winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, winterknight said:
18 hours ago, Jordan94 said:

Thank you

Ok I understand more, I thought before that it was about expressing our creativity throught some form of art kind of, but it's more like puting on paper our feelings/emotions, right ?

Well, it's both, actually. If you are really true and accurate to your feelings, because your particular set of feelings is so unique to you and your perspective, your attempt to capture them will inevitably come out creative. 

Okay, makes a bit of sense, but I mean it's ok if it's not in a way that looks 'artistic' or 'good' or 'makes sense' (although all of that is subjective i guess) like a drawing or a novel/poem, it's still fine right ?

Just a blend description "this happened i felt a sensation in my chest then this thought arise and this burning-icy-mountain-spiked-whatever (xD) sensation arose and i had a thought 'blablablal', makes me think about that", something like that would be good ?

How do you know there isn't something "more" outside of nothingness?

For example: Nintendo's Mario might start to question himself and discover he doesn't really exist. That there's essentially no difference between himself and the rest of the computer code. That this computer code is really fundamentally nothing as well and that everything is an illusion (in this world).

However, there is still an external/higher reality outside of the computer that runs on very different rules and what may have felt very complete to Mario's realization doesn't take into account this inconceivable reality.

I guess what I'm ultimately asking is if there's the chance of an even higher/deeper/more fundamental truth existing beyond what is considered enlightenment?

6 hours ago, Sashaj said:

I love the simplicity of the process but I feel like I’d be bored in 5 minutes with such a futile search for something that doesn’t exist!

Luckily it does exist, it just isn't what you think it is...quite literally :)

5 hours ago, Jordan94 said:

Okay, makes a bit of sense, but I mean it's ok if it's not in a way that looks 'artistic' or 'good' or 'makes sense' (although all of that is subjective i guess) like a drawing or a novel/poem, it's still fine right ?

Just a blend description "this happened i felt a sensation in my chest then this thought arise and this burning-icy-mountain-spiked-whatever (xD) sensation arose and i had a thought 'blablablal', makes me think about that", something like that would be good ?

Yes. Although you may find that a little artistry captures your feelings better in the end. That's one of the reasons artistry exists! 

If you wrote, for example, as if you were trying to get someone else to understand your feelings -- it can help you better express your feelings to yourself. But just start the way you've mentioned above "this happened I felt..." etc. and then if you need more you can do more.

2 hours ago, Gneumatics said:

How do you know there isn't something "more" outside of nothingness?

For example: Nintendo's Mario might start to question himself and discover he doesn't really exist. That there's essentially no difference between himself and the rest of the computer code. That this computer code is really fundamentally nothing as well and that everything is an illusion (in this world).

However, there is still an external/higher reality outside of the computer that runs on very different rules and what may have felt very complete to Mario's realization doesn't take into account this inconceivable reality.

I guess what I'm ultimately asking is if there's the chance of an even higher/deeper/more fundamental truth existing beyond what is considered enlightenment?

Enlightenment isn't simply the concept that you don't exist. It is the radiant shining of the Self -- it is in other words, not simply "I am not" but a very real, positive, and unspeakable experience of "I-am-ness."

And because of what it is, it is beyond doubt and uncertainty.

Now of course none of that speaks to other worlds beyond our own. If there is this world, there may be many more complex worlds/realities.

But enlightenment is not about complexity; it's about simplicity. However many more complex worlds "exist," the truth of enlightenment will still be the case.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Can you access the Akashic records? (ie. access the etheric plane)

Edited by Tistepiste

27 minutes ago, Tistepiste said:

Can you access the Akashic records? (ie. access the etheric plane)

No. This has nothing to do with enlightenment; it would be considered a "siddhi," a supernatural power.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

48 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes. Although you may find that a little artistry captures your feelings better in the end. That's one of the reasons artistry exists! 

If you wrote, for example, as if you were trying to get someone else to understand your feelings -- it can help you better express your feelings to yourself. But just start the way you've mentioned above "this happened I felt..." etc. and then if you need more you can do more.

Okay thanks a lot i'll try it

Is it also about writing with the idea to try to understand and manage our own psychology/emotions/feeling ? Or the practice is just about neutraly describing what is happening ?

3 minutes ago, Jordan94 said:

Okay thanks a lot i'll try it

Is it also about writing with the idea to try to understand and manage our own psychology/emotions/feeling ? Or the practice is just about neutraly describing what is happening ?

It's describing accurately what it is like to feel like you feel. The idea is to capture it so that when you look at it you feel like "YES! That is what I feel like! Exactly!" If you do it right it will feel like you've clarified your feelings, that from a confused mass they've become clearer.

That tiny little uneasiness you have about something... describe that. There's an idea there. That little strange feeling you get about that person... it also means something. All these little pieces will show that where you thought you had one feeling you actually had several complicated, intertwined feelings and thoughts.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight forwarding a few questions from someone.

Why is their evil in this world? Why?

Why do I want to punish the punisher? (personal)

Why is their injustice and suffering? (don't tell me we are all different thats why...if we are all one then why can't we be the same?)

Edited by SoonHei
Additional

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

23 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight forwarding a few questions from someone.

Why is their evil in this world? Why?

Why do I want to punish the punisher? (personal)

Why is their injustice and suffering? (don't tell me we are all different thats why...if we are all one then why can't we be the same?)

1 and 3 are the same question. The answer depends on the level of understanding of the questioner. At one level we could say: it's God's will.

At a higher level we would say: there is really no evil, suffering, or injustice. These are all based on the false identification with the body-mind. Find out who asks these questions and you shall see for yourself.

The answer to 2 is the same thing, really: one identifies with the body-mind, and the human mind is built to like revenge.

Look into who you are -- that's the only real way these questions get answered. Word answers will not satisfy.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight You gave me best explanation on self inquiry and it is the only effective method for me Thank you!! Who am I alone is confusing your way is simplistic and  i am able to rest as awareness 

What about sri nisargadatta’s only focusing on I Am or Neti Neti etc is it less  useful?

21 minutes ago, SriBhagwanYogi said:

@winterknight You gave me best explanation on self inquiry and it is the only effective method for me Thank you!! Who am I alone is confusing your way is simplistic and  i am able to rest as awareness 

What about sri nisargadatta’s only focusing on I Am or Neti Neti etc is it less  useful?

Do whatever suits you. Different methods are for different minds. To my taste RM's self-inquiry is best.

@winterknight

What insight can you share about "one-ness"?

I have begun to perceive the physical world as a contiguous entity rather than divided up into parts. This includes the body which is the source of the dominant sensual perceptions. I have realized that all separation are rooted in associating thought-forms to "things", and that were you to be fully present you will be unable to perceive separation no matter how hard you try. 

What else have you seen? How has prolonged perception of the world in this manner affected your day-to-day life? Do you find yourself more perceptive to subtler perceptions?

42 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight

What insight can you share about "one-ness"?

I have begun to perceive the physical world as a contiguous entity rather than divided up into parts. This includes the body which is the source of the dominant sensual perceptions. I have realized that all separation are rooted in associating thought-forms to "things", and that were you to be fully present you will be unable to perceive separation no matter how hard you try. 

What else have you seen? How has prolonged perception of the world in this manner affected your day-to-day life? Do you find yourself more perceptive to subtler perceptions?

The Truth really goes beyond "oneness." That's why advaita means "not-twoness." One implies two; the Truth goes beyond the distinction.

The Truth is beyond separation; but it is also equally beyond unity. These are part of a duality that must be overcome. They are both in thought.

This has affected "my day-to-day life" most by the fact that I recognize there is no "my day-to-day life." That thought is fiction. Leave it all behind.

I don't agree that there are perceptions, subtle or otherwise, so subtler perceptions may or may not be happening. If for the sake of discussion I talked about perceptions, I'd say probably, because quiet minds invite that sort of thing. But really there is no such thing as perception, and desires for subtler perceptions can be a snare.

Edited by winterknight

3 hours ago, winterknight said:

The Truth is beyond separation; but it is also equally beyond unity. These are part of a duality that must be overcome. They are both in thought.

Must be overcome for what?

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Must be overcome to understand what he means, but whatever he agrees in perception or not is not of matter, as it is nothing, or you could say it is loop , because there is no start or end for this very question.

Which stage of Enlightenment did you attain? Stage 1 or Stage 2? Did you remain a part of this World or did you Ascend to Absolute Infinity?

Have to figure out how to embody nothing, be both and one and nothing at the same time. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

To have a correct understanding, for whatever that's worth.

39 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Which stage of Enlightenment did you attain? Stage 1 or Stage 2? Did you remain a part of this World or did you Ascend to Absolute Infinity?

I'm not sure what the stages of enlightenment you're referring to are and what model they come from.

There's really only one enlightenment, which is beyond this world and runs through it, and even that enlightenment in the end, and the world it supposedly runs through, cannot be said to exist.

3 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Have to figure out how to embody nothing, be both and one and nothing at the same time. 

No need to figure it out. Only clear away the misconceptions -- indeed, only give up thinking -- and what remains is That.