winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, winterknight said:

Well, you wrote "That i accepted what happened to me" -- what did you mean by it?

I did not blame my father or my mouther  and i accepted who I'm.  

@winterknight You talk a lot about expressing our own feelings/emotions throught writing/drawing/etc

I'm not good at drawing and never been too interested in that so it doesnt seem to appealing to me, and for writing, what do you mean by that ? writing scenarios ? or like journaling ? or something else ?

What would be other options than that ?

@winterknight  I have an urge to let go of all things but I have also a fear that it is too early. Like a nagging doubt that I haven’t developed my concentration deeply enough and if I let go too early there will be an incomplete awakening. Does this make any sense?

@winterknight do you think it is fair to say that for you, winterknight, there's no difference between the body-mind having a cup of tea versus watching a movie versus having sex. Each of these separate activities have no distinction from the place where you are watching from. They are just different appearances to you, having the same fundamental a sense of awareness only. ?

In other words, for someone who is enlightened there's no preferred state of experience, it is all just experienced, and equally liked. No preference whatsoever, it is all unconditional love and acceptance.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

5 hours ago, Blissout said:

Winterknight,

I remember you from 1-2 years ago.

Back then when I asked you claimed to be liberated and when I asked you if you can still suffer, anxiety ,future worries. you said yes.

Are you saying to me the shift back then wasn't final, and now it is and you can't ever suffer from those things anymore?

You're thinking of someone different. I wasn't here 1-2 years ago.

4 hours ago, ActualizedDavid said:

I did not blame my father or my mouther  and i accepted who I'm.  

There you go. That's a big step. That can have a big effect on the mind.

59 minutes ago, Jordan94 said:

@winterknight You talk a lot about expressing our own feelings/emotions throught writing/drawing/etc

I'm not good at drawing and never been too interested in that so it doesnt seem to appealing to me, and for writing, what do you mean by that ? writing scenarios ? or like journaling ? or something else ?

What would be other options than that ?

I mean trying to capture your feelings in words. Literally: what are you feeling? Try to create a set of words that, when you look at it and feel yes, this is what I'm feeling.

In order to do that, metaphor is extremely helpful: compare your feelings to things that they are like or unlike. If you're feeling angry, for instance, is it anger like a volcano? Anger like an icy lake? Icy like a sharp pain in your heart? Try to feel what's in your body and in your experience and express every nuance of the feeling, and what it's connected to.

Now, there may be more. Story can be helpful for expressing complex feelings. Poems might work for some people. Yes, scenarios and journaling too. It just depends on you. The point is to express your feelings in their detail. Experiment.

This is all particularly helpful when trying to process a complex set of things that you feel and think about a person, a situation, or yourself. Because often we feel this whole series of things that we cannot see clearly. This helps us see what's going on.

28 minutes ago, Sashaj said:

@winterknight  I have an urge to let go of all things but I have also a fear that it is too early. Like a nagging doubt that I haven’t developed my concentration deeply enough and if I let go too early there will be an incomplete awakening. Does this make any sense?

Yes. So do self-inquiry intensely until you feel comfortable.

5 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight do you think it is fair to say that for you, winterknight, there's no difference between the body-mind having a cup of tea versus watching a movie versus having sex. Each of these separate activities have no distinction from the place where you are watching from. They are just different appearances to you, having the same fundamental a sense of awareness only. ?

In other words, for someone who is enlightened there's no preferred state of experience, it is all just experienced, and equally liked. No preference whatsoever, it is all unconditional love and acceptance.

Best not to try to describe "my" state, because it will always be misleading, but I have to say: this is not correct either. When one says there is "no difference" between these various activities, that is accurate either. If the activities are said to be there, there must be differences. It is the activities themselves that do not exist. It is not that the activities are equally liked, but that there is something beyond liking and not liking entirely.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

No, I am not.

You were on Reddit, and I know your site and YouTube video. Your profile gave you away .

Anyway please don't say you are enlightened when you still can experience a little bit of suffering. 

6 minutes ago, Blissout said:

Anyway please don't say you are enlightened when you still can experience a little bit of suffering. 

Whether a jnani experiences suffering and how is always going to be misleading when put into words. If there is said to be a mind, then there is said to be suffering. If there is not said to be a mind, then there is no one there who can be said not to suffer.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

On 11/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, Salvijus said:

Bhuddha said

"I don't want to go to heaven, I want to go to hell because anyways I can't suffer, at least there I can help others."

This is a liberated being. A true authentic being.

Tell me can you go to hell joyfully? Without any suffering? Without any hesitation, without any fear of pain?

That's so beautiful, I've been reading through this, thanks for that insight

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

4 minutes ago, Angelite said:

@winterknight How does the act of mindfulness bring someone to Enlightenment? How does the process work? 

Well, the main technique I recommend is not mindfulness as it is commonly practiced, but Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry -- or else an attempt at total surrender to whatever happens. 

In self-inquiry, the ego -- that sense that "I am" -- is chased backwards over the layers of identities and stories it's told itself about what it is. When these are examined, they are found not to be the "I am." When enough of this is cleared away... you might finally recognize the Silence That Remains as your true Self. 

What you are is actually quite blindingly obvious, but you can't recognize it because of habit, because of the desire to "see" the "I" as an object instead of knowing it by being it. Self-inquiry clears away the "superimpositions" of the ego, and destroys that habit.

Edited by winterknight

How do you define 'the you that is actually quite blindingly obvious'? Is it normal physical state with peace and presence? Or is it non-physical?

14 minutes ago, Angelite said:

How do you define 'the you that is actually quite blindingly obvious'? Is it normal physical state with peace and presence? Or is it non-physical?

No, it is not a state. It is defined as peace-being-consciousness beyond time and space. It is beyond the duality of physical and non-physical.

But it's really extremely simple. Definitions make it sound complex. Intellect can be useful for a while, but it ultimately has to be let go.

Edited by winterknight

In a one on one self-help session, would you consider lies or half truths if you knew that the full truth would turn them off the path of enlightenment forever.  Does the truth come over all, or does reducing the suffering of other people come above honesty?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

I mean trying to capture your feelings in words. Literally: what are you feeling? Try to create a set of words that, when you look at it and feel yes, this is what I'm feeling.

In order to do that, metaphor is extremely helpful: compare your feelings to things that they are like or unlike. If you're feeling angry, for instance, is it anger like a volcano? Anger like an icy lake? Icy like a sharp pain in your heart? Try to feel what's in your body and in your experience and express every nuance of the feeling, and what it's connected to.

Now, there may be more. Story can be helpful for expressing complex feelings. Poems might work for some people. Yes, scenarios and journaling too. It just depends on you. The point is to express your feelings in their detail. Experiment.

This is all particularly helpful when trying to process a complex set of things that you feel and think about a person, a situation, or yourself. Because often we feel this whole series of things that we cannot see clearly. This helps us see what's going on.

Thank you

Ok I understand more, I thought before that it was about expressing our creativity throught some form of art kind of, but it's more like puting on paper our feelings/emotions, right ?

10 minutes ago, zambize said:

In a one on one self-help session, would you consider lies or half truths if you knew that the full truth would turn them off the path of enlightenment forever.  Does the truth come over all, or does reducing the suffering of other people come above honesty?

All words are half truths with respect to the Truth. And what counts as a true word in the spiritual context is what helps move people towards the Truth. So how you phrase things should depend on the audience and the capacity of the listener to understand what you're saying. Truth for a child is not the same as truth for an adult.

In my one-on-one sessions, I work at the level that the person is at -- and try  to present things in a way that the person can understand and connect with. The real and final Truth is beyond the intellect, and that's where they have to go.

4 minutes ago, Jordan94 said:

Thank you

Ok I understand more, I thought before that it was about expressing our creativity throught some form of art kind of, but it's more like puting on paper our feelings/emotions, right ?

Well, it's both, actually. If you are really true and accurate to your feelings, because your particular set of feelings is so unique to you and your perspective, your attempt to capture them will inevitably come out creative. 

Edited by winterknight

13 minutes ago, winterknight said:

as peace-being-consciousness beyond time and space

If people didn't realize that , will they be in eternal suffering? To infinity? Or will there be a definitive end when everyone will realize it? 

I am thinking through the perspective of physical death. Let's say, if people are unconscious of these, till whenever, will we be stuck in physical reality?(you call it illusions~) ,or if we died in this physical reality, will the suffering continues in the form of life after death? As in hell and heaven, depending on the Ego's life......

or, will there be a definitive point where everyone will realize it regardless of not achieving that Awareness? 

Just now, Angelite said:

If people didn't realize that , will they be in eternal suffering? To infinity? Or will there be a definitive end when everyone will realize it? 

I am thinking through the perspective of physical death. Let's say, if people are unconscious of these, till whenever, will we be stuck in physical reality?(you call it illusions~) ,or if we died in this physical reality, will the suffering continues in the form of life after death? As in hell and heaven, depending on the Ego's life......

or, will there be a definitive point where everyone will realize it regardless of not achieving that Awareness? 

If there are people -- then there is birth -- and re-birth. And yes, that will continue on until "everyone realizes." What do you mean "regardless of not achieving that Awareness"? Realization is that Awareness.

But this is all idle speculation: there is no help in the spiritual search thinking about these things. There are no people, really. Ask yourself who is asking this question.

I'm about to do my morning meditation, this morning I have two hours.  Are there any specific meditation techniques that you developed yourself or endorse strongly that not many people know about?  How would you recommend I best spend these two hours meditating?