winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The problem is that the very idea of "something" is itself grounded in the misconception of the ego. Pursue that ego and the question will disappear.

It appears that questions about the nature of reality themselves are fundamentally misleading because of the hidden wrong assumptions they are based upon. Can we actually gain something by asking you questions? 

What events made you interested in enlightenment?

How old were you then and when you attained?

Not that anyone cares, but WinterKnight, is based on David Copperfield an illusionist.

Litterally a few seconds google search shows, it to be the case. A least according to google......

All fun I guess, till it's not.

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

The problem is that the very idea of "something" is itself grounded in the misconception of the ego. Pursue that ego and the question will disappear.

Well any question will disappear...

Does your enlightenment consciousness will going to become slow, dark and evil again in trillion years?

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

26 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Oh, very good question. Is there something? Who says that there is something?

Are you denying that existence exists?

12 minutes ago, winterknight said:

No, no, no, self-inquiry and learning to become honest about what I really wanted, I don't know

Well, that's one set of answers, probably the most accurate. I could give another set of answers to the first three questions:

yes, yes, yes

also 

there only appears to be, there only appears to be, there only appears to be

or:

the question is incoherent, the question is incoherent, the question is incoherent

Heh.

Well, I was asking if you're suffering, and if you experience pleasure.

8 minutes ago, Aimblack said:

It appears that questions about the nature of reality themselves are fundamentally misleading because of the hidden wrong assumptions they are based upon. Can we actually gain something by asking you questions? 

Heh -- seemingly yes, but truly no.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Could you cut your eyeballs with a knife without any hesitation? 

Just now, Salvijus said:

Could you cut your eyeballs with a knife without any hesitation? 

In truth there is no eyeball or knife or doer. Whoever sees those objects will have to decide that question.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

36 minutes ago, Shin said:

Why creating a topic just for you when you could just answer people questions on other topics ?

9_9

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Are you experiencing that your mind and body are not you every moment of your life?

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

How do you know you're enlightened and aren't deluding yourself right now?

There's no such thing as enlightenment, so there's really no question about the fact. The idea of a person capable of deluding themselves about this fact is itself delusion. Hehe. 

It's all beyond logic at the end.

@winterknight what question should I ask you? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.