MsNobody

10 years of solitary confinement

6 posts in this topic

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-astral-hustle-with-cory-allen/id1033011814?mt=2&i=1000423209677

the guy was in solitary confinement for 10 years and 18 total in prison and managed to learn magic and do meditation, apparently he reached some deep states of meditation and awareness. Very interesting 

West Memphis Three member Damien Echols has lived a life none of us can imagine. In the mid 90’s, Damien and two others were wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to death. He lived on death row for 18 years, 10 of which he was in solitary confinement. The HBO documentary Paradise Lost covered his story and brought the case to the attention of the public. Eventually, forensic evidence proved Damien’s innocence and he was released from prison. After his release, he wrote the NYT bestselling book Life After Death.

But how did Damien get through 10 years in solitary confinement? By studying and practicing magick and meditation. On this podcast, we go deep into what Damien experienced during his time in prison, how he was able to take ownership of his life and his new book High Magick: A Guide to the Spiritual Practices That Saved My Life on Death Row.

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Maya is a bitch.

First it forces you into prison where one finds about it,

one takes on certain character,

one overcomes it,

immediately it kicks one out.

Despite of knowing  one takes on different character.

Further, further is the only way ...

On 06/11/2018 at 3:56 AM, SerpaeTetra said:

I guess that is one thing to look forward to in case you go to prison.

If you are in a prision in a first world country, maybe. Here in Brazil you will be tossed in a tiny cell with 30 other inmates, no ventilation, no bathroom(just a hole), sickness, violence, rape everywhere, good luck trying to meditate here. But i guess is the only thing one could do.