winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Jack River said:

Defense mechanism fosho. I see fear and desire as one movement too. Do you see what I mean? 

yes. Both the subject and object of fear are one conditioned movement in time

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Because you falsely identify with the "I" of the human body-mind. Humans don't exist. Only the Self exists. Walk the path and you will understand that all this time you have always been free and have never not known the truth.

But nearly every human does this. That is the default mode for us.. but if we are not what we think we are and in our truest form have always known the truth, why do we not know the truth in human form? It seems unnecessary to me to believe I am this "I", yet that's the case for most people.. why? 

24 minutes ago, Preetom said:

yes. Both the subject and object of fear are one conditioned movement in time

Right, but also in this sense..desire seems to arise because of a lack of which when we look deep is fear in reaction to itself. Desire is a reaction of fear. But if this arises as an experience we can see it as one unit of resistance in movement. Or time as you said. 

Edited by Jack River

@Preetom also do you think that applies equally to a path. Ego is already in one way or another on a certain path. It seems that ego conforms to a path directly because of this desire/fear/resistance/effort pattern. You see what I mean brah? 

So this seems to me that a path and and the ego are inseparable. Makes sense? 

Edited by Jack River

Or ego even before “on a path to enlightenment” is already on a path of its own prior to that. 

6 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@Preetom also do you think that applies equally to a path. Ego is already in one way or another in a certain path. It seems that it conforms to a path directly because of this desire/fear/resistance/effort pattern. You see what I mean brah? 

Yes. The way I see it is that ego is not an entity. The incessant conditioned movement itself is the ego. There is no such thing as a timeless, still ego.

No matter which direction it goes, it is always going in effort and separation. 

That's why the teaching says, why not direct that movement/effort towards Self-inquiry and realize what's really going on

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, Preetom said:

Yes. The way I see it is that ego is not an entity. The incessant conditioned movement itself is the ego. There is no such thing as a timeless, still ego.

No matter which direction it goes, it is always going in effort and separation. 

That's why the teaching says, why not direct that movement/effort towards Self-inquiry and realize what's really going on

Right. 

Just out of curiosity, would say within your awakening, that the self sense of who you would of refereed to yourself as in the past still arises as a sense of energy still and that you recognize it for what it is now knowing your true self, or has the energy of self completely disappeared as well?

@PreetomAlso seems that many will conform to this way, and still continue to be caught in that path/ego/time pattern. This is where it can get difficult. 

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

@PreetomAlso seems that many will conform to this way, and still continue to be caught in that path/ego/time pattern. This is where it can get difficult. 

It won't happen if self-inquiry is done consistently and diligently. Self-inquiry itself is a magical process that turns attention on itself. Normally attention is always on objects, never aware of itself.

This attention on attention builds dis-identfication. Then all of ego's movements are seen for what they really are.

As I saw you in another post, this is a process but not a process in time as it seems superficially. Time itself is seen as part of the movement.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Jack River

This is the mindbending paradox of Self-inquiry. It cannot be rationally discussed and dissected. That won't bring any sensible conclusion.

Only upon personally engaging into the process rigorously, somehow all delusions are dispelled :D 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

8 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@Jack River

This is the mindbending paradox of Self-inquiry. It cannot be rationally discussed and dissected. That won't bring any sensible condition.

Only upon personally engaging into the process rigorously, somehow all delusions are dispelled :D 

Fosho. But, I can see people going in circles as resistance will continue to increase more conflict. And that conflict will be followed by a reaction which keeps the illusion going. 

Edited by Jack River

It seems this is a method of matter(thought) to progressively change its own conditioning with its own conditioned pattern. 

could there be a way to bypass all that? 

Edited by Jack River

Fosho. But, I can see people going in circles as resistance will continue to increase more conflict. And that conflict will be followed by a reaction which keeps the illusion going. 

This is why Ramana Maharshi originally prescribed self-inquiry to be conducted in an unbroken fashion...until the Self is realized. It may start as a 20 minutes practice but in the end, it has to be unbroken in order for a permanent breakthrough to come. That's the use of effort from the seeker's part.

Also self-inquiry is not a thinking/intellectual/figuring out process. Self-inquiry should lead to cessation of thoughts, not more mental chatter and resistance. 

Winternight already gave the most lucid procedure of Self Inquiry I've seen so far which is seeking the 'I' feeling in the present experience, starting with the body. It's a very mindful observation and subtle seeking, not fantasizing and thinking and theory building.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

This is why Ramana Maharshi originally prescribed self-inquiry to be conducted in an unbroken fashion...until the Self is realized. It may start as a 20 minutes practice but in the end, it has to be unbroken in order for a permanent breakthrough to come. That's the use of effort from the seeker's part.

Also self-inquiry is not a thinking/intellectual/figuring out process. Self-inquiry should lead to cessation of thoughts, not more mental chatter and resistance. 

Winternight already gave the most lucid procedure of Self Inquiry I've seen so far which is seeking the 'I' feeling in the present experience, starting with the body. It's a very mindful observation and subtle seeking, not fantasizing and thinking and theory building.

Fosho. But is the pursuit of a breakthrough a response of thought which is the same mechanism that thinks, theorizes, and is motivated by the fantasy of that breakthrough?

Edited by Jack River

Fosho. But is the pursuit of a breakthrough a response of thought which is the same mechanism that thinks, theorizes, and is motivated by the fantasy of that breakthrough?

Yes just as the believe in enlightenment.

The pursuit can be seen as equally an act of rational conditioned thinking/achieving/projecting. 

Edited by Jack River

4 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Yes just as the believe in enlightenment.

Right. It seems to be a pursuing what is already known. It’s like saying I want to die but only because I seek a reward such as truth or “enlightenment”. Therefore not interested in dying but a continuation of self and its attachment to itself(the known) or the content it accumulates as thought. 

Edited by Jack River