winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight I'm noticing that the path of enlightenment seems to follow a trend of : finding myself > losing myself > finding (M)yself again. With a possible 'losing myself again' tacked on at the end.  

If there is such a cycle, does it ever end? Would I want it to? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

7 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight I'm noticing that the path of enlightenment seems to follow a trend of : finding myself > losing myself > finding (M)yself again. With a possible 'losing myself again' tacked on at the end.  

Of I get it.... When there is realization that nothing is ever lost... Do the two realities of losing ~(infinity symbol) finding (S)elf,  and knowing nothing is lost, coexist? But nothing exists.... 

Like what the hell? 

21 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight is there a difference between the brain of the human body and the mind of a human body? (if one were to pretend either of these things exist?)

Yes. The brain is just a physical manifestation of the mind, which goes far beyond it.

16 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yes, it does end when you have put in enough effort. You cannot know how much that is in advance. Yes, you would want it to.

5 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Of I get it.... When there is realization that nothing is ever lost... Do the two realities of losing ~(infinity symbol) finding (S)elf,  and knowing nothing is lost, coexist? But nothing exists.... 

Like what the hell? 

Yes, it's impossible to understand in words... just find it for yourself and you will get it.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

24 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, it's impossible to understand in words... just find it for yourself and you will get it.

Can't wait. But will. 

Who is enlightened?

Who is asking who anything?

Who? Who! WHO!

9 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Who is enlightened?

Who is asking who anything?

Who? Who! WHO!

who-who-who-who.jpg

@winterknight @winterknight @winterknight

Are you a talking corpse? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

37 minutes ago, Etherial Cat said:

I find it hard to surrender to Brahman. I know its silly, because the sense of control of the ego is just illusionary.  Yet, I think I am secretly bitter at fully embracing the surrendering of my egoic survival agenda. The reason why is, as I got to understand more and more about seeking and spirituality, I got interested in the life of other seekers and mystics. 

I am still trying to wrap my head under why the universe has chosen such an unpleasant experience for Jesus to go through. I know God has done this to himself as both are one, but if I have to look at it from Jesus's perspective, I'm still stuck at the impression that was a betrayal of trust.  I'm genuinely upset at his experience. 

The corollary to this, is that for me, as long as I can't make sense of that and process my anger, my ego find it to be the perfect excuse to resist...

Well my motto is that resistance always has a message and should never be steamrolled.

So perhaps your resistance has reasons behind it, and it is crucial to listen to that resistance carefully and find out what they are. Using art or words to try to capture, as carefully and accurately as possible, what it's like to feel that way, can be a wonderful way of discovering and honoring this message. Usually the message is about something you feel or want but are not admitting to yourself.

Now as far as Jesus goes -- it's unpleasant from the seeker's perspective, but the enlightened mind does not see it that way. It does not process suffering in the same way. It does not identify with its pain, so that pain cannot wound it except extremely superficially. Even if Jesus wept and screamed on the outside, his deep inner calm was untouched. And even his pain could have been experienced as a beautiful color in the experiential painting.

All experience must necessarily appear to be suffering, basically, even pleasure -- it's all a departure from the state of unmarked, untouched, perfect peace which is non-experience. But while it appears to be that, it cannot actually depart that state.

Suffering simply isn't real. That doesn't mean even the enlightened won't continue to avoid it -- that goes with their human programming. But it means that at some level they retain their happiness, no matter the circumstance.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

33 minutes ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight Do you know of the Ten Ox-Herding Pictures? Which stage do you find yourself to be? 

I know of them. That's from Zen. I don't really think in those terms. There's either self-realization or not, and that's it (and actually there's only self-realization!).

@winterknight  Lets say your body mind dies in an accident next day. What happens then? Would another body mind appear in the Self that you are? Would that body mind be able to talk about the Self the way your body mind is on this thread? Would that body mind again has to go through years of self-inquiry to realize its the Self? 

8 minutes ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight  Lets say your body mind dies in an accident next day. What happens then? Would another body mind appear in the Self that you are? Would that body mind be able to talk about the Self the way your body mind is on this thread? Would that body mind again has to go through years of self-inquiry to realize its the Self? 

No. Enlightenment is the realization that there is no body-mind, no ignorance, and no realization. Because it appears there is to you, I speak to you in that language, but in fact there is no such thing.

@winterknight Sorry I am going to ask again what exactly you mean by "there is no body-mind" .  Let me know if the following understanding is somewhat correct regarding this statement: from the vantage point of the Self, there is no body-mind. From the vantage point of body-minds, there are other body-minds. The point of view of the Self is the absolute view and technically the only valid one because the Self is only true subject in all body-minds ..and in that sense it is accurate to say there is no body-mind. 

I ask this for the following reason. I saw the same thing said in all traditions. That after the enlightenment, there is a process of letting it realign the body-mind with the Truth. Adyashanti talks about it in his book "end of your world" where he mentions how in the years following his enlightenment he was still in the process of realigning all parts of his body-mind with the Truth. He still had karmic tendencies giving room for the ego to re-emerge, though not fully. What do you make of it?

9 minutes ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight Sorry I am going to ask again what exactly you mean by "there is no body-mind" .  Let me know if the following understanding is somewhat correct regarding this statement: from the vantage point of the Self, there is no body-mind. From the vantage point of body-minds, there are other body-minds. The point of view of the Self is the absolute view and technically the only valid one because the Self is only true subject in all body-minds ..and in that sense it is accurate to say there is no body-mind. 

Sort of. It's not quite right to say the self is the "only true subject in all body-minds" when you've said that "from the vantage point of the Self, there is no body-mind"!

You cannot understand this intellectually. It is only comprehensible through direct experience.

I ask this for the following reason. I saw the same thing said in all traditions. That after the enlightenment, there is a process of letting it realign the body-mind with the Truth. Adyashanti talks about it in his book "end of your world" where he mentions how in the years following his enlightenment he was still in the process of realigning all parts of his body-mind with the Truth. He still had karmic tendencies giving room for the ego to re-emerge, though not fully. What do you make of it?

You can talk this way but it is only an approximate truth.

Edited by winterknight

For those who are very curious about Post-Enlightenment living experience. Take it as you may..

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

What if Enlightenment is just illusion that we inflict on our self and real truth is way more complex then you think your have realized. 

@winterknight

I feel like the ego maybe playing a trick?

I recently stumbled upon the no free will concept and my ego seems to have taken a liking to it , to use in tough moments and also then it seems sneakily to be using it to allow egoic.desires or cravings.

Like wanting to drink pepsi when i have made an effort to quit my craving for it and eat and be healthy

So when I somehow end up drinking it again (lol), it's due to my ego's answer when i have a moment of thought prior to drinking it. About reminding myself i would not drink it   and then next thought about free will.comes and says relax, you are not in control, let whatever happens happen, it is ultimately all just appearing to you.

At this point the ego jumps in and says, see no worries, relax, lets drink that Pepsi, you know you are just aware of it. It's the body mind thats drinking etc...

So how do.i. overcome this impass of the no free will which seems to be stepping in for me for the wrong egoic needs and justifications.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny