Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hikmatshiraliyev

Changing Meditation Technique

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys.

I have a question about meditation techniques. There are lots of techniques , and i started to meditate 5 days ago. When i meditate i close my eyes, and trying to be aware of everything. I don't know what is the name of this technique, but Leo said that it is meditation for beginners. I really like meditating, and the question is that ; should i change my technique after some meditation work? Are some techniques better than others? 

It is worth exploring different techniques, but stay with one for at least 1-2 months. Changing them too frequently can bring about a counter-productive effect.

You see, the reason you want to be better, is the reason why you aren’t. Shall I put it like that?

We aren't better, because we want to be.

~ Alan Watts

You don't need a specific techniques except the one that feels natural to you.

Don't need a complicated one too, just being aware and focused on the breath or like you do being aware of everything in your experience are techniques that are totally fine.

There are no advanced techniques, except if you want to sell something ofc ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

At the beginning, when the monkey mind is intense, it's good to have something to concentrate on. Otherwise your mind will be all over the place. So objectless meditation techniques are advanced imo, for them you need at least somewhat silenced and calm mind. But like Shin said, if your technique feels good & natural, absolutely continue!

I'd also recommend researching about kriya yoga. 

5 minutes ago, YoYoYo said:

At the beginning, when the monkey mind is intense, it's good to have something to concentrate on. Otherwise your mind will be all over the place. So objectless meditation techniques are advanced imo, for them you need at least somewhat silenced and calm mind. But like Shin said, if your technique feels good & natural, absolutely continue!

I'd also recommend researching about kriya yoga. 

Advanced in the sense that you need more awareness to do it yes, but those techniques won't bring better results.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I m trying to do the one provided by leo " non thinking / pure stillness / not even try to meditate "

at best I focus on breath currently, and as I have been doing for now

drum music laying down will "space focus, until you become the music" is a form of meditation I suppose, it worked for me all those years, but now I m more serious on the topic.

meditation with music ( drum music electronic or SIMPLE music, like the meditative mind on YT ) is my way, simple music is good for ground me in meditation practice. ( but I try to loose the focus on sound after a while )

there is many form of meditation I suppose, find the one that fits you, books and teaching are goods but they are not the "real practice" they just guide to a certain point.

if the one you're doing currently fits you and "purge your mind", don't change and be regular that's already a good practice, focus on breath and your body feeling.

you can aswell listen hypnosis, ASMR this kind of active meditation.

Edited by Strikr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sbw__MsJZ0

We know nothing, and even, I m not sure. a.V.e

When I first started I was mainly focused on breath and body, so scanning the body from the feet to the crown of the head, using my breath to release the tension in my body withholding me from relaxation. Then I like to imagine white sparkling light resembling veins or roots of a tree, connecting me to the earth, grounding me. Then I focus on each individual chakra and the colors associated until a stream or river of white iridescent light is connecting me to Divine and washing down over me, cleansing and recharging my whole being. Sometimes if meditating inside, I imagine the light traveling outwardly from my room out the roof of my house, surrounding the whole house or neighborhood, it gets very powerful. Working with the chakras balances and sustains your natural energy, you're also focusing on something mindfully, other than the things monkey mind is trying to get you to focus on. And it also helps you practice working with the power of your own energy and the energy around you.

I deeply enjoy Shamanic Drumming or any other type of slow and steady percussion that raises energy while meditating. 

Another helpful technique is visualizing holding orbs of radiating energy in between your hands, you can do with your eyes open or closed, and imagine growing it and expanding it and sending it to yourself and/or outwards to someone or something else, place, or circumstance. 

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

Actual meditation starts only after the nature of thought/self is fully understood with a holistic insight. This insight is powerful enough to act as its own action. Any other action influenced by thought itself is inherently self limiting. To have a insight into the whole of thought then we won’t ask whether we are doing meditation right or not right in regards to “how it’s suppose to be done”. Holistic insight puts order in the action we take. Then meditation can begin and is not limited by psychological time/thought and its predetermined/or premeditated nature. 

This from what I have seen is the biggest hurtle. The continuity of the self wants to tag along in the journey to truth. To go beyond that continuity/self has to end dudes. 

Edited by Jack River