winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Jack River said:

No matte the case focusing or attending to breath is a movement of thought. Thought directs/works on a part. 

the man who believe he is master of everything is master of nothing ( remixed version )

will try though, always something to learn

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

@Jack RiverActually brought this up to hellspeed sometime before and he wouldn't budge. maybe he doesn't see total awareness to be plausible but i can't see focusing on the breath to be very freeing when life gets in the way...

5 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

The mind has the center in the head. It is the survival control panel to sleep or to transcend. Use it to focus on the breath to transcend or be scared about using it and die, is that simple. 

Your not seeing the point my dude. I don’t resist by focus/control. I’m not sure we are on point with the point. We can die or we can resist death. 

Edited by Jack River

@winterknight

"I could say that there is a little self; I could say that there isn't. I could say that there appears to be but in reality there isn't. In the end, words just can't express truth that well. I think that's the key point. That all the concepts are themselves within the realm of illusion. All the concepts -- and thus all names -- and thus all objects."

This is classic framing of nonduality in advaita isn't it?  I'm not a expert on any traditions.  And for a period of time this framing of truth aligned with my understanding and awakening at that point, however something shifted and if one could say more emerged/was realized however I really do get why it seems absurd from the stand point of what your saying.  Concepts, illusions, objects in the perception of Self, is actually not encompassing the recognition that so called object, illusion, ego, self, perception, creation, matter, thoughts, feelings are themselves Self/God/Infinity.  There is no such thing as not Self.  There is no such thing as illusion in the most used and accepted definitions of the word.  If Self is all, Illusion is included and it really shifts the life experience.  This is not to say this shift/understanding is real awakening, or more encompassing since Self is always Self, its just less rejection of Self maybe, but even that sounds funny.

1 minute ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack RiverActually brought this up to hellspeed sometime before and he wouldn't budge. maybe he doesn't see total awareness to be plausible but i can't see focusing on the breath to be very freeing when life gets in the way...

Fosho. I would see that as a defensive mechanism that brings about a sense of relief. I feel ya brah. 

8 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

The total awareness comes after conquering the breath in the attention, is a direct link, no clue what you are tangled in. There is no full awareness outside the breath, only bits and pieces. 

The reason being is that the breath is inside and outside at the same time. So Breath/Prana is everywhere is tapped into the whole, in and out. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Disorder or nonbalance seems to come in when we put more emphasis on one part of experience/sensation or whatever. My point is simply awareness is holistic. 

6 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

The total awareness comes after conquering the breath in the attention,

It can be seen that “conquering the breath” is concentration/control and therefore not awareness or even attention. 

It can also be seen as a reaction/response to control a situation or experience. I already did the whole breath thing and it was a relief fosho. But it’s not powerful like awareness. Awareness is total/holistic. No energy gets wasted in this awareness. Control/effort always wastes energy. 

Edited by Jack River

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

It can be seen that “conquering the breath” is concentration/control and therefore not awareness or even attention. 

No. Is literally living the breath (the famous BEING in the MOMENT) as the main center of your attention and use that center to see into the whole. The mind cannot see into the whole without the breath. I think you are neurotic about control. The mind has to be controlled by the breath, and to do that one has to do it backward/opposite as "the knife cannot cut itself".

Meditation is nothing more than the attention on the breath consciously, do that until you find yourselves completely, there is no other alternative to discovering the truth, not even a DMT trip from the perspective of the mind. 

The mind has to be controlled by the breath, and to do that one has to do it backward/opposite as "the knife cannot cut itself".

:)

15 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

@winterknight

"I could say that there is a little self; I could say that there isn't. I could say that there appears to be but in reality there isn't. In the end, words just can't express truth that well. I think that's the key point. That all the concepts are themselves within the realm of illusion. All the concepts -- and thus all names -- and thus all objects."

This is classic framing of nonduality in advaita isn't it?  I'm not a expert on any traditions.  And for a period of time this framing of truth aligned with my understanding and awakening at that point, however something shifted and if one could say more emerged/was realized however I really do get why it seems absurd from the stand point of what your saying.  Concepts, illusions, objects in the perception of Self, is actually not encompassing the recognition that so called object, illusion, ego, self, perception, creation, matter, thoughts, feelings are themselves Self/God/Infinity.  There is no such thing as not Self.  There is no such thing as illusion in the most used and accepted definitions of the word.  If Self is all, Illusion is included and it really shifts the life experience.  This is not to say this shift/understanding is real awakening, or more encompassing since Self is always Self, its just less rejection of Self maybe, but even that sounds funny.

Keeping in mind that this is just a metaphor, one way it's been put is that ignorance is actually a very special kind of thought: a veiling thought, a thought which covers up. It's the thought of forgetfulness. When consciousness reflects that thought, you get the idea of an "ignorant" mind. When that veiling thought disappears, you get the thought of an "awakened" mind. But both are simply images in the projector of consciousness.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

7 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Meditation is nothing more than the attention on the breath consciously, do that until you find yourselves completely, there is no other alternative to discovering the truth, not even a DMT trip from the perspective of the mind. 

Meditation is to end control/ as the controller. To stop moving positively or negatively. Mediation is awareness and is choicless. Meditation is the absence of premeditation. Truth is not fixed and is not come to by any means. The means projects its end. The means will then be fixed and so will the end/gaol/ “truth” 

Edited by Jack River

Meditation is to end control/ as the controller. To stop moving positively or negatively. Mediation is awareness and is choicless. Meditation is the absence of premeditation. 

Meditation is simply attention on breath above any thought and feeling, period! 

6 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Keeping in mind that this is just a metaphor, one way it's been put is that ignorance is actually a very special kind of thought: a veiling thought, a thought which covers up. It's the thought of forgetfulness. When consciousness reflects that thought, you get the idea of an "ignorant" mind. When that veiling thought disappears, you get the thought of an "awakened" mind. But both are simply images in the projector of consciousness.

Yes, I would agree, and I would also add out of respect for Self, that the forgetfull thought, the ignorant mind are themselves Self.  For what ever reason Self likes to play hide and seek with itself.  To often in traditions something always gets demonized and then this demonization is adopted within those who follow said tradition.  Perhaps in the end it creates more awakening then total suffering, wish I could see the grand eye view of everything in action at once simultaneously, but alas, your life, my life is just one lens of the infinite happening.  Keep up the good work.

Edited by Mu_

Meditation is simply attention on breath above any thought and feeling, period! 

According to tradition yes. That is concentrated attention/control. That is a reaction of mind/self. I did that to already. It is temporary and must be routinely applied. This strengthens “self”. Caused a lot of conflict. There would be times of relief and times of severe conflict. 

Edited by Jack River

Up and down effect like a person who is addicted to caffeine, nicotine, or whatever.  

According to tradition yes. That is concentrated attention. That is a reciting of mind. I did that to already. It is temporary and must be routinely applied. This strengthens “self”. Caused a lot of conflict. 

And to awaken one has to discover the 6 & 9 Fibonacci spirals in the body if you know what I mean, they are physical, don't ask me, ask your breath or follow the fancy mind of yours. :ph34r:

But  if you came from conflict, how can you now be free of it?

Or those that came from no conflict, what is becoming of them, according to self?

There must be another category or more, besides these two.