winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Ultimately whether there is division or not in this world is in a way irrelevant; that's all merely a superficial appearance... the eternal peace and unity is what really matters.

It seems these are actually directly related. Can you make what your saying simply clear my dude?

Edited by Jack River

The fact is division. It seems the escape from this fact is a reaction of that divison. Any movement away from what is the case seems to be the result of lack of unity/peace. 

@winterknight How to  heal ourself from past emotional trauma? How to be always protected from heartbreaks, negetive emotions,  anxiet,  depression? How to live life according to one's true motivation regardless of fear? How to overcome fear?  

11 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@Jack Riverin other words, to see that suffering is not actually a choice? 

Suffering seems to be a choice of the false chooser who’s choices are influenced by an incoherent understanding/awareness that such choices are always dividing/fragmentating/and lead towards conflict/illusion/suffering. 

Our conditioning kinda implies that as the self is in continuity it is not free to choose free of its own conditioning. Like a computer that is programmed to operate a certain way. 

Edited by Jack River

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

The truth is that the entire way of looking at things in terms of the person I would have referred to myself as in the past is wrong. It's so wrong it cannot even be spoken about in a coherent way. I can neither say yes nor no to your question, really. It's something you will only fully understand if you walk the path.

Just like an unenlightened person identified with the body cannot imagine how he could be the Self, similarly right now you just can't even imagine how you could be anything other than the Self, it just doesn't make any sense anymore, is that it? :) 

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

13 minutes ago, Annoynymous said:

How to  heal ourself from past emotional trauma? How to be always protected from heartbreaks, negetive emotions,  anxiet,  depression? How to live life according to one's true motivation regardless of fear? How to overcome fear?  

When we ask how to we are looking to knowledge/memory to stop what memory/knowledge has sustained.

This is what causes suffering/conflict. Asking how to end self suffering by looking to answers in thought(asking others or looking for knowledge). It’s the self, being an accumulation of personal knowledge and memory) seeking answers by using that same movement of thought. So when the self seeks a way out by conforming to thought content it is really strengthening its own structure. To see that looking to thought strengthens the psychological me will end that pattern. 

@Mikael89 Does seem like a smooth move, considering that when the enlightenment "option" (or ?) is revealed, nobody is conscious of wtf that is.

Maybe one should do the simple things. Instead of trying to achieve any perfection: which by definition is inconceivable.

17 minutes ago, Jack River said:

When we ask how to we are looking to knowledge/memory to stop what memory/knowledge has sustained.

This is what causes suffering/conflict. Asking how to end self suffering by looking to answers in thought(asking others or looking for knowledge). It’s the self, being an accumulation of personal knowledge and memory) seeking answers by using that same movement of thought. So when the self seeks a way out by conforming to thought content it is really strengthening its own structure. To see that looking to thought strengthens the psychological me will end that pattern. 

Not quite right, knowledge can also be obtained through direct sensory perception. 'How' is just looking for a method ,or cause, and is the right question to ask yourself. By asking yourself how did my thoughts came to be, you will end up by the root cause of your ego.  

However, asking yourself 'why' will force you into reasoning or the meaning of something, this will strenghten the ego as it will create more thoughts and spin a web of thoughts, which is the ego.

5 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Not quite right, knowledge can also be obtained through direct sensory perception. 'How' is just looking for a method ,or cause, and is the right question to ask yourself. By asking yourself how did my thoughts came to be, you will end up by the root cause of your ego.  

However, asking yourself 'why' will force you into reasoning or the meaning of something, this will strenghten the ego as it will create more thoughts and spin a web of thoughts, which is the ego.

So ask how not why 

Great

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Relationships are easier. I'm more able to be open and give more, since I have more myself, and I expect and require less of other people. On the other hand, because I need people less, there is in a way less reason to seek them out.

As far as the human condition, I have no idea what's going to happen. Ultimately whether there is division or not in this world is in a way irrelevant; that's all merely a superficial appearance... the eternal peace and unity is what really matters.

Are people in general more attracted to your presence would you say? 

Division in the world will be necessary until it isn’t?  

@winterknight

@winterknight when getting psychoanalyzed, what is being analyzed?  The mind? The mind of what? The brain of the particular body? Because of how it interprets the thoughts it perceives? 

If there is no I, (as far as the one being identified with/mistaken as thoughts), then what is being analyzed? And for what purpose? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

1 hour ago, Emanyalpsid said:

What I am saying is when looking for a way out of suffering by searching for answers In ideas/concepts or thought we are no matter the case implicitly strengthening self. This action seems to imply that we as self are different from that process of thought and “we” can control by applying thought content to solve a problem that’s exsit separate from “us”. It’s from the start trying to escape the illusion as if the problem is different from the one who wants to escape “it”. So as long as we see that looking for an answer out of a problem strengthens “me” then we will not try. So that is to escape what is the case. Understanding what is really means to embrace the relationship with the problem of what is, as it is, or not looking for an answer but willing to observe the the fact as it is. 

About the direct perception I agree. But this is a seeing that is not limited to that lens of self. Its actually what faceless and robdl would talk about a lot. A seeing all supposedly different and distinct thoughts/actions/reactions as actually one movement in motion. Through this direct perception that is at its essence not of the response of thought there is an ability to see the whole of thought/self. As where usually thought only can see a small part of thought and chops away at those parts. This for example is limited to seeing through the concept. 

Make sense? 

Edited by Jack River

So really the spirit of the investigation/enquiry makes all the difference. We’re not looking for an answer but to understand the problem. Takes true humility/honesty though otherwise thought/self is still feeding on its self. This is what they meant by not moving within the field of time. This compulsion to look for answers in thought is known as psychological time actually. self looks for security in thought. Or self trying to apply thought to bring about psychological security. Which can never do so. 

Edited by Jack River

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight when getting psychoanalyzed, what is being analyzed?  The mind? The mind of what? The brain of the particular body? Because of how it interprets the thoughts it perceives? 

If there is no I, (as far as the one being identified with/mistaken as thoughts), then what is being analyzed? And for what purpose? 

Think of the mind like a computer hard drive. The hard drive can get loaded with all sorts of viruses and bad programs which then need to be uninstalled and defragmented. That is the function of therapeutic and self-help techniques. They make the computer run smoother.

Obviously a computer doesn't need to have an "I" for this to happen. Neither does your brain/mind.

Think of yourself as a malfunctioning robot:

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura What do you think is the best approach to delete viruses? Do they all have the same root cause and by that is there a general solution for all? Or is it more complicated than that?

@youngshinzen See video: How To Contemplate Using a Journal

That's one good way.

But there are many ways!

Like the Shamanic Breathing technique I shared in the Shamanic Breathing video.

Or the yoga I shared in the The Important Of Real Yoga video.

Or psychedelics.

I've shared dozens of the best techniques with you.

Psychedelics are the most powerful technique ever if you use them right. You could use them to deprogram all your viruses over time.

All of the questions being asked in this thread could be answered with a couple of solid psychedelic trips. During a psychedelic trip you can literally communicate with the universe and ask it any questions you want, and you will get more reliable answers then from the best human gurus, because a human guru can only talk, not show you. A psychedelic can actually modify your field of consciousness to show you the answer.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.