Leo Gura

Actualized Tour Coming Soon To A City Near You

332 posts in this topic

So I've decided to give this tour a shot. The details are still yet to be determined but tentatively I'm hoping to visit about 10 cities in the next year around the US.

This tour would happen in 3 phases:

Phase #1: Los Angeles, San Fran, Seattle
Phase #2: Phoenix, Dallas, Chicago, NY
Phase #3: Austin, Atlanta, Miami

Perhaps not in exactly that order, but something akin to that. We will adjust cities based on demand. But Phase #1 seems fairly certain to happen in that order.

It would work as follows:

• I would fly into the city on Friday
  • Around 6-7pm on Friday we would meet in a hotel conference room where I would give a talk on some new topic followed by some group exercises and Q&A.
  • This would all last about 2-3 hrs long in total, with about 10-30 people attending (depending on demand).
  • This would perhaps be followed by a dinner at a local eatery, depending on crowd size. Probably limited to 10 people max as it gets unwieldy with a party over 10.
  • Cost: estimated around $30/person
  • Cost of attending dinner: some amount just to keep the group to 10 max + you pay for your dinner

I would visit at least 1 city per month, maybe as much as 1 city every 2 weeks. The schedule would vary to avoid conflict with holidays but the meetings would be held on Friday evenings.

Locations outside USA are too cost and time prohibitive right now. Europe might be possible if and when Phase #3 is successfully completed, but that's too early to talk about yet.

I'm doing this in phases because I have no idea yet how many people would show up in which cities. If fewer than 10, it's not really worth doing due to the expenses of travel, hotel, meeting room, car, and time. 10-30 would be ideal for now. More than 30 requires larger, more expensive meeting rooms but I doubt we'll have this problem at this stage.

If there is interest I might also design a one-day mini-workshop which I would teach on the following day: Saturday. With the idea being that if you like the Friday talk and you want to do a more in-depth training the following day, that might cost $100-$200 for let's say a 4-hour training. This extra mini-workshop day would help cover my costs of travel and it would be a good learning experience for you. But for the mini-workshop to be practical there would have to be at least 5 people paying. Otherwise it's not worth the hassle.

The trick in planning this out is that I have no idea how many people would be interested in this in each of the above cities, let alone show up. The only way to find out is to actually schedule the dates and do it. So I will probably be making concrete plans shortly for Los Angeles, San Fran, & Seattle. After those 3 are complete we could assess how things went, make improvements, and schedule new cities. Or, if not enough people show up, then Phase #1 will be the end of this experiment.

Let me know what ya'll think.

This would probably only work if those who want to attend can convince 1 or 2 friends to come as well.

One of the biggest benefits of these meet ups would be the ability to network and make friends with self-actualizers in your city. So you don't just get to meet me, but you get to make some new local friends who are into this work who you can hang out with for years to come.

I'm excited to do some talking and socializing in the non-digital realm ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

+1 to NYC and +1 to workshop 
i have a friend that might be interested as well. he might be out of the country but, he loves ur vids too

what if you did a non-refundable pre-paid thing to gauge interest? 

Edited by d0ornokey

This is a great idea! 

Hopefully, after a number of successful meeting, you will find your way to the cold North (Canada). :D

Will you be recording and sharing the talks on the channel or blog? 

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

Maybe NY but need to know the date first. 

Might have to decide on short notice. Because of work. 

Edited by SFRL

5 minutes ago, Arthur said:

This is a great idea! 

Hopefully, after a number of successful meeting, you will find your way to the cold North (Canada). :D

Vancouver is possible. Maybe Toronto if there is enough demand.

9 minutes ago, SFRL said:

Maybe NY but need to know the date first. 

Might have to decide on short notice.

The dates will be set and announced long ahead of time so that people can be mobilized to sign up.

You would have to sign up online and submit payment ($30) to reserve your spot. Otherwise many people will flake. And also because I need to know how big of a meeting room to book. Every room has a max occupancy which is commonly 15, 20, 30, or 40 people.

If I'm flying out there, you gotta show up. It costs at least $500-$700 to fly out to even nearby cities.

@Leo Gura Maybe send out a survey and do some basic market research. With the influence you have on this forum, it'd be a joke. Start a new post and ask people from 1-5 how likely they'd be to attend (for each city). The people who say (4/5) multiply by 0.3. And the people who say (5/5) multiply by 0.8. This will give you a somewhat realistic idea of the turnout. I'd definitely come to New York, and I'd definitely stay for Saturday!

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The dates will be set and announced long ahead of time so that people can be mobilized to sign up.

You would have to sign up online and submit payment to reserve your spot. Otherwise many people will flake.

If I'm flying out there, you gotta show up.

If I know in advance I can request the days off. 

I'd be down for either Dallas or Austin, although I'm from Houston myself.

So who would be the best to attend this? I mean I'm focused on spiritual growth, and someone else might be focused on their life purpose.

see you in Phoenix

"Teach thy tongue to say 'I do not know', and thou shalt progress." - Maimonides

13 minutes ago, Elysian said:

So who would be the best to attend this? I mean I'm focused on spiritual growth, and someone else might be focused on their life purpose.

That's a good question. I imagine my talks will be in the vein of Actualized.org videos. With some new helpful in-person group exercises which would be focused on raising general consciousness & self awareness. This would be useful for all people across the board, basically delving you into consciousness work.

I don't think we'd directly work on life purpose, but consciousness work will help with all your goals, from career to relationships to spirituality.

We would probably be exploring topics like emotional mastery, fear, judgment, confidence, self-esteem, self-deception, spirituality, meditation techniques, body awareness, nonduality, shadow work, motivation, getting unstuck, etc.

@Leo Gura

I think it’s awesome man. Respect for taking the leap of faith on this.

Also, I got you when you come to Miami. I’m connected with a lot of people here who would want to see you.

29 minutes ago, Arthur said:

Maybe. We'll see.

I'd be willing to travel to America to meet you Leo. Hope you will also be going  international too

Edited by herghly

5 minutes ago, herghly said:

When will this begin? 

Fairly soon. The first meet would be within 1-2 months. Perhaps early December before the holiday rush. Possibly even November 30th. But no sooner than that because I want to give people plenty of time to know about it.

But Leoooo, you said that enlightenment is easier to achieve with less distractions. Now you're saying to bring a +1? xD

30 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If I'm flying out there, you gotta show up. It costs at least $500-$700 to fly out to even nearby cities.

There are direct flights from Vegas -> Detroit on Southwest. I can get a RT ticket for about $100 worth of miles. I'd gift it to you if there is interest in the Detroit area.