winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Humility is the new currency. Hilarious. 

Yes, if you want to sell something hahaha...

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

41 minutes ago, exhale said:

@B_Naz I'll chew on that for a bit.  I understand that I am entrenched in the rationalist paradigm, and this limits my understanding.  Work to do. :)

I will chew on that as well. Great question on Epistemology :D

You're not human, you're the universe

Actual humility is very powerful dudes. And the kicker is it’s not a thing cultivated. 

@winterknight

A few years ago I had an experience where I realized that there is a “reason for everything“. This was the first thought that expressed the clarity I had at that moment. It was life changing and helped me to sense that I cannot be something I perceive, because there‘s a reason for everything I perceive and by definition I didn‘t choose it freely. So I‘m not connected to something and thought: “I must be in another dimension“. I didn‘t have any knowledge of enlightenment back then.

Now I feel rather stuck and more advanced than others, so the seperation is still intact even though I try to think my way out of it. Also the solipsistic thought is persistent. How can I continue from here?

Edited by youngshinzen

Thank god I made it before the thread is closed!!

@ZX_man Does this thread ring some bells? How is the Enlightnement thing kicking so far? :D

@winterknight I have few questions. I'm not questioning your Enlightenment. Please just honestly answer these questions as you feel right now.

1) Are you 'aware' of deep sleep? 

2) Do you really 'see' any actual, experiential difference between deep sleep and waking state? Or do your 'deep sleep' continues for 24/7?

3) Do you see any 'objects'? How would you define any objective experience from your current understanding?

4) Where are 'you' located in your direct experience now?

5) What is your experience of 'Time'? How do you see Time now?

6) Do you find any 'distance' between any'thing' and 'yourself'?

7) Can you stop thinking right now? Upon doing that, what's your actual experience about this event of stopping thought? Who stopped thinking? Who is in control?

8) What was the defining moment when you realized ''this is it! I'm done". Was it any particular insight? Any emotional charge or mystical highs involved?

9) Do you find yourself parroting non dual truths like ''there is no doer, there is no suffering, there is no me'' when shit hits the fan or is your mind silent because you're actually grounded in these non dual truths experientially?

10) Do you find yourself becoming MORE and MORE 'Enlightened' by the passing days, weeks, months?

PS: I didn't either ask about your verification for Enlightenment or about your path. I hope you answer these questions. I want you to just look at yourself right now and answer from there. Thank you! :) 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Hi!

I highly appreciate you making this kind of thread,

How enlightenment work has helped you at working your psychology and vice versa? How you see these things linked each other? Do you see clearly that every emotion is you "doing it"? Is there any unconsciousness left in your psyche what you feel you need to work on? Is there any existential things where you want to delve deeper yet or is any seeking and will to personal development gone?

Someone who says he IS enlightened, is not really enlightened in the Eastern sense of the word enlightenment. 

The western sense of the word enlightenment is often the non-self. The dissolution of the self.

So, someone who says he is enlightened is still something. And is therefore not even enlightened in the Western sense of the word.

The Eastern meaning of enlightenment goes much further and points to insight in the nature of reality as a whole and not just the self.

In that sense, someone can feel enlightened, but he is nothing besides consciousness.

Read http://www.foundationsofhumanlife.com if you want to know more about this.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

Typically if someone says they're enlightened they really are, in the case they're not lying or -- are deluded -- which one can tell if they're for instance incoherent, babbling on about some crazy shit. It almost never happens on the forum that someone says "I am enlightened," because almost no one is enlightened. Some people write as if they are but you've never seen them say they are for good reason. If you say you're enlightened you're subject to scrutiny and since deep in people's hearts they know they aren't, they won't say it. At the same time Richard Feynman has said: "The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." So people...  don't go around thinking you're enlightened until... it's impossible to deny. Then when you are feel free to do as this guy does.

Also playing semantic games about saying "You can't say you're enlightened because there's no I to be enlightened"... An enlightened person doesn't give a fuck in saying "I" since it's just language, communication. True as Feynman has said it's good to not fool yourself... So see everyone as "awakening" including yourself, and the "awakened" state being a threshold on this continuum. That awakening continuum is in my view, with its thresholds, is just a form of practice to continue awaken.

That said thanks for the thread, you seem to be awakened. Since awakened people tend  to have a bad memory, can you figure out a way in which you get back to the forum so you can answer BETTER questions, especially those relating to people's practice. Other people in the Advaita tradition keep away from answering philosophical questions and instead focusing on practice and progress. As evident by the neuroscience of Awakening, no one will be by listening to a Guru speak, only by practice. If that is what they want right now, you bring a good case about figuring out one's desires, with psychotherapy and expressive, creative things, which are good insights.

Someone who reached nirvana, the ending of the cycle of rebirth, will never say he or she is enlightened, as he or she is not enlightened. There is not a person left anymore who can be enlightened. Someone who reached this, uses his language very subtle and very carefully, as language is very important in communicating. And communication is all we have to share our knowledge and insights. Sadly communication in our technogical advanced society with an overflow of information and ego's who think they have the truth in mind has lost its value. This is one of the reaons why it is so hard for us to get where we want to go, as we are not really listening and reading anymore. And people talk a lot of bullshit. That is to say, if you shoot with a shotgun you will probably hit something, but if you shoot with a sniper rifle you tend to hit it right but only if you are skilled.

Your evaluation if someone is enlightened or not depends upon your concept of enlightenment. This concept stems from your experience. So if you have not reached enlightenment yourself, you can not make a distinction if someone is enlightened or not as your judgement stems from an incomplete insight into the nature of reality. In other words; you do not fully comprehend the concept of enlightenment if you have not achieved it yourself.

Therefore, I can safely say: someone who says he is enlightened is never enlightened.

Edited by Emanyalpsid

10 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Someone who reached nirvana, the ending of the cycle of rebirth, will never say he or she is enlightened, as he or she is not enlightened. Someone who reached this, uses his language very subtle and very carefully, as language is very important in communicating. And communication is all we have to share our knowledge and insights. Sadly communication in our technogical advanced society with an overflow of information and ego's who think they have the truth in mind has lost its value. This is one of the reaons why it is so hard for us to get where we want to go, as we are not really listening and reading anymore.

Your evaluation if someone is enlightened or not depends upon your concept of enlightenment. This concept stems from your experience. So if you did not reached enlightenment yourself, you can not make a distinction if someone is enlightened or not as your judgement stems from an incomplete insight into the nature of reality. In other words; you do not fully comprehend the concept of enlightenment if you have not achieved it yourself.

Therefore, I can safely say: someone who says he is enlightened is never enlightened.

Good luck with that. There's way too many fake teacher out there who never say they're enlightened because "that's what enlightened people do" that the actual reality now is that those who say, probably is. Provided the person who is enlightened is somewhat intelligent, and know about  all of those traps you're talking about, they're not saying they are without what you're saying in mind. The true enlightenment test is a resting state fMRI scan of the brain, seeing how resting state activity like is in the brain. If you say you're enlightened and start a thread like this you're under scrutiny. If you are mr. Emanyalpsid, as you're giving a teaching... Make a thread.

Celebration! @winterknight  is enlightened!

I see many in this thread too that are enlightened, by the questions that they ask

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

1 minute ago, Outer said:

......There's way too many fake teacher out there who never say they're enlightened because "that's what enlightened people do" that the actual reality now is that those who say, probably is. Provided the person who is enlightened is somewhat intelligent, and know about  all of those traps you're talking about, they're not saying they are without what you're saying in mind. The true enlightenment test is a resting state fMRI scan of the brain, seeing how resting state activity like is in the brain. If you say you're enlightened and start a thread like this you're under scrutiny. If you are mr. Emanyalpsid, as you're giving a teaching... Make a thread.

Indeed fake teachers are often clever, but this doesnt mean that the opposite is now true. You got me into thinking about making a thread, but then I get a horseload of irrelevant questions like; can I unlock cities?  And i am learning for a health advisor study at the moment and this forums is already a distraction. :) 

2 minutes ago, Emanyalpsid said:

Indeed fake teachers are often clever, but this doesnt mean that the opposite is now true. You got me into thinking about making a thread, but then I get a horseload of irrelevant questions like; can I unlock cities?  And i am learning for a health advisor study at the moment and this forums is already a distraction. :) 

So now you're implying of being enlightened without saying "I am enlightened". I think you should try to say it if you really are. Spiritual ego is a thing but it's possible to do spiritual things without it, maybe you don't think so.

7 hours ago, winterknight said:

But also: this is a great jumping off point for the spiritual. You're in pain. Who is experiencing that pain? Learn about Ramana's self-inquiry method deeply and practice it. Every moment you're frustrated, use that to investigate who is it that is frustrated.

@winterknight i'm sorry for automatically thinking your a fraud

is this method also good for anxiety? general/social?