winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

@winterknight this is defintely an egoic fear based question. but i hope you can nudge me out of this particular trap

this guy came on dr. phill show and here's what the summary of it reads: 

A man says that he has found ultimate enlightenment. Find out why his wife says he's "more of a walking hypocrite."

essentially he feels that he is enlightened... but that's causing all sorts of trouble in his family (which i presume might still happen if he was enlightened for real) 

he's ignoring the wife, kids... just going about his way... feeling he is guided by the source etc

seems like he's got a case of just having reading up too much about non-duality and has an egoic enlightenment trap...

i ask you this. provided one gets actually enligthened/awakened... though their instant behaviour/mannerism might be different and will raise questions / issues espescially living in a joint family with parents/wife

will the infinite love take over and truly make it allright in that REAL case vs this case of mistaken egoic enlightenment?

the video:

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@winterknight What do you advise as a best way to talk with materialists when dealing with spiritual topics such as consciousness and awakening which most of these people consider woo woo nonsense?

Hey there, @winterknight!

Thank you for your intention to answer our questions. So, here is some of mine:

1. Can you describe what is Karma and it's function in the comprehensive way?

2. Do I understand correctly that even the Absolute Self does not always know what awaits it around the corner?

3. Is the same principle behind the creation of the sculpture of David and the human being? This is not David, but symbols, in combination of which you can see the image of David?

4. What is the mind? What do thoughts think? What kind of principle allows you to recognize symbols and interpret them?

5. Can life hint to me what is most important to me now with the help of situations, coincidences and suffering?

6. How old are you? What personality type, character do you have? What qualities do you think allowed you to achieve enlightenment?

7. What will happens to you if you use 5-meo-dmt?

8. How do you perceive sex after enlightenment? What could be his spiritual purpose?

9. Do you feel yoursef sometimes sad, depressed, tired, confused?

10. When I think about the obstacles that prevent me from achieving the desired, for example, financial independence, it seems to me that the matter is in my Ego. What can stop you from attaining what you want when you are enlightened?

Edited by Ar_Senses

1 hour ago, Annoynymous said:

@winterknight there are certain areas in my life, i don't feel like doing a thing. But at first when i chose to do it, i was happy. in fact i feel irritation now doing those thing. I find myself in a position where i can't stop doing those things and it brings misery and sufferings. What is your suggestion?

Get therapy. PM me if you want help finding a therapist.

51 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@winterknight this is defintely an egoic fear based question. but i hope you can nudge me out of this particular trap

will the infinite love take over and truly make it allright in that REAL case vs this case of mistaken egoic enlightenment?

Yes, it will. If you seek sincerely, infinite love will protect you. But you must not judge HOW it chooses to protect you. You must surrender to it and accept that its wisdom is greater than yours.

6 minutes ago, DecemberFlower said:

@winterknight What do you advise as a best way to talk with materialists when dealing with spiritual topics such as consciousness and awakening which most of these people consider woo woo nonsense?

Don't. It's almost always a waste of time. Spend that effort on your own awakening first -- that is the most persuasive possible thing. 

2 minutes ago, Ar_Senses said:

Hey there, @winterknight!

Thank you for your intention to answer our questions. So, here is some of mine:

1. Can you describe what is Karma and it's function in the comprehensive way?

2. Do I understand correctly that even the Absolute Self does not always know what awaits it around the corner?

3. Is the same principle behind the creation of the sculpture of David and the human being? This is not David, but symbols, in combination of which you can see the image of David?

4. What is the mind? What do thoughts think? What kind of principle allows you to recognize symbols and interpret them?

5. Can life hint to me what is most important to me now with the help of situations, coincidences and suffering?

6. How old are you? What personality type, character do you have? What qualities do you think allowed you to achieve enlightenment?

7. What will happens to you if you use 5-meo-dmt?

8. How do you perceive sex after enlightenment? What could be his spiritual purpose?

9. Do you feel yoursef sometimes sad, depressed, tired, confused?

10. When I think about the obstacles that prevent me from achieving the desired, for example, financial independence, it seems to me that the matter is in my Ego. What can stop you from attaining what you want when you are enlightened?

1. Karma just means the results of your prior actions. Technically it is an illusion, so it cannot be fully described.

2. The Absolute Self doesn't "know" in the normal way at all.

3. I don't understand. David is an image of a human being. What would a human being be an image of?

4. Mind is thought. Thoughts are vibrations in consciousness. If you want a detailed system, start reading Patanjali's yoga sutras and commentary.

5. Yes.

6. I don't want to talk about my personal path much.

7. You'll get an exciting cosmic consciousness experience. But it's not enlightenment.

8. It's still fun, but you are not as controlled by it. The spiritual purpose of sex is to turn you inward -- the joy you find there is actually your Self.

9. The mind does, but I do not identify with the mind.

10. When you are enlightened, you do not identify yourself with your wants. Things happen as they happen, and you are happy.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

8 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, it will. If you seek sincerely, infinite love will protect you. But you must not judge HOW it chooses to protect you. You must surrender to it and accept that its wisdom is greater than yours.

hmmm

so then even if that infinite love unfolding equals (i am stretching it here) me leaving my job/family and not listening to them and just pursuing something else outta nowhere? 

wont i just be another ego that thinks it is enlightened?

i suppose there is a knowing which will be there if it's real - and one would be noticed to emit compassion (unlike the case in the dr. phill video)

and as you said, surrender must be done... so that should apply irrespective of the contents of the unfolding...

hmmm. thank you. @winterknight

Love Is The Answer

1 minute ago, SoonHei said:

hmmm

so then even if that infinite love unfolding equals (i am stretching it here) me leaving my job/family and not listening to them and just pursuing something else outta nowhere? 

wont i just be another ego that thinks it is enlightened?

i suppose there is a knowing which will be there if it's real - and one would be noticed to emit compassion (unlike the case in the dr. phill video)

and as you said, surrender must be done... so that should apply irrespective of the contents of the unfolding...

hmmm. thank you. @winterknight

Look, people with mental instability act in unstable ways -- they should not blame the spiritual search. They would have done something just like that no matter what.

That said, if you are afraid of that -- do what is called karma yoga. Do all your family and other duties, expecting no reward for it. Do it as duty alone. You can pursue self-inquiry even while you do all these activities. There is no need to leave or go anywhere.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight thank you for that :)

oh, i largely recognize and live by this understanding... that going to live in a cave etc is not required :) 

just was asking after seeing that video... that once the REALITY takes over the body, what then transpires would be "beyond my control"

but then again, even this now is really beyond "my" control :) 

Love Is The Answer

What's the relationship between the body-mind and the Self?

Many describe enlightement as childelike state of being etc. What would you say is the difference between an elightened person and a child beside all the information that you gathered ?

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

3. (Question) Is the same principle behind the creation of the sculpture of David and the human being? This is not David, but symbols, in combination of which you can see the image of David?

3. (Answer) I don't understand. David is an image of a human being. What would a human being be an image of?

7. (Q) What will happens to you if you use 5-meo-dmt?

7. (A) You'll get an exciting cosmic consciousness experience. But it's not enlightenment.

9. (Q) Do you feel yoursef sometimes sad, depressed, tired, confused?

9. (A) The mind does, but I do not identify with the mind.

3.2 It's seems for me after some contemplation and psychedelics that human being (and everything else) is nothing but something else. Like poetry, which trying to express something, which can't be articulate. What is Human being from absolute perspective? How can it be reconized from everything else if it's interconnected?

7.2 By you I meant @winterknight, not abstract. What if enlightenment being will expirience while on 5-meo-dmt? How will he went through it? 

9.2 Who doesn't identifying with the mind? With what you identify with than?

Thank you for answering!

Also some another questions occur:

11. What you intrested in after you enlightent? Do you facinated by something special?

12. What is the purpose of art?

13. Does Body/Mind still has any addictions after your awakening?

14. What can help me to positivly motivate myself more to become awaken? Is there anything comprehensive for Ego what can help it (me) to buy into this work deeper and bacome even more determined?

15. What motivates you to do all these thread?

16. Why is there bodhisattvas? I still can't quite get it - why to help anybody who suffering, if suffering and Maya is an illusion?

17. Why your body didn't droped dead after awakening? Do you think you can go deeper into Sahaji Samadhi where everything collapsed into Ultimate Void?

18. Why the Nature of Everything is so self-referencing, fractal? Why people into deep mystical states see all those patterns, why spirals are so common? I mean, do you have any idea about the "style" of archaic nature and why it is like that?

Sorry for so much questions, it's so curios

Edited by Ar_Senses

@winterknight 

Is it necessary to sink mind into Self through the 'who am I' ? Or by following the I-thought to its soruce?  Gary Weber in his book suggests trying out different questions and finding the one that works for you. “Who am I?”, “Where am I?”, “When am I?”, “What is doing this asana?”, “What hears?”, “What feels these sensations?”, etc 

'Who am i' often has a strong intellectual component for me and it distracts away from the work I am doing and i find myself looking at nonduality videos in no time. Sometimes what seems to work for me is going to the '(non)experience of being aware of being aware', as Rupert Spira puts it. Or as i mentioned earlier, 'what is constant in the background' and 'what is this Now' also work sometimes.  These questions do not follow the I-thought as such so i wonder whether the I-though remains in the background and sinking of the mind is a mere illusion. 

3 hours ago, Outer said:

What's the relationship between the body-mind and the Self?

the body-mind is just an appearance, an illusion, within the Self

2 hours ago, wavydude said:

Many describe enlightement as childelike state of being etc. What would you say is the difference between an elightened person and a child beside all the information that you gathered ?

the enlightened person's state is steady and resilient, whereas the child's state is not.

1 hour ago, Ar_Senses said:

3.2 It's seems for me after some contemplation and psychedelics that human being (and everything else) is nothing but something else. Like poetry, which trying to express something, which can't be articulate. What is Human being from absolute perspective? How can it be reconized from everything else if it's interconnected?

7.2 By you I meant @winterknight, not abstract. What if enlightenment being will expirience while on 5-meo-dmt? How will he went through it? 

9.2 Who doesn't identifying with the mind? With what you identify with than?

Thank you for answering!

Also some another questions occur:

11. What you intrested in after you enlightent? Do you facinated by something special?

12. What is the purpose of art?

13. Does Body/Mind still has any addictions after your awakening?

14. What can help me to positivly motivate myself more to become awaken? Is there anything comprehensive for Ego what can help it (me) to buy into this work deeper and bacome even more determined?

15. What motivates you to do all these thread?

16. Why is there bodhisattvas? I still can't quite get it - why to help anybody who suffering, if suffering and Maya is an illusion?

17. Why your body didn't droped dead after awakening? Do you think you can go deeper into Sahaji Samadhi where everything collapsed into Ultimate Void?

18. Why the Nature of Everything is so self-referencing, fractal? Why people into deep mystical states see all those patterns, why spirals are so common? I mean, do you have any idea about the "style" of archaic nature and why it is like that?

Sorry for so much questions, it's so curios

3.2 engage in self-inquiry and the rest of the path and find out for yourself

7.2 get enlightened and discover for yourself

9.2 same

11 same

12 the purpose of art is to answer that question

13 it might

14 start reading. read the Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Vasistha, the Patanjali Yoga Sutras. start educating yourself

15 I don't know; the urge comes

16 when you become a bodhisattva; everyone is automatically saved. no one use trying to understand with the intellect. look into who is asking

17 sahaja samadhi is not dropping off the body. it is there with or without the body. it is your nature

18 I don't know & it's irrelevant to enlightenment

1 hour ago, DecemberFlower said:

@winterknight Are you(you-The Self) conscious in deep(dreamless) sleep?

yes, but one is conscious of nothing

3 minutes ago, 1x0 said:

Hi @winterknight, whats your take on our collective unaware and irresponsible race towards extinction?

we each need to look into our own nature first... that is the best contribution we can make to the collective issues

4 minutes ago, graded24 said:

@winterknight 

Is it necessary to sink mind into Self through the 'who am I' ? Or by following the I-thought to its soruce?  Gary Weber in his book suggests trying out different questions and finding the one that works for you. “Who am I?”, “Where am I?”, “When am I?”, “What is doing this asana?”, “What hears?”, “What feels these sensations?”, etc 

'Who am i' often has a strong intellectual component for me and it distracts away from the work I am doing and i find myself looking at nonduality videos in no time. Sometimes what seems to work for me is going to the '(non)experience of being aware of being aware', as Rupert Spira puts it. Or as i mentioned earlier, 'what is constant in the background' and 'what is this Now' also work sometimes.  These questions do not follow the I-thought as such so i wonder whether the I-though remains in the background and sinking of the mind is a mere illusion. 

sure, you can do whatever resonates with you. after all, you are already enlightened. it's like you're already in Paris and you're asking how to get to Paris.

the key point is that your mind becomes highly concentrated on one thought or activity at all times. any time you have another thought you should be shifting back to that single activity. 

at some point, you will want to know whose mind is highly concentrated like that, and it will all make sense.

Just now, Annoynymous said:

@winterknightwhat is addiction? Why we become addicted?

we are anxious and depend on something to soothe that anxiety. it's like a self-medication.

sometimes there also grows a physical dependency, so that if you don't take it, it causes a lot of withdrawal pain.

@winterknight For some seekers, can low doses of psychoactive substances be used as a tool to bridge the gap between an egoic mindstate and the "I AM"?

@winterknight do you feel irritated while answering so many question? I can feel unease in myself while asking you because it feels like i am asking a lot of questions tirelessly. In fact, i imazing myself as a child who asks stupid questions to adults! Although to me the questions are important....