SoonHei

Uncontrollable Mind attack during Weed High

7 posts in this topic

Had an episode yesterday when I just couldn't stop the thoughts from arising... Couldn't shift my attention I should say.

It was also hard not to identify with the thoughts because they were all relevant to what I had been thinking about my life plan and work/buying a home etc

So these thoughts were negative, about things going wrong, losing job, losing money on investment of the house... All the what IFs X, Y, Z so on went wrong... all were bubbling up and picking traction

I felt weighted down and heavy by this

I don't know it it stopped. Just basically went thru the beating of the mind

I tried focusing attention on breath but that itself also became heavy. My attention went from my thoughts to my breath but it didn't ease the weight / heavy feeling I felt...

I wasn't so sure how exactly to surrender...

I tired just sitting/Laying on bed and letting the thoughts bubble up but it made it harder as by "surrendering" it kept attachment to thoughts and it were relevant thoughts about life decisions so it affected me more

Saying that I am not my thoughts and merely aware of them didn't help because although I am not my thoughts, the thoughts were about potential things in my future that I'll do which may go wrong

I am in a much calmer and better place now

But I want to know how to better defend against such mind attack next time..

Thank you

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Do you know what strain you smoked? Sativa's are more of a head high which can cause your thoughts to race while indicas are more of a body high. If you live in place where weed is legal then you have the luxury to choose which one is more suitable for you, it will make a difference. Me personally I've always preferred hybrids, best of both worlds, leaning more on the sativa side.

@SoonHei Just smoke less next time and you should be good. Leafly is a good place to check out, very informative about all the strains.

If you wanna get rid of that White Widow, I'll do you a favor and take it off yer hands.  :P

@SoonHeigood share dude! 

One distinction you may want to look into about thought. While it isn’t you, it also is...they are the happening now but they of course aren’t your identity. 

I hardly ever smoke weed but when I do I get so many crazy ideas in my mind of random ass shit. Fun stuff...

there is no defense, just acceptance watch what is happening “now” and carry on! 

In other words don’t resist them :)

Edited by DrewNows

Also creativity should be HUGE! This means giving more weight to the thoughts that can me influenced now. So the thought of sleep now...hell yea 

investigate the psychological thoughts you had while high...let them be but they hold no weight