?

What do you do now that you are enlightened?

Many thanks!

Edited by 1x0

31 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

However, I still don't think I have spotted the thing that is in side of me and everywhere that I could call my being.

This is the whole problem. You're trying to spot it. It's not an object. It's you. You know yourself in a way that is unlike the way you know objects: you are you, and that "are-ness" is Self-knowing. To understand this extremely simple point unfortunately requires clearing away all the complications. That's what self-inquiry does... it clears the space for you to say "Oh! Is that what it was?" And laugh because it was so damn simple all this time.

The self enquiry as described above, seems to be this reductionism, get closer to nothing, rid yourself of all these distractions, beliefs of personal identity, thoughts and emotions of the past and future, need to be happy, or sad, or enything, open yourself up to a finer grain of awareness mastery as separation from all these motor responses your mind and body has you believe. Then somehow let that go too.... ??

More or less... you put in the effort to get near the black hole, and it sucks you in -- but you can't control when or how.

If so ...What do you do with that?

When you're "there," that question no longer makes sense.

If I follow this path towards enlightenment, am I going to be further indulged into meaninglessness and do less, or will I get over that?

Don't expect enlightenment to make you productive. It may or may not.

What do you do now that you are enlightened?

Be

Edited by winterknight

40 minutes ago, winterknight said:

you put in the effort to get near the black hole, and it sucks you in -- but you can't control when or how.

ok, so you learn and practise emptying you mind and then at some point you might experiencing being in a different way. This different way is profound and life changing at the same time a being simple and obvious and nothing you didn't already know. Then you can return to life with the knowledge that a lot of what you where doing was unnecessary, and that your better off just hanging out.

Is that more in line?

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

"Oh! Is that what it was?" And laugh because it was so damn simple all this time.

Expects big fireworks. Realizes
"Hm,I was here the whole time."
tumblr_o452wndZWo1s6z4zdo5_500.gif

"More or less... you put in the effort to get near the black hole, and it sucks you in -- but you can't control when or how."
"Don't expect enlightenment to make you productive. It may or may not."
"Be"

Spot on.:)

3 hours ago, 1x0 said:

ok, so you learn and practise emptying you mind and then at some point you might experiencing being in a different way. This different way is profound and life changing at the same time a being simple and obvious and nothing you didn't already know. Then you can return to life with the knowledge that a lot of what you where doing was unnecessary, and that your better off just hanging out.

Is that more in line?

It won't be "you" that's returning to life. Best not to try to understand what happens afterward, except that it's the answer to your questions and the source of deepest fulfillment. All the rest is misleading imagination.

2 hours ago, who chit said:

Expects big fireworks. Realizes
"Hm,I was here the whole time."
tumblr_o452wndZWo1s6z4zdo5_500.gif

"More or less... you put in the effort to get near the black hole, and it sucks you in -- but you can't control when or how."
"Don't expect enlightenment to make you productive. It may or may not."
"Be"

Spot on.:)

:)

Do you enjoy the fact that you are aware of the illusory world and have perceptions, or would you rather be no-minding it in the highest states of consciousness for the rest of eternity?  Or in whatever highest states of analysis/consciousness there are

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

11 minutes ago, zambize said:

Do you enjoy the fact that you are aware of the illusory world and have perceptions, or would you rather be no-minding it in the highest states of consciousness for the rest of eternity?  Or in whatever highest states of analysis/consciousness there are

There is no difference between these two.

Do you still have a human ego? What is your relationship with your ego?

6 hours ago, CreamCat said:

Do you still have a human ego? What is your relationship with your ego?

Not helpful really to answer more questions about "my" experience. Any answer is misleading... better to just get there and find out for yourself rather than setting up false expectations.

I was doing a sort of psychoanalysis with TJ Reeves. He combined a set of psychoanalytic tests into one test called CODE. The result hurts, but it is actually helpful. Not sure if you acknolwedge it as psychonalaysis, but it was helpful. Thanks for recommending psychoanalysis.

9 hours ago, CreamCat said:

I was doing a sort of psychoanalysis with TJ Reeves. He combined a set of psychoanalytic tests into one test called CODE. The result hurts, but it is actually helpful. Not sure if you acknolwedge it as psychonalaysis, but it was helpful. Thanks for recommending psychoanalysis.

Unfortunately, that is not psychoanalysis. Psychoanalysis is a type of therapy conducted by trained psychoanalysts -- not all psychological therapy is "psychoanalysis." It is actually relatively rare. 

But I'm glad you felt whatever you did do was helpful. 

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@winterknight Chakras, 3rd eye, healing, and all that nonsense is just horse shit, am I right?

Doesn't do much for me, but some of the stuff (well, chakras) might have some validity in some contexts. And the third eye could be considered metaphorically -- it is simply awakening to our true nature.

11 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@winterknight Chakras, 3rd eye, healing, and all that nonsense is just horse shit, am I right?

wow..rarely I see such question which answers itself first even before an answer comes forth lol.

Is this kind of question a genuine inquiry to know or is it just seeking the approval of what it already taken as granted? xD

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

wow..rarely I see such questions which answers itself first even before an answer comes forth lol.

Loll.  xD

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

@Mikael89

Well my view on this is, there are many many layers of reality that we can't sense with our limited mind perception. 

The regular body-mind identified state of consciousness (which prevails among more than 99% of people on earth), is one of the most constricted and narrow-gated states of being. There are obviously vast realms of 'weird', subtle experiences that we come to know through research, spiritual practice etc.

Chakra, healing, siddhis etc. do point to new realms of experience. It's just that this whole business has framed these things in a very muddy manner and gave it all a bad name. 

So yeah, fluffy, exotic words and stories seem far fetched, but you can't deny the experience if it happens to you

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

40 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Mikael89

The regular body-mind identified state of consciousness (which prevails among more than 99% of people on earth), is one of the most constricted and narrow-gated states of being.

Love this metaphor