winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

I am an expert on the nondual path of spirituality in the Hindu advaita tradition, heavily influenced by Ramana Maharshi (but with my own twists). I'm making myself available here for sincere seekers who want help or clarification on their own path. I'm not really interested in:

a) proving my bona fides (you'll have to get that from my answers)

b) giving an autobiographical description of my path, my realizations, etc.

I probably won't respond to requests for these.

Other than that, anything's game if you're bothered by it. This is a playful experiment... let's see how it goes.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Why is there something rather than nothing?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Lol.... didn't last even 5min :D destroyed by 1question :D

Edited by Salvijus

How many self-referential thoughts do you approximately have in a day?

After I had genuine glimpses and insights how do I not let those become barriers ? 

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Oh, very good question. Is there something? Who says that there is something?

that doesnt answer anything, no avoiding the question!

Is there any suffering?

Is there any pleasure?

Do you still practice?

What practice did you do?

What's the relationship between consciousness and the brain?

Why creating a topic just for you when you could just answer people question on other topics ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Just now, Outer said:

How many self-referential thoughts do you approximately have in a day?

This is a tricky question for me to answer -- I don't really think of things in that way. I know some people consider an absence of self-referential thoughts to be the hallmark of a quiet mind, but the truth is that I think the distinction is artificial.

Anything that is recognized as a "thought" has an element of self-reference to it. Whether one says the word "I" or not, if there is a thought, there is an implied I. The sense of disturbance that accompanies it, that sense of "identification," is really what might mark it as self-referential.

The problem is that that sense of identification is itself an illusion... so we are asking about the details of a mirage here.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

5 minutes ago, Aimblack said:

After I had genuine glimpses and insights how do I not let those become barriers ? 

They cannot become barriers, because there is ultimately no barrier to what you are. No barrier can stand in the way. Your path is guaranteed. Just keep going. You are assured of victory.

How do i get million dollars by not doing anything?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

This is a tricky question for me to answer -- I don't really think of things in that way. I know some people consider an absence of self-referential thoughts to be the hallmark of a quiet mind, but the truth is that I think the distinction is artificial.

Anything that is recognized as a "thought" has an element of self-reference to it. Whether one says the word "I" or not, if there is a thought, there is an implied I. The sense of disturbance that accompanies it, that sense of "identification," is really what might mark it as self-referential.

The problem is that that sense of identification is itself an illusion... so we are asking about the details of a mirage here.

Good insight, there are even memories that clearly are self-referential or active the self without no direct "I"-thought being in it, for instance visual memories that are autobiographical.

Let me try :D

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Is and isn't is the same thing. Formless is a form. Something and nothing is the same thing.

Why does it exist? Idk,

Few answers

probably existence doesn't need a reason to exist. 

There's no explanation why it exist and it's not logical but existence is not bound by logic, everything is possible even illogical things are possible.

Maybe that no-thingness has some kind of GODS intelligence that is so infinity that it's just infinity that says it all :D

@Leo Gura Is this the right answer? :D

Edited by Salvijus

7 minutes ago, moon777light said:

that doesnt answer anything, no avoiding the question!

The problem is that the very idea of "something" is itself grounded in the misconception of the ego. Pursue that ego and the question will disappear.

10 minutes ago, Outer said:

Is there any suffering?

Is there any pleasure?

Do you still practice?

What practice did you do?

What's the relationship between consciousness and the brain?

No, no, no, self-inquiry and learning to become honest about what I really wanted, I don't know

Well, that's one set of answers, probably the most accurate. I could give another set of answers to the first three questions:

yes, yes, yes

also 

there only appears to be, there only appears to be, there only appears to be

or:

the question is incoherent, the question is incoherent, the question is incoherent

Heh.