Brittany

Teal Swan on human connection being the way to Enlightenment?

26 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, aurum said:

That's an oversimplification of what she is suggesting.

Teal herself has done lots of meditative solo work, she even talks about her Shamanic journey in her latest video. I don't think she's telling anybody to not do those kind of things.

Rather, I think she's trying to get rid of this idea that spirituality = not needing other people.

You are right!

There is a lot more depth to the teaching.

I do see some loop holes. Because you have to go heavily into the maya to do this work. Relationships bring you into a world of paradox and "dreaming".

But maybe she will flesh out the paradox in the future.

Edited by Brittany

@Leo Gura Why do the Enlightened gurus of today have or had wives? What is the meaning of a relationship to them? How is it different? It would be great if you did an advanced video on relationships in the future, I think more people than just me were talking about this :) 

Also, if you go meditate into a cave or a forest, it doesnt really matter, doesnt it mean that you have almost no life-purpose? I think that these highly developed people are needed to participate on the function of our society, what Sadhguru is doing seems very revolutional.

@bejapuskas An enlightened person is not limited by any rules. He/she can enjoy all the comforts of life, including marriage.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

28 minutes ago, bejapuskas said:

@Leo Gura It would be great if you did an advanced video on relationships in the future, I think more people than just me were talking about this :) 

+1

I feel the same. Relationships are filled with so much paradox. It's an unsolvable puzzle.

Once you think you've solved the puzzle, there is still mountains more to learn.

Teal Swan is trying to reach the masses at where they are at. 

There is no point telling them 'all is one' and 'we are an illusion' and 'everything is meaningless'

They will get there, but not yet.

First they need to become one with themselves, and they do that by connecting with the aspects of themselves they have suppressed and connecting with everyone else around them. This raises their awareness, this starts to wake them up. 

Our egos are as fragmented as infinity is right now. A perfect mirror of our outer reality. First we need to heal the ego, before we can transcend it. 

To get to where we need to get to, we first, need to work from within, connect all the parts of ourselves together first, then with other beings (outer fragments) and then we'll collectively be at a stage where we can let it all go.. 

There is no point in having random enlightened people who then die. And can't reach anyone else as no one can relate to them. We need to enlighten together, collectively. Our individual souls don't exist from an enlightenment person's perspective anyway. Your personal enlightenment journey is not enlightenment without the rest of us waking up with you. The rest of us, being 'God' God will enlighten, when every soul does. So this is the beginning of collective awakening. Starting with connection.

Here's an anology.

A clay jug smashes into pieces. You want to drink out of it. You can't pick each fragment up and try and drink out of it, it won't work, you'll waste so much time. The water won't stay in, it needs it's other parts.

The clay jug is 'God'

The smashed pieces are our 'physical reality'

The water wanting to be filled in it is 'enlightenment'

So the end goal is to put water in it. That's not going away. But first you need to put it back together again. And then once it's back you can fill it with water. Imagine if you spent the whole time just picking up bits and trying to make them fill with water.... !?!? 

You cant teach a baby to run before it first crawls and then walks.

This is just my personal theory anyway.

The water and the jug were not mutually inclusive.

They changed the general state.

You could not have, at first, changed one without the dependence of another, however, in this story.