winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

There is no such person as the "I" who is reacting to this. That's the fiction.

That's not what I asked. 

Again. What would be your experience when somebody is stabbing you?

Please. Describe THE EXPERIENCE to Me 

Edited by Salvijus

I this like the enlightenment version of the Turing Test?

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That's not what I asked. 

Please. Describe THE EXPERIENCE to Me 

Let me rephrase the question.

What would be your state of mind when somebody is stabbing you?

Would there be suffering in your mind?

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

That's not what I asked. 

There are multiple answers to this question, depending on the level of understanding of the listener. The truest is that I can never be stabbed. The true I is not stabbable.

If you insist on identifying me with the appearance of a body in a world, then I will say that there appears to be pain. But that is all a dream, an appearance, an illusion, a misconception.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Let me rephrase the question.

What would be your state of mind when somebody is stabbing you?

Would there be suffering in your mind?

Please.... I'm begging you. Answer this question

@winterknight Have you conquered the so-called "subconscious mind" and make it conscious? 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Your brain is the one operating the keyboard to write all of this, why isn't the brain also creating the true you as well?

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Please.... I'm begging you. Answer this question

I've already answered it multiple times, but you're not accepting my answer. The idea of an experience in a mind is a misconception. There are no actual experiences in minds. There's no stabbing, no stabber, no stabbee.

But if you insist on me distorting the truth and accepting the existence of experiences and minds and knives and putting things into those terms, then there will be the appearance of suffering in the mind.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

What happens at night when you go to sleep, does consciousness turn off to turn on during dreaming or when you awake?

How come that in consciousness there's vision at a contour of a body, feelings, thoughts, all that are linked to this same body?

Might it not be that actually, this body, is a receiver of consciousness, by as yet, an undetermined mechanism in the brain?

Because your brain changed once you awakened.

Is this sort of doubtful vetting what you expected when you started this thread? Welcome, by the way.   :)

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

What happens at night when you go to sleep, does consciousness turn off to turn on during dreaming or when you awake?

How come that in consciousness there's vision at a contour of a body, feelings, thoughts, all that are linked to this same body?

Might it not be that actually, this body, is a receiver of consciousness, by as yet, an undetermined mechanism in the brain?

Because your brain changed once you awakened.

Consciousness does not turn off during sleep. Consciousness never turns off. Conventionally, in Vedanta, we'd say consciousness is aware of the pure ego and it alone in sleep.

I certainly agree that the body does not generate consciousness. Yes, you can say the brain receives consciousness if you want. 

5 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I've already answered it multiple times, but you're not accepting my answer. The idea of an experience in a mind is a misconception. There are no actual experiences in minds. There's no stabbing, no stabber, no stabbee.

But if you insist on me distorting the truth and accepting the existence of experiences and minds and knives and putting things into those terms, then there will be the appearance of suffering in the mind.

There's no stabbing, no stabber, no stabbee

How do you function in the world if you can't see a difference between a stabber and stabee?

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

Be careful, believing ideas as true is a nasty trap common during intermediate stages of awakening. 

3 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Is this sort of doubtful vetting what you expected when you started this thread? Welcome, by the way.   :)

Ha! It's what I should have expected if I were halfway thinking. :D And thanks.... 

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Ha! It's what I should have expected if I were halfway thinking. :D And thanks.... 

What kind of emotions do you feel in this answer to PsiloPutty question?

And what emotions would you feel during your stabbing.? Sorry to ask you this again. 

Edited by Salvijus

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

There's no stabbing, no stabber, no stabbee

How do you function in the world if you can't see a difference between a stabber and stabee?

It is not I who sees that difference, and therefore not I who has to deal with that problem. There is in fact no world. Whoever accepts the world has to deal with the world.

But you have to see this in your own experience by inquiring into the self. Hearing it just as words, it will of course sound like gibberish.

i can program a robot that learns to respond according to a certain set of corpus (lots of texts). i bet it can pass the turing test for enlightenment-related conversations if i feed it with enough enlightenment gibberish.

you either learn how to touch people's hearts or you're just wasting your time and intellectual energy. if you're sincere enough, you'll realize the huge amount of pride that you're holding.

of course, you can always use the "there's no I holding anything" card. i rather be humble than smart though... don't know about you.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

14 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Consciousness does not turn off during sleep. Consciousness never turns off. Conventionally, in Vedanta, we'd say consciousness is aware of the pure ego and it alone in sleep.

I certainly agree that the body does not generate consciousness. Yes, you can say the brain receives consciousness if you want. 

Your Pre-Awakened state was a state of your brain. It can be reversed and poof, there's delusion again, but consciousness never changed. Bernardo Kastrup talks about how the "receiver" of consciousness is like an  individual whirlpool in a sea of consciousness.

why-materialism-is-baloney-225x300.jpg

I guess it's called Atman?

2 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

i can program a robot that learns to respond according to a certain set of corpus (lots of texts). i bet it can pass the turing test for enlightenment-related conversations if i feed it with enough enlightenment gibberish.

you either learn how to touch people's hearts or you're just wasting your time and intellectual energy. if you're sincere enough, you'l realize the huge amount of pride that you're holding.

of course, you can always use the "there's no I holding anything" card. i rather be humble than smart.

Most people who are enlightened actually say they are in some form or another, that so few do it on the forum isn't out of modesty, but because they aren't. I think.

Edited by Outer

You're clearly expressing some emotions here in every answer that you give. 

Is it so hard to tell me what emotions would happen during stabbing?

Just tell me if your mind be peaceful or suffering. No advaita BS.

Edited by Salvijus