winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

Can Vipassana , Kriya etc lead to the same place as Self inquiry does ?

I don't prefer these practices, but maybe, if you do them with great intensity and concentration. The really important rule is that you sincerely do what you really feel like doing in your heart. That will eventually lead you to the Truth, one way or the other.

1 minute ago, Outer said:

Do you think machines can become conscious?

No, but don't care to get into a debate in this thread about it.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Just now, winterknight said:

No, but don't care to get into a debate in this thread about it.

Ok, why can't machines become conscious?

I don't want to debate it, just asking.

1 minute ago, Outer said:

Ok, why can't machines become conscious?

I don't want to debate it, just asking.

In a nutshell, because machines are programmed (even if they are programmed via neural networks or whatever), whereas consciousness requires an openness to something more than programming: something spontaneous and creative that goes beyond any conceivable set of coded rules.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

In a nutshell, because machines are programmed (even if they are programmed via neural networks or whatever), whereas consciousness requires an openness to something more than programming: something spontaneous and creative that goes beyond any conceivable set of coded rules.

Is Akilesh programmed by genes and environment?

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

Is Akilesh programmed by genes and environment?

Yes, no, maybe so, depending on how you view the matter. This kind of theoretical discussion is not really the best thing for this thread. I'm staying with questions that relate to the Search.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Just because a human mind cannot imagine it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist or cannot arise. Over and over through history, what the human mind thought impossible or unimaginable arose. The human mind consciousness is a drop in the bucket. It’s like comparing the consciousness of a grasshopper to a human. Conscious states will arise that will make modern humans look like lower life forms.

How do you stop the monkey-mind long term? I have had enlightenment experiences in the past, but my mind has only sped up if anything. What would you recommend to quiet the mind? Does becoming enlightened slow the mind down?

That a human is, or a computer could be - conscious - is illusory. In actuality there is only consciousness, appearing to be some thing which is conscious; not things or objects which could be conscious, or produce ‘conscious’. “Conscious” is not a result of finite. For a computer to actually be conscious there would need to be an objective reality, no? 

I might be wrong, but it makes me wonder, @winterknight, would you say awareness & consciousness are the same / synonymous?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm It seems Absolute Consciousness and relative consciousness may be getting conflated in the thread.

@winterknight Many sage talk about awareness in deep sleep (not lucid dreaming). Do you experience this? If so, what can you tell us about it?

For example, Jan Esman describes it as "waking up in his sleep to bliss out for thirty minutes or so." 

What does this awareness entail? Is there any content to this awareness and if so are they sense-products?

Additionally, you mentioned that in deep sleep, the Self is experiencing unconsciousness. I always preferred the term "unmanifest", as in the Self is experiencing the unmanifest in deep sleep. In your view, are the two terms interchangeable? 

More question: 

Sages say that "bliss" or "happiness" or "peace" is our true nature. 

Sat, Cit, Ananda are said to be the three main "qualities", if one can use those terms.

Sat and Cit are reconcilable, but why Ananda? 

Is this a feeling or a sensation felt by the body?

Is it simple "knowledge" of the absolute - meaning awareness of it?

So, is your day to day consciousness different than a normal persons.....like, have you permanently changed or enhanced your consciousness? Or in other words, is your perception different? Things along those lines.....    Do you even want to answer this question lol?

Edited by pluto8