winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

This existence is a gigantic mistake. It's not fun or entertaining in any way whatsoever. I mean it. Undo this mess, take it back, push the off switch, do it better, do something. You can do better than this.

Existence is a eternal tragedy.

@Mikael89 have you come across to any solution to it?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

5 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

This existence is a gigantic mistake. It's not fun or entertaining in any way whatsoever. I mean it. Undo this mess, take it back, push the off Edit: I see now that you said it's like a dream. So I guess it's a random disaster then. So I can't accuse you for being a sadist. And it also answers everything above. Existence is a eternal tragedy.

Only because you love to suffer.

Stop enjoying your suffering and everything will fall into place.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 hours ago, Shin said:

@winterknight

What are the things to do or not do in order to awaken in your opinion ?

Do: Obtain a quiet mind by aligning your actions with your desires through a process of discovery. Understand the intellectual framework of awakening, quench your doubts, practice self-inquiry intensely.

Do not: expect to chase mystical powers, or expect that awakening is going to get you worldly success.

More here and here.

7 hours ago, Ero said:

@winterknight

How do you experience beauty and in what form? 

-Music, nature, strong emotions, etc.? 

Has it changed? 

In all those forms. I am more both more and less open to outside beauty than before. More in the sense that the mind is quieter so that it can take in more. Less in the sense that the mind is inward-turned and already reveling the continuous beauty of the Self, so outside beauty is in a way shallow in comparison.

6 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

This existence is a gigantic mistake. It's not fun or entertaining in any way whatsoever. I mean it. Undo this mess, take it back, push the off switch, do it better, do something. You can do better than this.

If you want to die without dying, awakening is the best way. The true death that brings peace is not the killing of the body but the killing of the mind.

5 hours ago, DrMobius said:

@winterknight How do I forgive myself?

Psychodynamic/psychoanalytic therapy (google "psychoanalytic institute <my city>" and ask for a referral... there are low-fee options if that's an issue). Expressive writing/drawing/creation where you express your emotions in accurate, original detail and really try to capture what they feel like. 

Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry -- look into who wants to be forgiven.

1 hour ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@winterknight within Maya, if we were to akowledge it, what is memory, where is it stored, (brain, body, somewhere else?) and what is its relation to thought? 

What is a human, and why do they seem to be different than other animals? 

I can't say I fully know the answers to these questions. I can only give you the roughly Hindu viewpoint on these. Memories are impressions of prior thoughts, feelings, and actions that are written into the subtle psychic body (of which the physical body is only a manifestation), and which influence current actions, thoughts, and feelings. Memories are, broadly, a kind of thought.

Humans are a particular kind of living entity with certain qualities. They are different from animals because they have more understanding, more social capacity, and more ability to grasp philosophical and cultural matters.

1 hour ago, Jordan94 said:

What about doing a featured video/part with @Leo Gura

In case both of you are down and interested in doing it obviously

Perhaps. I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Do you find it necessary to play a character during daily interactions with with unawakened characters that see themselves as separate entities?

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Do you find it necessary to play a character during daily interactions with with unawakened characters that see themselves as separate entities?

The one who thinks he interacts with "unawakened characters" is also himself a fictional character. He doesn't really actually decisions about anything.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Should we be open-minded that our beliefs might be wrong, for instance that this consciousness is Mine?

I'm having difficulties with pertaining the sleeping state. Are you really conscious in your sleep or is that just an idea? Because I don't think you remember being asleep at all, you just remember going to sleep.

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The one who thinks he interacts with "unawakened characters" is also himself a fictional character. He doesn't really actually decisions about anything.

Of course. Does that fictional character appear within your mind-body to interact with other fictional characters? 

17 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

@winterknight Who's behind all creation? What this existence? How come we're humans? How come you're enligttened? What's this process?

Investigate the I using Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry and you'll understand that all these questions arise out of a misconception. That's the ultimate truth. 

Otherwise, we could say: God is behind creation and this existence is his will, as are the fact that we are humans. "I" am not really enlightened except as a figure of speech (enlightenment is the destruction of the notion of any I that could be enlightened)... but if I am it too is by God's will. The process is as I have outlined it here and here.

9 minutes ago, Outer said:

Should we be open-minded that our beliefs might be wrong, for instance that this consciousness is Mine?

I'm having difficulties with pertaining the sleeping state. Are you really conscious in your sleep or is that just an idea? Because I don't think you remember being asleep at all, you just remember going to sleep.

Yes, all beliefs are technically wrong, because words can't express the Truth. If it bothers you to say that you are conscious in your sleep, you can drop that idea. It doesn't much matter to awakening.

Unless, of course you really need to understand the deep intellectual framework before you feel comfortable proceeding. In which case, yes, try to resolve that doubt.

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Of course. Does that fictional character appear within your mind-body to interact with other fictional characters? 

The one who would say "my mind-body" is also technically false, as is the idea of a mind-body itself :). But if we admit him and the mind-body, then yes, that appears and interacts with other characters...

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight The story of “me” remains. Playing along with that story seems handy at times since most people are oriented toward interpersonal relations. I’ve found it awkward to operate from a nondual orientation 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@winterknight The story of “me” remains. Playing along with that story seems handy at times since most people are oriented toward interpersonal relations. I’ve found it awkward to operate from a nondual orientation 

It's not really about operating from a nondual orientation. It's about whether there is a sense that "I am the doer." If that sense is destroyed through deep enough inquiry, then there's no question of how to operate.

4 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@winterknight Did you mean to say omit ?

No, admit, as in, admit for the sake of discussion something that might appear to be the case but really isn't.

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight

Have you personally came across the notion of ''transmission of Silence'' since you got Enlightened last year?

Have you noticed that your mere silent presence influencing people to relax and open up and take things easier over time?

Would appreciate if you could give some examples if you noticed something like this.

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

Have you personally came across the notion of ''transmission of Silence'' since you got Enlightened last year?

Have you noticed that your mere silent presence influencing people to relax and open up and take things easier over time?

Would appreciate if you could give some examples if you noticed something like this.

By transmission of Silence do you mean the idea that other minds can be awakened through the silent presence of one who is awakened? Ramana Maharshi was notorious for having that power.

As far as my silent presence, I think I've seen a little of that effect, nowhere near the power of RM. I don't really know what that is. Part of me thinks it's akin to a kind of mystical power that some sages and not others have, but that it's not deeply related to awakening itself. Which makes sense in terms of the fact that awakening itself is not the final truth, but is a provisional concept.

13 hours ago, winterknight said:

If you investigate deeply that "I" who seems to be conscious of Outer, you will find that there is no such entity.

What I mean by "Outer" is this consciousness, in this consciousness there's the thoughts, feelings, emotions, which intellectually is to a person called "Outer". Since consciousness ends in sleep I don't see why there's an Objective consciousness which I am. Independent of Outer consciousness.

It's rather a belief that in sleep consciousness continues and it is forever... There's consciousness now, but it's not during sleep... That's why I don't get why I can realize truth without it being a belief, I've looked and I don't see why it would be any other way. How is this consciousness a reflection of the real consciousness? Where is it?

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

What I mean by "Outer" is this consciousness, in this consciousness there's the thoughts, feelings, emotions, which intellectually is to a person called "Outer". Since consciousness ends in sleep I don't see why there's an Objective consciousness which I am. Independent of Outer consciousness.

Ok... and? Are you trying to get me to convince you otherwise? If you are seeking anyway, does it matter? Is this an obstacle to your seeking, this lack of understanding?

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

By transmission of Silence do you mean the idea that other minds can be awakened through the silent presence of one who is awakened? Ramana Maharshi was notorious for having that power.

Yes. It's like the silent mind, open and loose effect you get from doing 2 hours of self inquiry; you get that pretty much the same effect just by being with a sage for lets say 30 minutes.

Both Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta Maharaj was supposed to have to this effect. Sometimes the questioners would argue and ask questions but after some time they would just see their own bullshit and just shut up. Their minds got silent and rested. Of course the same effect didn't happen with everyone. 

It seems like the devotee has to have a certain level of spiritual maturity to receive this 'transmission'

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Just now, winterknight said:

Ok... and? Are you trying to get me to convince you otherwise? If you are seeking anyway, does it matter? Is this an obstacle to your seeking, this lack of understanding?

I do think that if you can convince me I will be enlightened. Where is the real consciousness?