winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight is karma just cause and effect? I see cause and effect being like the clockwork of Maya. Seems to propel evolution. Not sure what we are evolving into, or why, or if it even matters. Wait... I can't evolve, can I? There is no I. And no Maya... But there seems to be a really cool movie on about it, and somehow it seems that I'm tuning in. (sorry for rambling, it's so exciting to have someone to talk to that has promised to answer all my silly questions?.... I promise not to take too much advantage of it? ??? you know the drill: please point out my errors) 

Yes, karma is cause and effect, though it may go beyond physics.

Traditionally, karma goes way beyond physical cause and effect and is about divine cause and effect. For example, acting immorally might be a cause of someone being reborn as an insect in their next life. 

But you said it yourself correctly: "there is no I. and no maya..." (and thus no karma).

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

What practice did you exactly do and how long i took you for liberation to happen?

16 hours ago, Emanyalpsid said:

But if you truly believe consciousness is not created by the brain, why not take it to the test and shoot a bullet through your brain to proof it. Guess you're not gonna huh?

One could argue that everything is consciousness, and that the brain is a conscious perception, which influences other perceptions (just the rules of a 'dream'). In this situation, consciousness does not arise from the brain, it just appears as if it does. What happens after you shoot? Who knows? Secondly, why would someone choose to damage their brain, if the rules of the dream show that it will cause undesirable outcomes?

Although I don't necessarily buy this line of thinking, it is easily argued. 

17 minutes ago, StephenK said:

One could argue that everything is consciousness, and that the brain is a conscious perception, which influences other perceptions (just the rules of a 'dream'). In this situation, consciousness does not arise from the brain, it just appears as if it does. What happens after you shoot? Who knows? Secondly, why would someone choose to damage their brain, if the rules of the dream show that it will cause undesirable outcomes?

Although I don't necessarily buy this line of thinking, it is easily argued. 

One could argue anything they want as long as they believe in a truth. That's exactly my point. 

Arguing is the method of the ego in finding the truth in which it believes. What if the truth does not exist?

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Buddhism don't think that Consciousness is created by the brain.

They don't ignore what they perceive through the senses.

Thinking that Consciousness is created by the brain is obviously materialism. With all what follows from it, including eternal total death after the body dies.

Now and that would be a shame wouldn't it? Now that we have convinced ourselves that this is not the case? We would lose every 'afterlife' we convinced ourselves we have. Let's not go there.. ;)

Edited by Emanyalpsid

8 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

What if the truth does not exist?

Is that not an objective truth then?

Anyway, I don't have any answers to these questions myself, so I'm all ears.

Who or what is the you, you are referring to, that is enlightend ? And if enlightenment can not be attained how can you be enlightend ? 

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

I know Consciousness is eternal, and it's not wishful thinking.

Eternal means ''Ever-present''.

Not something that lasts in 'time' forever. That is called ever-lasting.

Eternal is not in time. The idea of time (past, present, future) is happening in eternity(now)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Mikael89 said:

Yes I guess I knew that. Not sure why you are telling me that.

14 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Buddhists believe in afterlife. (Eternal Consciousness.)

I think I forgot to quote your entire post.

Eternal and afterlife cannot be equated. That which is eternal can't have an afterlife or a previous life. Those things are in time

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

13 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Buddhists believe in afterlife. (Eternal Consciousness.)

Buddhists don't believe in anything, they see that as long as there are humans, the self is reborn again. They don't refer to you being reborn, they refer to the self being reborn.

13 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And how do you know this?

If someone is a father and has not reached Nirvana, end of the cycle of rebirth/ transcended the self, he will have a karmic (cause-effect) imprint on his son or daughter which leads to growth of the self in his daughter or son.

12 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

In other words: they believe that Consciousness does not end after the body disintegrates. Geesh, you guys like playing around with words, don't you.

Yeah well it's not going to be your consciousness. It is the consciousness of the universe looking at itself. 

However, if some big meteor would crash into our planet and wipe the planet and all the living creatures from existence, all of our consciousness will be wiped out.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

6 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

And what if one does not have a child?

Well if you talk to other people and they are influenced by your words and actions, you will have an effect on their self. However if your words and actions are 'right,' meaning aimed at self-dissolving, this has the effect of dissolving the self in them.

However you don't really know what these right words and actions are until you dissolved the self in yourself. That's why they say that if you reached Nirvana you end the cycle of rebirth.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

But if you are on the right path to dissolve the self, your actions and words are right all along the way. But you won't know this until you reached Nirvana. 

Karma is nothing else then cause and effect.

If there is a cause, there is an effect, if there is an effect there is a cause and effect and a cause and effect...

Hence, rebirth

But in the end you will see that cause and effect are just a duality.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

5 hours ago, Blissout said:

What practice did you exactly do and how long i took you for liberation to happen?

I followed the guidelines here and did Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry. The truth is liberation does not really "happen" in the way that seekers think it does, but that said, I practiced for 20 years.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

So karma, including that insect thing exists as a illusion for unenlightened people?

How could a insect suffer from being a insect when it isn't self conscious? (self with lowercase s.) So it doesn't have a ego. It doesn't have a brain, so it doesn't even feel sensation of pain, it doesn't have sense of time, and so on. So how would it be a punishment to be a insect?

I seriously think being a human is the worst thing you can be. We suffer from negative emotions. Failed goals. Beliefs. Relationship problems (emotional torture). Abuse, murder and bullying by our own specie. Responsibility. Moral. Ethics. Mental illnesses and problems. Thoughts. A billion other problems which animals don't have. And last but not least: suffering every day from wanting to know the Truth about All, but never getting to know anything about the deepest existensial questions.

Animals don't have any of the problems mentioned above. They don't sit on a fucking smartphone like I do and whine in a internet forum about a problem which shouldn't even exist. Or I don't understand why it exists. 

Soo.. I'm jealous (see, yet another negative emotion which aninals don't have, aaarggh.) at insects and other animals. "Ignorance is bliss."

Illusions and karma don't exist for the enlightened.

Insects can feel pain and do have egos. Their experience is much darker and duller than humans -- that is the suffering involved. Think of how dull and out of control you are in a nightmare...

Humans want to know truth and that is their opportunity to liberate themselves, which is a huge advantage.

But I don't really know how karma works, because in truth karma cannot be said to exist. That is only said for seekers. As I said, for the enlightened, there is no karma. 

2 hours ago, Alexander777 said:

Who or what is the you, you are referring to, that is enlightend ? And if enlightenment can not be attained how can you be enlightend ? 

That enlightened "I" is the stillness beyond time and space, beyond all dualities, that light which knows itself by itself at all times, and for which enlightenment is not "attained" but is its unchanging nature.

But the reality is this question cannot be answered in words. You will have to see for yourself by asking "who wants to know the answer to these questions?"

8 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yes.

even if it turns out to be that my true desire is chasing girl and having sex?