winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

even if it turns out to be that my true desire is chasing girl and having sex?

Yes, if you are honest about it. "This is what I really want and so this is what I am going to do." -- that is the right attitude

Not: "Oh, I really want enlightenment but somehow I just end up chasing girls instead..."

Anyway you can do both if you want. Chase girls & self-inquire while you are doing it.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight How did you deal with the past traumas, fear, and physical pain, on your path inward towards liberation?  

What methods, if any, did you employ in allowing the shadow, or the subconscious, up into conscious awareness?

Have you any experience with chanelling or are you interested in exploring that function?  If so I'd really enjoy having a conversation with you.

We are witnessing a great social upheaval, not only in America but globally.  We are witnessing the unveiling of our own shadow, our own past, on the world stage, as a nation, and as humanity as a whole.  We are seeing mass extinction events that are man made, we are seeing climate events that are man made.  The media is not covering the ongoing arms race between Russia, China, and the US.  Warfare is continually being perfected, we have now created weapons that can operate autonomously without human intervention, but by programmed protocol.  Not to debate free will, but is the will truly as such that we would destroy ourselves if we so chose?  As what we truly are, does the apparent choice even matter?  

Thank you for returning home, I hope to join you soon.  <3

Grace

6 minutes ago, MiracleMan said:

@winterknight How did you deal with the past traumas, fear, and physical pain, on your path inward towards liberation?  

What methods, if any, did you employ in allowing the shadow, or the subconscious, up into conscious awareness?

I used a combination of things: mainly psychoanalytic/psychodynamic therapy, expressive writing where I tried to capture my emotions as originally and accurately as I could, and trying out different things in the world and reflecting how I felt about them -- all so that I could become more and more honest about what I really wanted. That is what facing the shadow is really all about.

Have you any experience with chanelling or are you interested in exploring that function?  If so I'd really enjoy having a conversation with you.

What kind of channeling?

We are witnessing a great social upheaval, not only in America but globally.  We are witnessing the unveiling of our own shadow, our own past, on the world stage, as a nation, and as humanity as a whole.  We are seeing mass extinction events that are man made, we are seeing climate events that are man made.  The media is not covering the ongoing arms race between Russia, China, and the US.  Warfare is continually being perfected, we have now created weapons that can operate autonomously without human intervention, but by programmed protocol.  Not to debate free will, but is the will truly as such that we would destroy ourselves if we so chose?  As what we truly are, does the apparent choice even matter?  

When we find out who we really are, that is the best contribution we can make to solving these other problems.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight

Have a question from abroad...

They say we’re all one and the same. How can we not be mad at or punish, say a rapist? Sure, he has the same life/creator/God/soul inside him as me. But his psychological structure is different, causing him to harm other beings.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

13 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight

Have a question from abroad...

They say we’re all one and the same. How can we not be mad at or punish, say a rapist? Sure, he has the same life/creator/God/soul inside him as me. But his psychological structure is different, causing him to harm other beings.

There is nothing wrong with being angry, though you should realize that the rapist is a rapist because of a complex background of his own... when you understand that background, you become less angry.

In truth, when we are one and the same there is no rapist and no punishment either. When the mind is totally quiet these things disappear.

But when we are talking about the world of rapists & punishments, then yes, there must be justice, not exactly punishment. There can be negative consequences to make sure the rapist does not hurt others, for example, and that society feels that this behavior has been condemned. Still, we should try to act compassionately and attempt to rehabilitate criminals if at all possible, and even if they cannot be rehabilitated, they must be treated humanely even in prison.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight thank you

Follow up question:

So if someone gets away with rape, after causing much trauma to another human, and there is no day of judgement/hell to fall back on either, how does the victim find peace? Yes, perhaps time heals all wounds, but overall, there seems to be no justice/condemnation in a case like that.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

In other words: they believe that Consciousness does not end after the body disintegrates. Geesh, you guys like playing around with words, don't you.

I simply do. If you don't: too bad for you. I can't show/prove to you how I know it.

You have awakened and are now enlightened to the endless conceptual 'truth' beliefs of self anointed 'enlightened masters' who point a finger at other's ideas and chastise them as 'beliefs'. Hehe

Edited by SOUL

20 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight thank you

Follow up question:

So if someone gets away with rape, after causing much trauma to another human, and there is no day of judgement/hell to fall back on either, how does the victim find peace? Yes, perhaps time heals all wounds, but overall, there seems to be no justice/condemnation in a case like that.

The unenlightened are all victims this way -- the whole world is a continuous series of injustices.

The only way to peace is to find one's true nature.

@winterknight  Here is a link to an example, Paul Selig, but I don't think is representative of the whole spectrum.  I find it so fascinating, in a way, it feels authentic, but I could never know for sure haha.

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

@winterknight Dang I missed your reply.

I asked:

On the 3rd day of a meditation retreat, I was doing the surrendering/do nothing/letting go technique. I was struggling to completely let go. Then in all of a sudden i kind of stepped out of language and realized that the present moment is prior to meaning in language. It was like i escaped the matrix. I realized that reality is prior to morals, values and meaning. I still felt like there was an observer tho and i didn't get an egodeath like i have had on LSD. Later that day I red a book called 'God is Nothingness', it talked about non-duality and nothingness. Its description of non-duality seemed to fit with what i realized. It said that there is this thing called nothingness which is beyond non-duality it blew my mind.

Now, my question is:
I know how to get to back to that place of pure beeing. Is that what i should do to realize nothingness and reach enlightenment?

and you answered:

On 2018-11-09 at 9:31 PM, winterknight said:

How would you intend to get back to that place?

My answer to that is: By doing the same meditation techniqe in the same way, the do nothing/letting go/surrender technique. I know how not to get stuck in the trap of trying to get a state back. What i got was not a state, but pure being. I've climbed the mountain once, I now know the path, and I'm certain I can do it again.

I've just gotten in to self inquiry with the new goal of reaching enlightenment and I dont think i quite understand what self inquiry is about. Is the non-dual being that i experienced an important part of the self inquiry prossess? How does self inquiry and non-dual being relate to eachother? Or do I even need self inquiry if the do nothing technique works so well for me?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@winterknight why nature seems unfair? Black and white thinking like 'if you do good, good things will happen to you" seems not to be working?

Edited by Annoynymous

11 hours ago, MiracleMan said:

@winterknight  Here is a link to an example, Paul Selig, but I don't think is representative of the whole spectrum.  I find it so fascinating, in a way, it feels authentic, but I could never know for sure haha.

Oh gotcha. Yes, this is not one of my interests, but thanks for the info.

11 hours ago, martins name said:

@winterknight Dang I missed your reply.

I asked:

and you answered:

My answer to that is: By doing the same meditation techniqe in the same way, the do nothing/letting go/surrender technique. I know how not to get stuck in the trap of trying to get a state back. What i got was not a state, but pure being. I've climbed the mountain once, I now know the path, and I'm certain I can do it again.

I've just gotten in to self inquiry with the new goal of reaching enlightenment and I dont think i quite understand what self inquiry is about. Is the non-dual being that i experienced an important part of the self inquiry prossess? How does self inquiry and non-dual being relate to eachother? Or do I even need self inquiry if the do nothing technique works so well for me?

No, if the do nothing technique works for you, that's all you need. Self-inquiry also leads you to the state of pure being.

11 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight why nature seems unfair? Black and white thinking like 'if you do good, good things will happen to you" seems not to be working?

Black and white thinking doesn't work, that's why. Life is far more complex than that. Nature may be fair but in ways that you cannot understand immediately.

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Black and white thinking doesn't work, that's why. Life is far more complex than that. Nature may be fair but in ways that you cannot understand immediately.

@winterknight so at the time when i can not understand, what can i do to manage myself in terms of emotion? And they are pretty deep shit. I am talking about when people cheats you betrays you do something wrong to you.

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

No, if the do nothing technique works for you, that's all you need. Self-inquiry also leads you to the state of pure being.

@winterknight Am I right in saying that enlightenment is about this  nothingness that I don't think I've been aware of yet, rather than non-dual being? If it's true, how do I then go from non-dual being to nothingness? Do I just bask in the non-dual being until the shift just happens? Just like it happened when I went from dual to non-dual.

I see this as a first and second layer of the matrix. 

@winterknight I think there was still an I during this experience of non-dual being if I remember correctly. I simply wasn't concerned with enlightenment and the ego back then so I  wasn't checking.

• How long have you been on the path?
  • Was your path frustrating and confusing?
  • How old were you when you became enlighted?
  • How did it happen exactly? During self-inquiry? During a deep meditative state?
  • Do you find yourself falling back into old habits of identifying with your old self? Or is that not possible anymore?
  • Would you say authenticity was the most important factor for your awakening? If not, what was?

Sorry if some questions are duplicates, and thank you kindly for doing this.

6 hours ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight so at the time when i can not understand, what can i do to manage myself in terms of emotion? And they are pretty deep shit. I am talking about when people cheats you betrays you do something wrong to you.

What do you think spirituality is all about? It's liberation from this kind of pain.

Self-inquire. Who is experiencing this pain? That is the ultimate solution.

But in addition:

a) write, draw, or otherwise artistically represent your feelings in as much detail as you possibly can. do not stop till you feel like you have captured how you are feeling exactly

b) try, with the above, to understand what exactly you want to do about the situation... maybe you want to take some action. try that

c) as I always say, get therapy

6 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Hi @winterknight ,

I'm not sure if that question or problematic has already been asked and answered but the thread is now very long- so forgive me if its going to be a duplicate.

Most of the Teachings are pointing on how much suffering the human mind is creating for itself. Which I totally agree. Yet, even though I recognize I am talking again from a suffering perspective- because I am not in a situation of terrible physical pain-  I am terribly angry at the fact that physical pain can be a terrible experience or/and that excessively unpleasing experiences can arise.

I'm talkiing here about war atrocities, diseases... or just random experiences people had for sure before dying in very unappealing situation (drowning, plane crash, cruxifiction, psychopathic murders...) just to throw a few.

Please enlighten me with your wisdom. :x

Yes, first understand your true nature through Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry, and then you will be in the best position to understand how to help with the problem of physical pain. It turns out that physical pain cannot affect your true inner peace. 

The enlightened may yell and shout and scream just like anyone else when in pain, but their inner experience is different. In truth, they are untouched, because they know who they really are.

The world seems terribly unjust. When you understand your true nature, you will find out that all this pain and suffering and injustice is only an appearance. Your true nature cannot be affected by it.

And if you do want to help the world, there is no better way than by finding your own peace -- then your mind will be in the best position to help the world find it.

6 hours ago, martins name said:

@winterknight Am I right in saying that enlightenment is about this  nothingness that I don't think I've been aware of yet, rather than non-dual being? If it's true, how do I then go from non-dual being to nothingness? Do I just bask in the non-dual being until the shift just happens? Just like it happened when I went from dual to non-dual.

I see this as a first and second layer of the matrix. 

There's only one layer of the matrix. Don't confuse yourself with distinctions between so-called "nothingness" and "non-duality."

The question is simple: are you in a state of clear, calm, peace even with your eyes open and you go about your life? If so, then stay there, whatever you want to call it. And if you leave that, come back to it. That's it. That actually is your true nature right there.

Some day you will stop leaving that -- at that moment you will understand you actually never left it and never could leave it.

5 hours ago, martins name said:

@winterknight I think there was still an I during this experience of non-dual being if I remember correctly. I simply wasn't concerned with enlightenment and the ego back then so I  wasn't checking.

As above. If you feel dissatisfied in any way ("Is there still an I?") then that is not peace. Continue the "doing nothing" or else the self-inquiry till you get to that vast, spacious peace that can be maintained with open eyes. Then don't bother to leave.

5 hours ago, Isaac Ben said:
  • How long have you been on the path?
  • Was your path frustrating and confusing?
  • How old were you when you became enlighted?
  • How did it happen exactly? During self-inquiry? During a deep meditative state?
  • Do you find yourself falling back into old habits of identifying with your old self? Or is that not possible anymore?
  • Would you say authenticity was the most important factor for your awakening? If not, what was?

Sorry if some questions are duplicates, and thank you kindly for doing this.

1. This is a misleading question and it'll be a misleading answer, but: 20 years that I was on the path. There is no longer a path.

2. Yes, it seemed that way.

3. Another misleading question. There is no "becoming" enlightened because we are all already that. The mind stopped searching, you could say, last year, after those 20 years.

4. After months of intense self-inquiry, and before that, decades of spiritual and psychological work on myself.

5. It is not possible.

6. Aligning myself with my true desire. Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry.

31 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The mind stopped searching, you could say, last year, after those 20 years.

Is the mind curious? Does it explore and learn new things in a relative world? 

38 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Is the mind curious? Does it explore and learn new things in a relative world? 

Sure, it does, if you accept the existence of the mind, which I admit for the sake of seekers. But the mind doesn’t really exist.