winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Do you and Leo Gura have different opinions on why one should become enlightened? Why shall I care about enlightenment?

8 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

Do you and Leo Gura have different opinions on why one should become enlightened? Why shall I care about enlightenment?

I don't know. And why care about enlightenment? Because it is the answer to the deep-seated question about the meaning of things, and for the deep-seated desire for fulfillment that we just can't seem to get from chasing people and things in the world.

But if that doesn't attract you, or if you don't believe that it can do those things -- no need to pursue it...

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

6 hours ago, winterknight said:

I have general recommendations here and here and in my book. Here are instructions on self-inquiry, suggestions for seekers to get psychoanalytic therapy, and instructions on what I call metaphorization here and here. More stuff on my website generally.

Ah that is why you are here, I wondered.

If Brahman or One is always there, even if formless so unable to conceptualize, in the strictest sense of non-duality, this is not non-duality. As this One or Brahman, which can not be conceptualized, is there, opposed to nothing.

Truth is only in the mind.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

1. How do you quit this game? I do not mean this life, but this whole reincarnation on Earth thing? I do not wanna see this planet again. I know reaching enlightenment is a way, but its too slow. I want to renounce the contract that binds me here NOW. 

2. What happens when someone commits suicide? Don't worry I am not planning this, I have 2 daughters, but there is contradicting information on this. 

3. Some people talk about psychedelics opening portals for demons, is that true?

Edited by BlackVoid

20 minutes ago, BlackVoid said:

1. How do you quit this game? I do not mean this life, but this whole reincarnation on Earth thing? I do not wanna see this planet again. I know reaching enlightenment is a way, but its too slow. I want to renounce the contract that binds me here NOW. 

2. What happens when someone commits suicide? Don't worry I am not planning this, I have 2 daughters, but there is contradicting information on this. 

3. Some people talk about psychedelics opening portals for demons, is that true?

1. Who is this "I" who wants to do all that? Inquire into that. See if this "I" actually exists first.

2. That someone dies.

3. In the sense that if your psyche is fragile, your mind might develop ailments that impair it from its usual functioning. Also even with enlightenment (in absence of drugs) you might sometimes have the sense that you are possessed. But this is all illusions caused by the mind. 

@winterknight What is your understanding of self-referential thoughts? In your own work, you refer to the absolute insight as the final analysis. That is of course not the ground for this question. But on a relative level, do you believe that any thought can be NOT self-referential? 

Second question, as someone who is teaching these stuff, how would you go about intuiting that some one else is enlightened or not?

Edited by FoxFoxFox

23 hours ago, winterknight said:

Well, it sounds like a glimpse or glimpses of the Truth, for sure. But there is still a lot of "I am" in them, and there's still a lot of concept. The Truth is simpler than that. It is quiet and beyond concept. So keep going. What's the unchanging constant beneath these realizations?

If those states give you peace, try going there again and staying there, but while you are awake and doing other things...

After reading your response, it occurred to me that all the "I am"  entries should be changed to "I is". I went back into the void tonight with that knowledge and tried this again.... when I was in that presence in nothing ness, Here is what I observed:

- I is a presence, a non dual singularity, pure Consciousness.

- I know that God is a presence, a non dual singularity, pure Consciousness.

- Therefore I is God!

Its clear to me now how ego, free will and will power are illusions feeding a perspective of individuality. It is the illusion of free will and will power that keep the illusion of an individual ego relevant. And God lets the illusion play out like a dog chasing its tail. The part that always stumped me, was that we must have will power if we, as ego, can choose to find God. But now I see how its a part of the illusion as well. Once the illusion of will power seeks to resolve the illusion of free will and ego, all 3 appear to collapse upon themselves. But it also now makes sense that if ego doesn't choose to use its own illusion of will power to seek out its own truth, the illusion of its own existence will remain intact. So in a way, the ego actually does have a certain amount of control over its own idea of existence, as it feeds its own illusion. No wonder this has been so hard to understand. Will power does affect the individual perspective/experience until it is acknowledged as being an illusion and is surrendered to God. It can now be recognized as always having been God, but with blinders on. Now, with I as God, there clearly is no ego, no free will and no will power. I is a singularity. 

This realization still never triggered an awe inspiring spiritual experience where my energy is the universes energy, like I read about others having. But now the nature of ego and God seem so obvious. What I will hold in my mind moving forward is, I is God.

4 hours ago, Emanyalpsid said:

If Brahman or One is always there, even if formless so unable to conceptualize, in the strictest sense of non-duality, this is not non-duality. As this One or Brahman, which can not be conceptualized, is there, opposed to nothing.

Truth is only in the mind.

Brahman is beyond being and non-being. No, truth goes beyond the mind.

3 hours ago, BlackVoid said:

1. You have already quit the game. So simply, completely surrender. Give up all desires, expectations, and thoughts, and just be. Do not resist anything that happens, not in the world or in your mind. Just be. And you're instantly un-bound.

2. I don't know. From the standpoint of reincarnation theory, yes, you are certainly reborn.

3. Mental demons, perhaps.

1 hour ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight What is your understanding of self-referential thoughts? In your own work, you refer to the absolute insight as the final analysis. That is of course not the ground for this question. But on a relative level, do you believe that any thought can be NOT self-referential? 

Second question, as someone who is teaching these stuff, how would you go about intuiting that some one else is enlightened or not?

All thoughts are self-referential in some way. It is not self-referentiality that is the problem, but whether the Self is veiled or not.

And for what purpose would you want to know whether someone is enlightened or not? You can't know, because enlightenment doesn't really exist. All you can do, if one was evaluating a teacher, is to look at things like whether the person seems to have coherent words and actions, understands and is able to respond to questions, makes sense in their ideas, projects peace and patience, etc.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

6 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Brahman is beyond being and non-being. No, truth goes beyond the mind.

11 hours ago, winterknight said:

But it is always there right?

1 minute ago, Emanyalpsid said:

But it is always there right?

It cannot be said to be "always there" because that is a descriptor. It is beyond descriptors. It cannot be accurately described.

@winterknight

It is not self-referentiality that is the problem, but whether the Self is veiled or not.

Ah very good phrasing. 

And for what purpose would you want to know whether someone is enlightened or not?

It is actually for teaching someone else. I guess the question in not so much as they are enlightened or not, but whether they are moving towards the right direction.

7 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

Ah very good phrasing. 

It is actually for teaching someone else. I guess the question in not so much as they are enlightened or not, but whether they are moving towards the right direction.

Is their mind getting more peaceful? Is their desire for liberation intensifying? That's the right direction, basically.

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It cannot be said to be "always there" because that is a descriptor. It is beyond descriptors. It cannot be accurately described.

Okay let me rephrase that: is it always present?

12 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It is beyond presence and absence.

Is it absolute? (without form of course)

1 minute ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Is it absolute? (without form of course)

Absolute is just a pointer for seekers, not an accurate description. As I've already said, it's technically beyond any such terms.

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Absolute is just a pointer for seekers, not an accurate description. As I've already said, it's technically beyond any such terms.

But it comes close to this discription?

Edited by Emanyalpsid

5 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Does Brahman change?

It is beyond the categories of change and changelessness, indeed beyond words and mind.

Though it may sometimes be called changeless, that is again merely a pointer for seekers.

Are you going to keep asking me asking these sorts of questions? Why not just apply what I've said here to all those kinds of questions?

Edited by winterknight