winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight That is something I have been doing, experiencing the pain without making a personal story about it...I sometimes sit for hours and it feels like I'm being tortured. But of course, if there is no "I" to be experiencing the pain, then I guess there is no problem. Easier said than done :)

9 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

@winterknight That is something I have been doing, experiencing the pain without making a personal story about it...I sometimes sit for hours and it feels like I'm being tortured. But of course, if there is no "I" to be experiencing the pain, then I guess there is no problem. Easier said than done :)

Find the true I through self-inquiry and you won't have to put in effort...

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Why is that you would gain the ability to answer so many questions just because you are enlightened? Like in other words, why is it that someone who is enlightened magically becomes a know it all? FYI, you probably don't literally know it all, lol...I think you get the point.

7 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

Why is that you would gain the ability to answer so many questions just because you are enlightened? Like in other words, why is it that someone who is enlightened magically becomes a know it all? FYI, you probably don't literally know it all, lol...I think you get the point.

It's not just because I'm enlightened that I can answer so many questions, but also because I've put a great deal of study, reflection, and effort in.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Are we living inside of a computer simulation?

Was becoming enlightened scary?

Edited by pluto8
added second question

11 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

Are we living inside of a computer simulation?

Not literally, no. You could use that metaphor if you found it useful.

Was becoming enlightened scary?

Some parts of the journey can be. On the way you'll have to face a lot of negative emotions within yourself.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Not literally, no. You could use that metaphor if you found it useful.

Some parts of the journey can be. On the way you'll have to face a lot of negative emotions within yourself.

Thank you very much(for both replies, I just happened to quote that one randomly). :)

Edited by pluto8

I have one last question for you. This one is a bit more personal and I would be surprised if you were able to answer it, but I would like to give it a shot. Sooo, I was in a car accident a while back, I was like 18 years old or something and based off the circumstances of it being my first crash, the car not being mine or my families, my location being multiple states away and other reasons which are hard to explain, ummm, I had like uncontrollable anxiety I guess, like I was really shaky that's all. Something happened in the hospital too. Anyways, I've been stuck with this energy thing for at least two years now and I can only attribute it to that crash. I have tried to get some help, but its basically turned into something that I'm trying to extinguish on my own. 

Do you have any insights for me?? I'd be surprised lol. FYI: I don't think it's kundalini because I don't feel like it is associated with the spine or lower spine. I do feel it......, but it seems to be connected to the eyes/head more than the spine.

First of all, your RM self-inquiry has been fantastic, I feel like I can merge with reality a lot easier and to a much greater degree than ever before.  Everyone should try this technique.

Anyways, could you briefly explain whether or not "karma" exists, and some of its basic principles?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

29 minutes ago, pluto8 said:

I have one last question for you. This one is a bit more personal and I would be surprised if you were able to answer it, but I would like to give it a shot. Sooo, I was in a car accident a while back, I was like 18 years old or something and based off the circumstances of it being my first crash, the car not being mine or my families, my location being multiple states away and other reasons which are hard to explain, ummm, I had like uncontrollable anxiety I guess, like I was really shaky that's all. Something happened in the hospital too. Anyways, I've been stuck with this energy thing for at least two years now and I can only attribute it to that crash. I have tried to get some help, but its basically turned into something that I'm trying to extinguish on my own. 

Do you have any insights for me?? I'd be surprised lol. FYI: I don't think it's kundalini because I don't feel like it is associated with the spine or lower spine. I do feel it......, but it seems to be connected to the eyes/head more than the spine.

I don't know what it is -- might be trauma. I'd suggest, like I suggest to all seekers, getting psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy. Prepare to spend some time and effort on it; it'll be worth it.

17 minutes ago, zambize said:

First of all, your RM self-inquiry has been fantastic, I feel like I can merge with reality a lot easier and to a much greater degree than ever before.  Everyone should try this technique.

Glad to hear it! 

Anyways, could you briefly explain whether or not "karma" exists, and some of its basic principles?

In the final analysis, karma does not exist. But for discusison's sake, karma really just means the laws of cause-and-effect, whatever they are. We don't know what they all are... we speculate, but we don't know. Different eastern traditions have different ideas about it: karma running from birth to birth, various kinds of punishments and rewards for immoral and moral acts, etc. But technically karma could be as simple as: you knocked over a glass of milk, and it stained your carpet. That's cause and effect -- karma.

Personally I prefer to call it all God's will, but even that isn't strictly true in the final analysis.

Edited by winterknight

@pluto8 If you haven’t tried it yet, you may want to consider shamanic/holotropic breathing.  It can help release stored memory energy in the mind-body.  I was able to release a couple childhood micro trauma with it.

24 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I don't know what it is -- might be trauma. I'd suggest, like I suggest to all seekers, getting psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy. Prepare to spend some time and effort on it; it'll be worth it.

Glad to hear it! 

In the final analysis, karma does not exist. But for discusison's sake, karma really just means the laws of cause-and-effect, whatever they are. We don't know what they all are... we speculate, but we don't know. Different eastern traditions have different ideas about it: karma running from birth to birth, various kinds of punishments and rewards for immoral and moral acts, etc. But technically karma could be as simple as: you knocked over a glass of milk, and it stained your carpet. That's cause and effect -- karma.

Personally I prefer to call it all God's will, but even that isn't strictly true in the final analysis.

What is said to exist in the final analysis? What can one say about the "final analysis"?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

2 minutes ago, zambize said:

What is said to exist in the final analysis? What can one say about the "final analysis"?

Well, there are two answers to that question.

Less accurate: The Self, whose nature is being, consciousness, and bliss, which is beyond time and space and all pairs of opposites and dualities -- it alone is.

More accurate: <silence>

I was meditating for a while, fyi, but not as much lately. I don't want to risk awakening kundalini on top of this or altering my consciousness. I also haven't been doing it as much because I end up thinking about it all to much afterwards and the energy just feels a little stronger when I'm in that state. I don't really know what to think of that post-meditation state though. TY TY.

You've answered a lot of peoples questions winterknight...

19 hours ago, winterknight said:

It's really good that you tried for several hours. It does take practice. Keep practicing -- determine that you will practice however long it takes -- it may take weeks or months.

The fact that you call it a "riddle" suggests to me that you are again using too much thinking. Your thinking mind is confusing you like crazy.

But look at your own language: "contemplated on the source of my certainty that I exist." "could not find one." "do not have a feeling of certainty that I exist."

Do you not see how these very statements embody that very certainty that you say you cannot find?

Who is that "I" you're referring to?

You do have that certainty. You've just mentioned it several times! It's not something mystical or hard to find or far away. It's not a trick question. You do know that you seem to be looking at this screen right now, reading these words. 

Now, where is that knowledge coming from? Take the awareness you mention "of my own search." How do you know that you're aware? Who is aware of that?

The answer is awareness. I don't have awareness, "I" am awareness, and "I" am aware of my own awareness (or of my Self). "I" am not sure how to express that without using the word "I". And when "I" use the word "I", "I" mean my body/mind as well as my awareness. Even though the body/mind is within the illusion, "I" continue to acknowledge that it is still part of my experience, and therefore a part of me and a part of all things that collectively make up the illusion.

Or to word it another way.... Being aware of awareness is the source and the certainty that "I", as awareness, have that "I" (awareness) exist. Without awareness, there could be no source or certainty. It would be impossible to know. And there couldn't be an "I" to know either. It takes a conscious being to examine Consciousness, or one must be able to understand in order to understand the meaning of the word "understand".

You might say that's an intellectual answer. "I" have studied a great deal of literature regarding Enlightenment for many years. "I" am unsure how to contemplate anything or my Self without it.

Is that not a proper approach? If so, what would the work around be to that?

Edited by Bauer1977
Added a new paragraph

@winterknight Do you abide in the state of freedom from ego constantly? Or do you flip back into the ego-perspective here and there?

Also, how long were you engaging in the self-inquiry and searching for the feeling of "I" before the shift happened?

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@winterknight If you could ask 3 questions to help you ascertain how much a particular seeker "gets it", what would they be?

Edited by Sashaj

6 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

The answer is awareness. I don't have awareness, "I" am awareness

If "I am awareness," who is aware of that fact?

6 hours ago, Emerald said:

@winterknight Do you abide in the state of freedom from ego constantly? Or do you flip back into the ego-perspective here and there?

Also, how long were you engaging in the self-inquiry and searching for the feeling of "I" before the shift happened?

There is no state of freedom. Freedom is constant; it is not a state. No identification with thoughts ever is the case. It isn't for you, either.

Speaking of "shifts" is technically inaccurate, but for discussion's sake: 1 year of intense self-inquiry, but before that 19 more years of searching.

4 hours ago, Sashaj said:

@winterknight If you could ask 3 questions to help you ascertain how much a particular seeker "gets it", what would they be?

There's no way to do that. Anyone can parrot answers. You have to look at them in context and use intuition.