winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

You're clearly expressing some emotions here in every answer that you give. 

Is it so hard to tell me what emotions would happen during stabbing?

Just tell me if your mind be peaceful or suffering. No advaita BS.

He's responded to you multiple times on this question. Enlightenment doesn't get rid of your nerve endings. Pain is not the same as suffering.

Edited by Outer

He didn't respond once as far as I'm concerned. 

He thinks quoting scriptures is what I'm asking. i'm asking what is the state of his mind during pain.

Edited by Salvijus

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Happiness.

The man who changes the world is the man who changes himself.

Guy's enlightenment is here right now for everyone, just stop moving the goal post, and making it some experience or special thing.

If you silences your mind to absolutely no activity at all, you all become exactly the same one thing.

To interact with one another by definition needs to create duality, for you to talk to yourself you must become two.

Edited by alankrillin

What is consciousness?

If the ego is an illusion and it doesn't exist, how was it created and why is the illusion there?

Does consciousness end when we die?

Why don't kid have consciousness of themselves?

8 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i can program a robot that learns to respond according to a certain set of corpus (lots of texts). i bet it can pass the turing test for enlightenment-related conversations if i feed it with enough enlightenment gibberish.

you either learn how to touch people's hearts or you're just wasting your time and intellectual energy. if you're sincere enough, you'll realize the huge amount of pride that you're holding.

of course, you can always use the "there's no I holding anything" card. i rather be humble than smart though... don't know about you.

Yes I was thinking the same thing, Instead of posting why not read OSHO's book's or something. Queued responses. Nothing that can be trusted in experience. Enlightened or not. If not experience however then what? Inductive, problem of reasoning.

Intellectual energy. There is no one on this forum that I really trust, so tend to keep with knowledge, state of confusion or consumption. "As for a quest for fire", enlightenment, wasting time here. 

How many people here actively attend spirituality seminars or activities with other people? Maybe quite a few, I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@winterknight

Have you ventured into the work of awakening people yet? If so, what have you found to be most efficient? Thanks!

Yes. Ramana Maharshi's self-inquiry is without a doubt the most efficient way, but the real issue for 99% of the people is various psychological obstacles that have to be overcome first. People have to be honest with themselves about what they really want, and pursue it, whether or not it is enlightenment. That is the path. If someone tells themselves that they are interested in enlightenment but they are not, they will get nowhere. Self-honesty is itself a process, however. Psychodynamic or psychoanalytic psychotherapy can be helpful in this regard.

5 minutes ago, Helios said:

What is consciousness?

If the ego is an illusion and it doesn't exist, how was it created and why is the illusion there?

Does consciousness end when we die?

Why don't kid have consciousness of themselves?

Consciousness has many definitions. One of them is: that which knows.

Even the idea that ego is an illusion is not strictly correct; it is not even that. Even the illusion doesn't exist.

We are not our bodies, so we do not die. Consciousness never ends.

Kids do have consciousness of themselves, only that consciousness reflects objects that are rudimentary and undeveloped.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

All questions are answered within themselves. Enlighten up ;)

B R E A T H E

1 minute ago, pluto said:

All questions are answered within themselves. Enlighten up ;)

?

Enlightened being would be at total peace and equanimity during their stabbing. Would you agree or no?

Please don't ingnore. I'm dying to know. That's what you came here isn't to help my with my confusion and questions

Edited by Salvijus

7 minutes ago, winterknight said:

We are not our bodies, so we do not die. Consciousness never ends.

Why don't we have consciousness of the time before our birth?

1 minute ago, Helios said:

Why don't we have consciousness of the time before our birth?

That's a question not of consciousness but of the mind. It's the mind's limitation. Why is there that limitation? I don't know. 

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

30 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i can program a robot that learns to respond according to a certain set of corpus (lots of texts). i bet it can pass the turing test for enlightenment-related conversations if i feed it with enough enlightenment gibberish.

you either learn how to touch people's hearts or you're just wasting your time and intellectual energy. if you're sincere enough, you'll realize the huge amount of pride that you're holding.

of course, you can always use the "there's no I holding anything" card. i rather be humble than smart though... don't know about you.

This is an area I've been contemplating a lot. It's easy for me to think / feel enlightenment manifests a certain way. For example, the loss of self, sincerity, connecting heart-to-heart etc. Yet, it seems all of this can be transcended such that it's ALL of it. Whatever is happening, there is an expansive consciousness present. A singularity. There is no difference between faking one's way through an enlightenment test or sincerely connecting with someone's heart. It's all part of the One Everything. It's about being awake - not how consciousness is expressed, because it's all consciousness.

Everything in this thread seems to be *within* enlightenment. When someone says "this is it. . . " it's easy to hold the idea separate from everything. 

Just some stuff passing through my head. Like logs floating down a river. . . 

Does this sound accurate?:

Atman (your consciousness), their, her... His... is Brahman. It's Brahman that's the one consciousness which is our true nature. Atman comes about by a reduction of Brahman (Mind-At-Large) like a whirlpool in  a body of water. Scientists don't know yet how, in this universe, but presumably it's the brain in our species which does it. The identification with self/ego and not Atman, consciousness is due to brain processes.

If that's accurate, what is then spirituality about for you?

@winterknight why didn't you answer my previous question? :)

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

He can't respond to my earlier questions, hahaha. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

11 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

This is an area I've been contemplating a lot. It's easy for me to think / feel enlightenment manifests a certain way. For example, the loss of self, sincerity, connecting heart-to-heart etc. Yet, it seems all of this can be transcended such that it's ALL of it. Whatever is happening, there is an expansive consciousness present. A singularity. There is no difference between faking one's way through an enlightenment test or sincerely connecting with someone's heart. It's all part of the One Everything. It's about being awake - not how consciousness is expressed, because it's all consciousness.

Everything in this thread seems to be *within* enlightenment. When someone says "this is it. . . " it's easy to hold the idea separate from everything. 

Just some stuff passing through my head. Like logs floating down a river. . . 

The difference between enlightened and unenlightened is the embodiment of truth. When your actions clearly say you have no identification with your body and mind. That's the embodiment. Everyone can say I'm enlightened because that is the Truth. But not everyone can smile when getting stabbed. That's the only way to know fake from real 

Edited by Salvijus

2 hours ago, winterknight said:

The problem is that the very idea of "something" is itself grounded in the misconception of the ego. Pursue that ego and the question will disappear.

It is a question of distinctions. There is no problem when one ventures to the null void and back.

13 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Enlightened being would be at total peace and equanimity during their stabbing. Would you agree or no?

Please don't ingnore. I'm dying to know. That's what you came here isn't to help my with my confusion and questions

No. The enlightened person is not their body. The body may react one way, but that has not bearing on the inner experience of the enlightened being. Being able to withstand stabbings without pain may be some kind of weird yogic discipline, but it has nothing to do with enlightenment.

10 minutes ago, Outer said:

Does this sound accurate?:

Atman (your consciousness), their, her... His... is Brahman. It's Brahman that's the one consciousness which is our true nature. Atman comes about by a reduction of Brahman (Mind-At-Large) like a whirlpool in  a body of water. Scientists don't know yet how, in this universe, but presumably it's the brain in our species which does it. The identification with self/ego and not Atman, consciousness is due to brain processes.

If that's accurate, what is then spirituality about for you?

I don't really prefer the mixing of brain processes and atman-brahman language... but whether or not we accepted this model, I'm not sure it has much bearing on the spiritual quest either way. That is based on an exploration of our own personal experience of the "I," not the brain.

12 minutes ago, lmfao said:

@winterknight why didn't you answer my previous question? :)

Because it didn't seem like a serious question... but ok, ask the question to which you truly want to know the answer.

13 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

He can't respond to my earlier questions, hahaha. 

Well, "conquering" the subconscious doesn't make a lot of sense as a way of thinking about things. There are certain things you need to see about yourself, but there's a lot that remains unknown. But either way I wouldn't call it conquest.