winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, winterknight said:

To me these experiences and powers have nothing to do with spiritual liberation. But of course you are free to have your own definition.

Just wanted to check, you are Egoic. Just wanted to clarify this, we don't need more confusion on the forum.

Namaste

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Probably now you have felt a shift in energy. 

Blessing from your own heart!

I'm trying to understand your answers, @winterknight, but they're all riddles to me! Haha I realize I may not be far along enough to understand your answers, but I'd be grateful if you could dumb down your answers for a simpleton like me. I have yet to experience non-duality, but I'm looking forward to it. :)

I'm going to die one day, and I'll never exist as this ego again. From what I understand, my thoughts are created by my mind, but my consciousness exists outside of that. From what I understand, pure consciousness has neither thoughts nor memories. Is that correct?

It's hard to fathom that after my body dies, I won't ever experience things again. Or will I? Just as a different ego?

I'd love your thoughts on this!

Edited by Kloof

6 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yes this is progress. Good for you.

Your work has only just begun with this understanding.

So now, next step, hold to that "sense." Meaning keep it in attention at all times, waking and night. Sense that sense constantly.

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for your help!! I was so close but yet so far..... it's funny to me how that whole thing unfolded. I will definitely work on holding the sense. It took about an hour or so until I after I sent you that last message. But I was filled with Bliss for an hour or 2 once the fact of what had happened had settled in for me. So there was ultimately a reaction after all. :D

How do I get out of the dark knight of the soul?

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

12 minutes ago, Bauer1977 said:

Awesome!!! Thanks so much for your help!! I was so close but yet so far..... it's funny to me how that whole thing unfolded. I will definitely work on holding the sense. It took about an hour or so until I after I sent you that last message. But I was filled with Bliss for an hour or 2 once the fact of what had happened had settled in for me. So there was ultimately a reaction after all. :D

It is a subtle but constant emanation of bliss or more importantly, lack of all disturbances. It feels like as if life itself is made with only one element and that is 'bliss'.

right? :) 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Maybe he is meditating now, who knows ?

2 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Maybe he is meditating now, who knows ?

can't you see with your 9th dimensional remote vision? :o 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 hours ago, Kloof said:

I'm trying to understand your answers, @winterknight, but they're all riddles to me! Haha I realize I may not be far along enough to understand your answers, but I'd be grateful if you could dumb down your answers for a simpleton like me. I have yet to experience non-duality, but I'm looking forward to it. :)

I'm going to die one day, and I'll never exist as this ego again. From what I understand, my thoughts are created by my mind, but my consciousness exists outside of that. From what I understand, pure consciousness has neither thoughts nor memories. Is that correct?

It's hard to fathom that after my body dies, I won't ever experience things again. Or will I? Just as a different ego?

I'd love your thoughts on this!

So this is the problem with mixing non-dual and dual concepts... it gets to be a confusing mess. :)

Consciousness is not "outside" of mind and thoughts; they are nothing but appearances "within" it -- they are just forms of it. They are "contained" in it, but it is not contained in them. Actually they are not even that... but let's not get too complex.

From the standpoint of non-duality, you were never born into this ego, let alone some other ego later.

From the standpoint of reincarnation theory (which is not pure non-duality), you keep your ego, and it travels with you from body to body.

Best not to think about it too much -- just inquire into the "I" feeling relentlessly and you will find out who you are and you'll understand.

2 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

Great, good to hear!

2 hours ago, SageModeAustin said:

How do I get out of the dark knight of the soul?

You would have to explain in a lot more detail what you meant by this. There is no one "dark night." Each person's problems are different.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight extreme depression, OCD, ADHD. I've tried killing myself in the past. Life is meaningless. Everything is just a means to an end. Happiness ends. Suffering ends. Love ends. Joy ends. It all ends. We all die. Meaning is subjective. I feel like I am stuck in this body, this life. I want to escape, but I am too afraid to hurt other people for my actions. 

And yes I am doing all of the advice like working out, eating healthy, cold showers, meditation, self development it all just sucks. I've been this way for the past decade or more and it's only getting worse.  

Your intuition is your own personal genie.  Learn to trust that infinite intelligence.

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

can't you see with your 9th dimensional remote vision? :o 

kid.

38 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

@winterknight extreme depression, OCD, ADHD. I've tried killing myself in the past. Life is meaningless. Everything is just a means to an end. Happiness ends. Suffering ends. Love ends. Joy ends. It all ends. We all die. Meaning is subjective. I feel like I am stuck in this body, this life. I want to escape, but I am too afraid to hurt other people for my actions. 

And yes I am doing all of the advice like working out, eating healthy, cold showers, meditation, self development it all just sucks. I've been this way for the past decade or more and it's only getting worse.  

Yeah, those recommendations aren't going to cut it. No wonder you aren't getting better.

What you need is intensive psychoanalysis with an excellent therapist and very likely medication (or are you already taking some?).

Google "psychoanalytic institute <your city>", call them, and ask for a referral to a psychoanalyst who is also an MD.

PM me if you're having trouble.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight I have a therapist (although I haven't seen this one yet) and I do take medication. I'm dealing with a existential/spiritual suffering too not just biological. 

Edited by SageModeAustin

4 minutes ago, SageModeAustin said:

@winterknight I have a therapist (although I havent seen him yet) and I do take medication. I'm dealing with a existential/spiritual suffering too not just biological. 

What you need is psychoanalysis -- the most powerful and intensive kind of therapy. Is your therapist trained in psychoanalysis?

For someone who is suffering as much as you, I would easily recommend full-scale psychoanalysis: that's 3-5x/week -- at least, if the therapist thinks you're a good candidate for that. Only specially qualified people are allowed to conduct psychoanalysis.

Follow the instruction I gave above if you want to find an analyst, and if you're having trouble, or want to PM me details, feel free.

Edited by winterknight

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

It is a subtle but constant emanation of bliss or more importantly, lack of all disturbances. It feels like as if life itself is made with only one element and that is 'bliss'.

right? :) 

At this point I am not sure I have come to terms with my new reality to that degree just yet. But I hope that's what I end up with. That sounds amazing.

@winterknight How would I know when what you call the "spacious mind" has arrived and the "I" has disappeared? That is, how would i know when to 'stop' the self-inquiry?Would there be a significant shift in consciousness? 

It feels like there can be many states of mind that would feel like the 'spacious mind' .. 

Edited by graded24

7 hours ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight How would I know when what you call the "spacious mind" has arrived and the "I" has disappeared? That is, how would i know when to 'stop' the self-inquiry?Would there be a significant shift in consciousness? 

It feels like there can be many states of mind that would feel like the 'spacious mind' .. 

Yes, there would be a significant shift. It'll be dead clear and unmistakable when you have "recognized" the true Self (that's what the "spacious mind" is) -- because the "I" will have disappeared. There will not be a question of what to do, because there won't be anybody to have that question.

But another simpler measure is this -- is there dissatisfaction or peace in your mind? If there is peace and contentment even while you are going about doing things in the world, stop inquiry. And when there is dissatisfaction or anxiety or boredom or anything like that again ("Oh, is that all there is? I thought there'd be more" --> that's dissatisfaction)... start inquiry again.

16 hours ago, winterknight said:

So this is the problem with mixing non-dual and dual concepts... it gets to be a confusing mess. :)

Consciousness is not "outside" of mind and thoughts; they are nothing but appearances "within" it -- they are just forms of it. They are "contained" in it, but it is not contained in them. Actually they are not even that... but let's not get too complex.

From the standpoint of non-duality, you were never born into this ego, let alone some other ego later.

From the standpoint of reincarnation theory (which is not pure non-duality), you keep your ego, and it travels with you from body to body.

Best not to think about it too much -- just inquire into the "I" feeling relentlessly and you will find out who you are and you'll understand.

Thank you! I'll be honest, I'm having trouble grasping this, but I appreciate that you tried!
You're saying that "death" is a dual concept, right? I guess that makes sense. :) 
What would a non-dual concept be?
I'll write this down and revisit it after inquiring into the "I" feeling more. Also, I found your blog and it's a great resource, thank you! I laughed when you compared Eckhart Tolle to processed cereal; "probably fine." :) 
Would you consider your book a good resource for beginners like me? 

Just now, Kloof said:

Thank you! I'll be honest, I'm having trouble grasping this, but I appreciate that you tried!
You're saying that "death" is a dual concept, right? I guess that makes sense. :) 
What would a non-dual concept be?
I'll write this down and revisit it after inquiring into the "I" feeling more. Also, I found your blog and it's a great resource, thank you! I laughed when you compared Eckhart Tolle to processed cereal; "probably fine." :) 
Would you consider your book a good resource for beginners like me? 

Yes, death is a dual concept. A non-dual concept is something like "The Self is beyond life and death both." And then eventually "The Self is beyond dual and non-dual concepts. The Self is beyond Self and not Self." That sort of thing... 

Glad you're enjoying my blog. Yes, my book would be a good resource for beginners who are serious. It is not very large, so there's not a lot of filler, though, and so it will take some effort to think through. Feel free to PM with any questions.