winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight why quiet mind is important in spiritual practice?

Because the noisy mind is what prevents you from recognizing your true Self. It's like the reflection of the moon in a lake. If the lake is disturbed, the moon's reflection is also disturbed. If you want to see the moon clearly, the lake needs to be still.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

How do you view day-to-day life now? Do you feel disconnected, as if playing a video game with intense graphics and experiences, and so on?

Edited by mochafrap

17 minutes ago, mochafrap said:

How do you view day-to-day life now? Do you feel disconnected, as if playing a video game with intense graphics and experiences, and so on?

No, that would require a sense of separation... which is precisely what isn't the case... "I" don't view day-to-day life. There's just peace.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

No, that would require a sense of separation... which is precisely what isn't the case... "I" don't view day-to-day life. There's just peace.

Ah. I think I am struggling with a fear of depersonalization, which is why I asked the original question. Your answer kind of makes sense to me because I see how this fear of mine involves separation, but I'll have to work to actually grasp it. Any input you have on this idea of depersonalized sensations would be appreciated :) or any further input on the lack of separation in enlightenment. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, mochafrap said:

Ah. I think I am struggling with a fear of depersonalization, which is why I asked the original question. Your answer kind of makes sense to me because I see how this fear of mine involves separation, but I'll have to work to actually grasp it. Any input you have on this idea of depersonalized sensations would be appreciated :) or any further input on the lack of separation in enlightenment. Thank you.

When you look at something beautiful -- say, a gorgeous view from a mountain, or you hear a haunting melody, or you're incredibly thirsty and drink that first sip of cold, clean, clear water... for a second you're at peace, right?

The mind is still.

There's no disconnection or depersonalization there.

Those are little glimpses of the Self.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight Given that free will is an illusion, and I am fully onboard with that idea. Does that then mean that our individual lives are scripted from conception, and even including conception? If we truly are nothing but awareness, and every thought and decision is given to us, what role do we have in our own growth, development and enlightenment? If there really is zero control, coupled with the knowledge that time is also an illusion, doesn't it seem as though every moment of creation within the illusion of duality would have to be completely scripted throughout all time? How could it be any other way given the laws and structure of the universe?

3 hours ago, Bauer1977 said:

@winterknight Given that free will is an illusion, and I am fully onboard with that idea. Does that then mean that our individual lives are scripted from conception, and even including conception? If we truly are nothing but awareness, and every thought and decision is given to us, what role do we have in our own growth, development and enlightenment? If there really is zero control, coupled with the knowledge that time is also an illusion, doesn't it seem as though every moment of creation within the illusion of duality would have to be completely scripted throughout all time? How could it be any other way given the laws and structure of the universe?

One could view it as scripted, or one could view it as being constantly created according to God's will, which operates spontaneously and unscriptedly at every moment. It could well be that our understanding of the laws and structure of the universe are merely an approximate glimpse at God's will, which may not be pre-determined. This is already suggested by the probabilistic nature of quantum effects.

The people we "think" we are of course have roles in our own growth and development. Developmental tasks must be processed consciously, and choices must be made -- and those choices themselves are parts of the script, but necessary parts of the script, in the same way that, for example, if you rolled a rock down a hill, it would touch various parts of the hill all the way down, and each of those parts of the hill would contribute its own little bit to the rock's speed and direction and angle.

Though of course in reality free will is neither scripted nor created, being unreal -- not just free will but all phenomena are illusion.

Edited by winterknight

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I advocate that people spend time in self-inquiry and find the happiness within. That is real success.

Any tips on how to deal with not wanting to sleep, or rather not being able to sleep . 

Edited by purerogue

2 minutes ago, purerogue said:

Any tips on how to deal with not wanting to sleep, or rather not being able to sleep . 

This could happen for many reasons. Read this page, try the tips, and if they don't work, go see a doctor who specializes in sleep issues. Oh, and my standard recommendation: get psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy.

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

This could happen for many reasons. Read this page, try the tips, and if they don't work, go see a doctor who specializes in sleep issues. Oh, and my standard recommendation: get psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy.

K I guess I did not made it clear enough , what to do with sleep problems that occur because of spirituality, when you have to much energy and you just can't sleep for to long, or it is only my problem. 

@winterknight when i had my last mystical experience as i mentioned you before, i felt like i was in a state pf bliss and i dont want it to leave me at any cost. Nonetheless, that feeling was gone and slowly i was back in my previous state. Since then, i have noticed that i am secretly craving for that state of bliss again, but i dont know how to attain it again. What to do? And why does it leave us?

What do you think of the 'new age' phenomenon.  The video I linked earlier is a 'new ager' so to speak.  It's got its own dogma and religious qualities that are to be taken on faith or belief.  The ACIM crowd sometimes crosses over into some of these concepts.

The entire new age doctrine revolves around ascended masters who are actually aliens of the 11th dimension, or Arcturians, and there is a conspiracy about Atlantis, Ley Lines, the pyramids, and it all culminates in being the missing pieces in a huge conspiracy over the unsolved mysteries over the ancient world.

Teal Swan has a huge following, she has had several followers commit suicide, she has promoted suicidal ideation as a 'reset button', claims she can hear tectonic plates moving, I could keep going.  That being said, she has some decent practical psychotherapeutic advice, but definitely is not a mentally stable person.  She has an 'ashram' in Costa Rica, her followers are tattooed with her symbol.  She bashes basically every guru in existence, which is fine, but highly hypocritical in that she breaks the same rules she pushes for, like sleeping with your followers.

Matt Kahn makes a similar show, where he makes predictions that don't come true, then makes an unverifiable excuse of how it actuality DID come true.  The new age community at large cannot agree on a single narrative, though I'm sure something is in the works or already exists.  They all have different interpretations, different alien races, but they all claim to 'intuit' it or get a 'download' from source.

Wtf is happening here?  All of these new agers seem to hand out good practical advice at times, then just go off into totally unverifiable and fantastic information...why not stop at the practical advice?  Not to mention the amount of money they charge, hundreds of dollars for 'starseed' activation and other craziness.

When I question these things, I'm bombarded by a weaponized version of spiral dynamics, pigeon holed into a place of 'you've not reached that stage of consciousness' to understand.

There is a corruption, so to speak, in many spiritual circles and communities, it seems an inherent part of every human system, corruption exists or someone intentionally  benefits from the misfortune of others, even on a path to God so to speak.

Grace

57 minutes ago, purerogue said:

K I guess I did not made it clear enough , what to do with sleep problems that occur because of spirituality, when you have to much energy and you just can't sleep for to long, or it is only my problem. 

Just how long are you sleeping and how long as it been going on? Spirituality shouldn't normally cause insomnia. It's more likely to be a matter of psychology or physiology.

56 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight when i had my last mystical experience as i mentioned you before, i felt like i was in a state pf bliss and i dont want it to leave me at any cost. Nonetheless, that feeling was gone and slowly i was back in my previous state. Since then, i have noticed that i am secretly craving for that state of bliss again, but i dont know how to attain it again. What to do? And why does it leave us?

You are going in circles. That is because you need to deal with psychological issues.

I gave you tips via PM on how to find a good therapist. Did you follow them?

And did you see my previous suggestions about chanting Om and doing breathing exercises? Did you read them, think about them, try them?

50 minutes ago, MiracleMan said:

What do you think of the 'new age' phenomenon.  The video I linked earlier is a 'new ager' so to speak.  It's got its own dogma and religious qualities that are to be taken on faith or belief.  The ACIM crowd sometimes crosses over into some of these concepts.

The entire new age doctrine revolves around ascended masters who are actually aliens of the 11th dimension, or Arcturians, and there is a conspiracy about Atlantis, Ley Lines, the pyramids, and it all culminates in being the missing pieces in a huge conspiracy over the unsolved mysteries over the ancient world.

Teal Swan has a huge following, she has had several followers commit suicide, she has promoted suicidal ideation as a 'reset button', claims she can hear tectonic plates moving, I could keep going.  That being said, she has some decent practical psychotherapeutic advice, but definitely is not a mentally stable person.  She has an 'ashram' in Costa Rica, her followers are tattooed with her symbol.  She bashes basically every guru in existence, which is fine, but highly hypocritical in that she breaks the same rules she pushes for, like sleeping with your followers.

Matt Kahn makes a similar show, where he makes predictions that don't come true, then makes an unverifiable excuse of how it actuality DID come true.  The new age community at large cannot agree on a single narrative, though I'm sure something is in the works or already exists.  They all have different interpretations, different alien races, but they all claim to 'intuit' it or get a 'download' from source.

Wtf is happening here?  All of these new agers seem to hand out good practical advice at times, then just go off into totally unverifiable and fantastic information...why not stop at the practical advice?  Not to mention the amount of money they charge, hundreds of dollars for 'starseed' activation and other craziness.

When I question these things, I'm bombarded by a weaponized version of spiral dynamics, pigeon holed into a place of 'you've not reached that stage of consciousness' to understand.

There is a corruption, so to speak, in many spiritual circles and communities, it seems an inherent part of every human system, corruption exists or someone intentionally  benefits from the misfortune of others, even on a path to God so to speak.

Yes, this is all true, but it is best to focus on your own spiritual search and ignore the ones you disagree with. Just don't get involved.

@winterknight I often in my past used to do prank calls, or pranks on people. Now this was something that I just did to amuse myself, for example one time I could be at the mall and while interacting with the sales associate I wouldn't talk in my normal accent or voice, almost like I'm speaking as a character that I'm playing. Now all the while I would be playing this set character and interacting with the person the real me, which in this case I am pointing to the normal day-to-day me, would be aware of the fact that I am just putting on a mask and doing a funny accent or just pretending not to know something for my own entertainment purposes. What do you say that to an enlightened being such as yourself when the body and mind speak is it kind of like the situation I described? Where in the real you is aware of the fact that the body and mind is just the tool which is being used to communicate. I'm not sure what the answer to this question will really bring up out for me, I just figure that as I still do this from time to time it might be a good thing to be watching from my normal state and observing how I play that character or part. And in the process somehow mail so see through my normal day-to-day self. Now as I wrote this a thought occurred to me about why not just do the self inquiry directly, and that's valid. I think but I have no answer for it haha. Anyways thank you

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

58 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight I often in my past used to do prank calls, or pranks on people. Now this was something that I just did to amuse myself, for example one time I could be at the mall and while interacting with the sales associate I wouldn't talk in my normal accent or voice, almost like I'm speaking as a character that I'm playing. Now all the while I would be playing this set character and interacting with the person the real me, which in this case I am pointing to the normal day-to-day me, would be aware of the fact that I am just putting on a mask and doing a funny accent or just pretending not to know something for my own entertainment purposes. What do you say that to an enlightened being such as yourself when the body and mind speak is it kind of like the situation I described? Where in the real you is aware of the fact that the body and mind is just the tool which is being used to communicate.

Not quite. It's more like being "zoned out" -- like when you are absorbed in an activity and 2 hours go by without your even noticing. Where were the body and mind then? You were so intensely involved that they disappeared. It's kind of like that.

Even what you think of as the "real character" who is watching is also a fake character. 

I'm not sure what the answer to this question will really bring up out for me, I just figure that as I still do this from time to time it might be a good thing to be watching from my normal state and observing how I play that character or part. And in the process somehow mail so see through my normal day-to-day self. Now as I wrote this a thought occurred to me about why not just do the self inquiry directly, and that's valid. I think but I have no answer for it haha. Anyways thank you

Yeah, good question

This is awesome that you're doing this.

Anyways, I had seen one of your comments about the probabilistic nature of quantum mechanics, and I'm not here to grill you on that.  However, I'm curious how much you've looked into the "sciences".  In terms of the physical laws of the universe, gravity, quantum mechanics, even the initial state of the universe I.E. big bang.  My question is do you see any use in studying these laws in understanding the universe and it's creation, or do you think that studying these laws outside of benefiting humans and technology is a waste.  For example, quantum mechanics is an interesting field because we really don't know what the fuck is going on.  We did the measurements, and then created the model that matched the measurements we got, and it worked in terms of predictability.  However, we have very little insight into why the hell the quantum world acts so strange when compared to the Newtonian world we live in.  Do you think there are insights to be had her in understanding why the quantum world and other laws of nature are the way they are, or do you think that the only way to get at the absolute Truth is through experience?

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows