Leo Gura

Actualized Tour Coming Soon To A City Near You

332 posts in this topic

I live in the tiniest state of the country, where the film Dumb & Dumber was created. I doubt Leo would fancy coming here :P lol 

Again, I'm not sure if Leo would be down for this sort of thing but I really feel that it would be pretty sweet to attend some type of live Actualized event such as through a video networking platform to learn Leo's stuff directly and engage with the community more vividly.  

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love" 

So there was still no tour, right?

Sounds cool. I get a Mystery feeling (the PUA).

I would go to the US alone if that weren't so scary. Maybe I should start saving:D

That would be really new exp, eh?;)

This is a bit of an old thread that has been bumped but I still hope that this event could happen some time soon, especially now that most restrictions are being lifted.

@Leo Gura Any updates on this?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

I remember Leo mentioning somewhere that his health problems make it difficult for a tour. 

@Leo Gura Any update on this? Would be nice to get either a 'possibly still going to happen' or a definite 'not happening.'

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

On 06/11/2018 at 1:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

So I've decided to give this tour a shot. The details are still yet to be determined but tentatively I'm hoping to visit about 10 cities in the next year around the US.

This tour would happen in 3 phases:

Phase #1: Los Angeles, San Fran, Seattle
Phase #2: Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, NY
Phase #3: Austin, Atlanta, Miami

Perhaps not in exactly that order, but something akin to that. We will adjust cities based on demand. But Phase #1 seems fairly certain to happen in that order.

It would work as follows:

• I would fly into the city on Friday
  • Around 6-7pm on Friday we would meet in a hotel conference room where I would give a talk on some new topic followed by some group exercises and Q&A.
  • This would all last about 2-3 hrs long in total, with about 10-30 people attending (depending on demand).
  • This would perhaps be followed by a dinner at a local eatery, depending on crowd size. Probably limited to 10 people max as it gets unwieldy with a party over 10.
  • Cost: estimated around $30/person
  • Cost of attending dinner: some amount just to keep the group to 10 max + you pay for your dinner

I would visit at least 1 city per month, maybe as much as 1 city every 2 weeks. The schedule would vary to avoid conflict with holidays but the meetings would be held on Friday evenings.

Locations outside USA are too cost and time prohibitive right now. Europe might be possible if and when Phase #3 is successfully completed, but that's too early to talk about yet.

I'm doing this in phases because I have no idea yet how many people would show up in which cities. If fewer than 10, it's not really worth doing due to the expenses of travel, hotel, meeting room, car, and time. 10-30 would be ideal for now. More than 30 requires larger, more expensive meeting rooms but I doubt we'll have this problem at this stage.

If there is interest I might also design a one-day mini-workshop which I would teach on the following day: Saturday. With the idea being that if you like the Friday talk and you want to do a more in-depth training the following day, that might cost $100-$200 for let's say a 4-hour training. This extra mini-workshop day would help cover my costs of travel and it would be a good learning experience for you. But for the mini-workshop to be practical there would have to be at least 5 people paying. Otherwise it's not worth the hassle.

The trick in planning this out is that I have no idea how many people would be interested in this in each of the above cities, let alone show up. The only way to find out is to actually schedule the dates and do it. So I will probably be making concrete plans shortly for Los Angeles, San Fran, & Seattle. After those 3 are complete we could assess how things went, make improvements, and schedule new cities. Or, if not enough people show up, then Phase #1 will be the end of this experiment.

Let me know what ya'll think.

This would probably only work if those who want to attend can convince 1 or 2 friends to come as well.

One of the biggest benefits of these meet ups would be the ability to network and make friends with self-actualizers in your city. So you don't just get to meet me, but you get to make some new local friends who are into this work who you can hang out with for years to come.

I'm excited to do some talking and socializing in the non-digital realm ;)

Alleluiaaaa

On 06/11/2018 at 1:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

So I've decided to give this tour a shot. The details are still yet to be determined but tentatively I'm hoping to visit about 10 cities in the next year around the US.

This tour would happen in 3 phases:

Phase #1: Los Angeles, San Fran, Seattle
Phase #2: Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, NY
Phase #3: Austin, Atlanta, Miami

Perhaps not in exactly that order, but something akin to that. We will adjust cities based on demand. But Phase #1 seems fairly certain to happen in that order.

It would work as follows:

• I would fly into the city on Friday
  • Around 6-7pm on Friday we would meet in a hotel conference room where I would give a talk on some new topic followed by some group exercises and Q&A.
  • This would all last about 2-3 hrs long in total, with about 10-30 people attending (depending on demand).
  • This would perhaps be followed by a dinner at a local eatery, depending on crowd size. Probably limited to 10 people max as it gets unwieldy with a party over 10.
  • Cost: estimated around $30/person
  • Cost of attending dinner: some amount just to keep the group to 10 max + you pay for your dinner

I would visit at least 1 city per month, maybe as much as 1 city every 2 weeks. The schedule would vary to avoid conflict with holidays but the meetings would be held on Friday evenings.

Locations outside USA are too cost and time prohibitive right now. Europe might be possible if and when Phase #3 is successfully completed, but that's too early to talk about yet.

I'm doing this in phases because I have no idea yet how many people would show up in which cities. If fewer than 10, it's not really worth doing due to the expenses of travel, hotel, meeting room, car, and time. 10-30 would be ideal for now. More than 30 requires larger, more expensive meeting rooms but I doubt we'll have this problem at this stage.

If there is interest I might also design a one-day mini-workshop which I would teach on the following day: Saturday. With the idea being that if you like the Friday talk and you want to do a more in-depth training the following day, that might cost $100-$200 for let's say a 4-hour training. This extra mini-workshop day would help cover my costs of travel and it would be a good learning experience for you. But for the mini-workshop to be practical there would have to be at least 5 people paying. Otherwise it's not worth the hassle.

The trick in planning this out is that I have no idea how many people would be interested in this in each of the above cities, let alone show up. The only way to find out is to actually schedule the dates and do it. So I will probably be making concrete plans shortly for Los Angeles, San Fran, & Seattle. After those 3 are complete we could assess how things went, make improvements, and schedule new cities. Or, if not enough people show up, then Phase #1 will be the end of this experiment.

Let me know what ya'll think.

This would probably only work if those who want to attend can convince 1 or 2 friends to come as well.

One of the biggest benefits of these meet ups would be the ability to network and make friends with self-actualizers in your city. So you don't just get to meet me, but you get to make some new local friends who are into this work who you can hang out with for years to come.

I'm excited to do some talking and socializing in the non-digital realm ;)

Alleluiaaaa

Just imagine doing this meet up while all participants are under effect of some psycadelics, for example some dose of Mushrooms. 

6 minutes ago, Rafael Thundercat said:

Just imagine doing this meet up while all participants are under effect of some psycadelics, for example some dose of Mushrooms. 

What would that add to it? 

I live in southwest va! I’d totally drive up to New York for this. If you did one in northern va/DC that would be awesome too!

I doubt you would be doing anything in Southwest VA (Roanoke) since it’s definitely a lower population density than a lot of these other places. If for some reason you did come down this way, you are welcome to stay in my home and borrow my spare car to help cut down on your expenses. Just shoot me a message if southwest ends up on your plan at all and if that would be helpful!

Oh, this thread again! Like seeing an old friend. Not gonna happen.

Unless I just jinxed it into happening, then more power to me! I mean, there must be a reason this hasn’t been locked yet, right? ?