Brittany

Teal Swan on human connection being the way to Enlightenment?

26 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of Teal Swan's new teachings on human connection being the path towards enlightenment?

That all suffering is due to our inability to connect to other people. And the only reason spiritual people are even on the "spiritual path" is due to relationship bonds that were broken in their past that split their psyche into parts. And so through healing connection with other people (other people are YOU), the human psyche will repair itself and it will end suffering and separation on the planet.

Her advice is going in the opposite direction of the "monk" path.

That instead of going on your own into solitude to meditate and heal --- to go in the direction of connection with other people.

Since I guess the idea is that "there is no other" and "the other is you". So if you heal your connection with people, you heal it with yourself.

I am worried that even though this is true and can be done --- it will make many people , especially someone in stage blue or stage orange, become stuck. And cause them to fall into rabbit holes and traps on the journey.

Because it is through aloneness and silence, that you usually spot bullshit. And through connecting with the other, your mind gets noisy and unclear.

Can people reach stage Turquoise with this method?

Edited by Brittany

2 hours ago, Brittany said:

That instead of going on your own into solitude to meditate and heal --- to go in the direction of connection with other people.

Ramana Maharsi never told people to leave their jobs etc except for very rare people, it takes so few non-self-referential thoughts to function in society.

I didn't watch it yet, and I like Teal's stuff, but I dunno….it sounds to me like she's endorsing attachment and clinging. Just going from what you wrote, she's saying that our happiness is dependent on impermanent outside sources.

It's very very unlikely to make you enlightened.

The #1 requirement for enlightenment is laser focus for hours on end.

There is a good reason why the most enlightened sages were hermits and recluses. "Human stuff" is a giant distraction.

Nothing wrong with building deep relationships, but it will get you mired deep in human stuff when you want to be delving into metaphysical stuff.

You can also do both, by scheduling 10-day solo retreats throughout the year. This way you can have relationships without going full-monk, but you can also get some of that monk experience. This is probably the ideal for most people, unless you're really drawn to go full-monk.

Anyhow, all those humans are none other than yourself. There is no one here but you. God is forever alone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, GeoLura said:

forever-alone-rage-comic-meme_a-G-12360830-13198933.jpg

No one to be alone if this is all there is 

No contrast to feel alone.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It is pretty simple really, using others to better understand ourselves. Teaching people not to be so self centered (or raising them to be). Giving focus on the collective in any given exchange. She explains how human interaction is in our innate being as we were dependent since birth. Our connections with people directly reflect our connections with ourselves. Compassion is definitely the right way to go. In oneness there is love and compassion. 

@Shin Yes, but when your not yet at that level it's a depressing realization for the ego :ph34r:

23 minutes ago, GeoLura said:

@Shin Yes, but when your not yet at that level it's a depressing realization for the ego :ph34r:

Why do you let a thought superimpose it's own limitations on Consciousness? Is it a thought that knows? No! Only Awareness knows. Why do you take the authority of thought as something truthful?

22 minutes ago, Strikr said:

I know all of them by their nameBird - Swan Mute Gillian Day Slimbridge Oct 2010.png

Did you really have to post this?? I mean...how will I unsee this shit now? -_-

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 hours ago, Brittany said:

That all suffering is due to our inability to connect to other people. And the only reason spiritual people are even on the "spiritual path" is due to relationship bonds that were broken in their past that split their psyche into parts. And so through healing connection with other people (other people are YOU), the human psyche will repair itself and it will end suffering and separation on the planet.

I would say that separation from others is caused by the mind and all suffering too. It depends on how one defines suffering though.

8 hours ago, Brittany said:

I am worried that even though this is true and can be done --- it will make many people , especially someone in stage blue or stage orange, become stuck. And cause them to fall into rabbit holes and traps on the journey.

Because it is through aloneness and silence, that you usually spot bullshit. And through connecting with the other, your mind gets noisy and unclear.

Can people reach stage Turquoise with this method?

What I've heard is that awakening through the heart takes longer time than awakening through mind but both are legit ways though.

48 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

It is pretty simple really, using others to better understand ourselves. Teaching people not to be so self centered (or raising them to be). Giving focus on the collective in any given exchange. She explains how human interaction is in our innate being as we were dependent since birth. Our connections with people directly reflect our connections with ourselves. Compassion is definitely the right way to go. In oneness there is love and compassion. 

Indeed..

Relationship is aloneness...??

I think it’s important to understand the difference between aloneness and isolation. One is a reaction and the other is absent any kind of positive/negative movement of choice. In most cases the monk ‘escapes’ to a cave to bring about a sense of “their own” connection with the whole. As in a motive born of time(self centered action). It’s like trying to bring about relationship/connection by reacting to the lack of connection/relationship, or moving positively towards connection/harmony by reacting to lack of silence/harmony. This action is actually born of isolation/alienation. 

One may soon see that true aloneness does not arise out of positive/negative action/reaction, but arises without conditioned response of self(choice), in either direction forward or backward. It is rather total and complete action that arises from seeing the true nature of WHAT IS , as in connection/relationship as an interdependent whole itself. 

Relationship/connection/communion is the essence of aloneness. Aloneness implies wholeness. Life is relationship, and relationship is life. Without relationship “enlightenment” means nothing, and there will be no enlightened consciousness.  In order for an enlightened consciousness the conditioned reaction of resistance/attachment-identification and its tendency to seek refuge in escape/seclusion must end.

It’s important to remember that being truly alone does not mean being secluded/isolated, but is found in connection itself...Yes there is a need physical/mental space and silence to explore, learn, to see clearly without distraction, but true understanding/leaning/SEEING comes with seeing the actuality of connection/relationship. 

As one starts to explore/understand themselves, they see that relationship reveals one’s true motives/intentions and shows the reality of what is the case in themselves. There reality of hidden resistance/attachment/identification can be a tool to see clearly in relationship. 

Relationship is the perhaps the greatest teacher. One soon comes to realize that running away to a cave is simply a reactionary response and expression/compulsion to disconnect/detach to self sustain the independent “i”. This action is ultimately born of fear/resistance. The hermit that escapes to the hills and resides in a cave is whether he thinks or not still related to what he/she calls the rat race/world of distraction. Such an action is still influenced by illusion. 

The question one can ask is what gives rise to the action we take? Is it a reactionary response born of alienation/isolation, resistance-fear, or is it intelligent action born of actual freedom?

Or is it action born of wholeness/aloneness, and CREATIVE? 

Do we see the necessity of Freedom without reaction/attachment/resistance? 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's very very unlikely to make you enlightened.

The #1 requirement for enlightenment is laser focus for hours on end.

There is a good reason why the most enlightened sages were hermits and recluses. "Human stuff" is a giant distraction.

Nothing wrong with building deep relationships, but it will get you mired deep in human stuff when you want to be delving into metaphysical stuff.

You can also do both.

Anyhow, all those humans are none other than yourself. There is no one here but you. God is forever alone.

amen

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

1 hour ago, Faceless said:

Relationship is aloneness...??

I think it’s important to understand the difference between aloneness and isolation. One is a reaction and the other is absent any kind of positive/negative movement of choice. In most cases the monk ‘escapes’ to a cave to bring about a sense of “their own” connection with the whole. As in a motive born of time(self centered action). It’s like trying to bring about relationship/connection by reacting to the lack of connection/relationship, or moving positively towards connection/harmony by reacting to lack of silence/harmony. This action is actually born of isolation/alienation. 

One may soon see that true aloneness does not arise out of positive/negative action/reaction, but arises without conditioned response of self(choice), in either direction forward or backward. It is rather total and complete action that arises from seeing the true nature of WHAT IS , as in connection/relationship as an interdependent whole itself. 

Relationship/connection/communion is the essence of aloneness. Aloneness implies wholeness. Life is relationship, and relationship is life. Without relationship “enlightenment” means nothing, and there will be no enlightened consciousness.  In order for an enlightened consciousness the conditioned reaction of resistance/attachment-identification and its tendency to seek refuge in escape/seclusion must end.

It’s important to remember that being truly alone does not mean being secluded/isolated, but is found in connection itself...Yes there is a need physical/mental space and silence to explore, learn, to see clearly without distraction, but true understanding/leaning/SEEING comes with seeing the actuality of connection/relationship. 

As one starts to explore/understand themselves, they see that relationship reveals one’s true motives/intentions and shows the reality of what is the case in themselves. There reality of hidden resistance/attachment/identification can be a tool to see clearly in relationship. 

Relationship is the perhaps the greatest teacher. One soon comes to realize that running away to a cave is simply a reactionary response and expression/compulsion to disconnect/detach to self sustain the independent “i”. This action is ultimately born of fear/resistance. The hermit that escapes to the hills and resides in a cave is whether he thinks or not still related to what he/she calls the rat race/world of distraction. Such an action is still influenced by illusion. 

The question one can ask is what gives rise to the action we take? Is it a reactionary response born of alienation/isolation, resistance-fear, or is it intelligent action born of actual freedom?

Or is it action born of wholeness/aloneness, and CREATIVE? 

Do we see the necessity of Freedom without reaction/attachment/resistance? 

Fosho man. People seem to want to “enlighten” through self centered means. They try and cultivate focus/time which means the incentive becomes a product of conflict. This is an action that comes from feeling separate/isolated. But we may see that Conflict itself is a response of fear, resistance. And fear always moves towards security. So every step we take is limited to the conditioned pattern of isolation which the goal is then always superficial/self centered and narrow as a result. With this type conditioned momentum total insight/perception is always prevented. Total/holistic insight is unconditioned action. We look to become enlightened as the individual, and not as consciousness as a whole. I feel ya dude?

11 hours ago, Brittany said:

That's an oversimplification of what she is suggesting.

Teal herself has done lots of meditative solo work, she even talks about her Shamanic journey in her latest video. I don't think she's telling anybody to not do those kind of things.

Rather, I think she's trying to get rid of this idea that spirituality = not needing other people. Everything is interdependent on everything else. And you can heal the ego by accepting the parts of yourself you've been rejecting.

I think she's absolutely right.

In my experience, I had to connect with any each of you and any human being on this planet in order to see further into the darkness. 

We are all connected, but not at a conscious level. Yes, there is a deeper level than consciousness. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@FacelessWell said friend. Whole heartily agree!

1 hour ago, Jack River said:

Fosho man. People seem to want to “enlighten” through self centered means. They try and cultivate focus/time which means the incentive becomes a product of conflict. This is an action that comes from feeling separate/isolated. But we may see that Conflict itself is a response of fear, resistance. And fear always moves towards security. So every step we take is limited to the conditioned pattern of isolation which the goal is then always superficial/self centered and narrow as a result. With this type conditioned momentum total insight/perception is always prevented. Total/holistic insight is unconditioned action. We look to become enlightened as the individual, and not as consciousness as a whole. I feel ya dude?

@Jack RiverPart of the case for this may be, for those with knowledge of "enlightenment", their limited understanding being this "idea" of how it should be perpetuating the division of self

Relationships are a great growth opportunity if done with such intent.

The problem is most people don't do them that way so they become the opposite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@FacelessWell said friend. Whole heartily agree!

@Jack RiverPart of the case for this may be, for those with knowledge of "enlightenment", their limited understanding being this "idea" of how it should be perpetuating the division of self

Yeah maybe. The self looks for “ways”, which is accumulated from knowledge/cultivation to what it thinks will bring about a coherence. But in this action has its root in incoherence. The self is not aware that it is trying to come to a place of wholeness or from a place that implies divison/isolation. This is why freedom from incoherence comes first and foremost. Which means psychological freedom, as in seeing the falsness of psychological time and its destructive nature and ending that conditioned pattern of resistance or conflict..Incoherence means conflict, and to cultivate conflict means no relationship. No relationship=conflict and conflict= more fragmentation individually or inwardly and collectively or outward. 

12 hours ago, Brittany said:

Which is what I think this points too. 

Edited by Jack River