winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Are you experiencing that your mind and body are not you every moment of your life?

It's not that one is experiencing the mind and body as not you, but that the mind and body are themselves only expressions of the Self. They are not independent of it. And when they are not independent of it, they effectively don't exist. Does a candle still exist sitting next to the Sun?

To the outside, it might appear as if they exist. But in truth, they do not. Lots of paradoxes here, unfortunately. That's because we're trying to describe something that is extremely simple and obvious, something you experience every single second, and yet which is beyond words.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

46 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Fuck this question also popped in my mind today while I was taking walk near shore. I got to that point where I was thinking about continuity of a graph. I get there thinking about a velocity graph of a car, that's continuous, where the fuck exact moment did car start moving? how can we zoom into graph to see, or unable to see zoom within infinite zoom in the time scale?  There's no continuity, only snapshots of what we perceive. The killer question is why there're snapshot points? Why there are points rather then not points? Why is there something rather than nothing?

11 minutes ago, winterknight said:

In truth there is no eyeball or knife or doer. Whoever sees those objects will have to decide that question.

People say enlightenment is the end of suffering. 

If somebody kicked you in the balls, how would you react to that?

What is perceptions in consciousness,  like this text? What's the movie on the screen?

Why does it seem like there's different movies for different screens, and why does it seem to be due to brains?

What do you think of the thought  that the brain  is a receiver of the one consciousness?

57 minutes ago, winterknight said:

I am an expert on the nondual path of spirituality in the Hindu advaita tradition, heavily influenced by Ramana Maharshi (but with my own twists). I'm making myself available here for sincere seekers who want help or clarification on their own path. I'm not really interested in:

a) proving my bona fides (you'll have to get that from my answers)

b) giving an autobiographical description of my path, my realizations, etc.

I probably won't respond to requests for these.

Other than that, anything's game if you're bothered by it. This is a playful experiment... let's see how it goes.

Okay no bs here or paradoxial quesions like Leo asked, tell me if you can:

Why did you come into being?
Why did I come into being?

What are you? What I am?

Don't fucking throw me no-self questions, if you ever do, don't even bother because I already claimed my victory over there. Let's see what you got.

3 minutes ago, non_nothing said:

Fuck this question also popped in my mind today while I was taking walk near shore. I got to that point where I was thinking about continuity of a graph. I get there thinking about a velocity graph of a car, that's continuous, where the fuck exact moment did car start moving? how can we zoom into graph to see, or unable to see zoom within infinite zoom in the time scale?  There's no continuity, only snapshots of what we perceive. The killer question is why there're snapshot points? Why there are points rather then not points? Why is there something rather than nothing?

It's mindfuck i know. Good question actually.

Just now, Salvijus said:

People say enlightenment is the end of suffering. 

If somebody kicked you in the balls, how would you react to that?

There are lots of different ways to answer the question. If you want I could say there is pain. The body might appear to be doubled over, a voice might appear to scream. But is the true I really suffering for one moment? No.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

1 minute ago, non_nothing said:

Okay no bs here or paradoxial quesions like Leo asked, tell me if you can:

Why did you come into being?
Why did I come into being?

What are you? What I am?

Don't fucking throw me no-self questions, if you ever do, don't even bother because I already claimed my victory over there. Let's see what you got.

Neither you nor I came into being.

We are both nothing but the Self, that which is beyond all dualities and which cannot be described. Yet, since we are trying: it is the complete, perfect,  unchanging ever-present which knows itself by itself.

On the 3rd day of a meditation retreat, I was doing the surrendering/do nothing/letting go technique. I was struggling to completely let go. Then in all of a sudden i kind of stepped out of language and realized that the present moment is prior to meaning in language. It was like i escaped the matrix. I realized that reality is prior to morals, values and meaning. I still felt like there was an observer tho and i didn't get an egodeath like i have had on LSD. Later that day I red a book called 'God is Nothingness', it talked about non-duality and nothingness. Its description of non-duality seemed to fit with what i realized. It said that there is this thing called which nothingness is beyond non-duality which blew my mind.

Now, my question is:
I know how to get to back to that place of pure beeing. Is that what i should do to realize nothingness and reach enlightenment?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

There are lots of different ways to answer the question. If you want I could say there is pain. The body might appear to be doubled over, a voice might appear to scream. But is the true I really suffering for one moment? No.

I think I won guys.

Listen. Why would your mind start screaming if you have no identification with the body? Ok there's pain. But if you're completly disindentified from your body. How can there be any reaction to the pain in your body? 

I heard some yogis where just walking naked without any concern about the body. Somebody put.a sword in him and he just kept walking straight. It's from sadhguru this story.

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

What is perceptions in consciousness,  like this text? What's the movie on the screen?

Why does it seem like there's different movies for different screens, and why does it seem to be due to brains?

What do you think of the thought  that the brain  is a receiver of the one consciousness?

So there are two answers to this question. If you insist on answering the question "in duality," these questions will be unanswerable mysteries. We can just accept that.

The other path is the nondual path -- find out who is the one who is aware of all these perceptions and all these questions will disappear.

How do you unlock the 24th dimension and what are the meanings of Honey and Milk?

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Neither you nor I came into being.

We are both nothing but the Self, that which is beyond all dualities and which cannot be described. Yet, since we are trying: it is the complete, perfect,  unchanging ever-present which knows itself by itself.

Your answer has no use but is like:

315b52e96b4d5e5b7fa6592a4434a943.png

If you respond to that question by "who wants use" then I ask you the same (i.e image above) "who wanted this thread?"

bac74f6950235429a986647d88b8b43c.jpg

3 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

How do you unlock the 24th dimension and what are the meanings of Honey and Milk?

you need to suck 24 dicks, honey and milk is your favorit secret sex food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

You're awakened, to some threshold, but what do you think of "enlightenment being capable of endless enlargement"?