Aaron p

99% of the "spiritual" people I talk to...don't seem to have a clue?

36 posts in this topic

I know that this is apparently really advanced spiritual stuff we have going on here...but you'd think more people would be aware of it, apparently not. The vast majority of the "spiritual" people I've spoken with, are only interested in improving their life and helping others do so.

That's good and all, but no1 is telling me how to get enlightened. Not even the Buddhist priest I asked. And when I asked a few reuglars around the temple if they'd ever experienced a spiritual awakening or insight they kind of laughed as if I just cracked a joke.

Now, I do live in Northern Ireland...and it's a lot smaller than usual countries. But I'm searching for spiritual groups...i guess what I'm asking is: what are we. What do I search on Google to search for lectures on the topics discussed on this site?...I've tried Buddhists, hare chrishna's (mad cunts), Christians, "spiritualists"/holistic teachers, yoga places...none

Does anyone else find this or is it just me??

@Aaron p your frustration tells me that you're on the right track.

here's a clue: you can't trust anyone who gives you an answer to your question.

there's no authority on the entire universe other than your own direct experience.

i repeat: there's no authority on the entire universe. you're all alone.

unborn Truth

@Aaron p Not sure about Ireland but there are tons of nondual groups in London I'm sure.

What you're looking for is nonduality. Or maybe some kind of meditative yoga center. Not Hatha yoga but serious Indian meditative yoga like Kundalini yoga, Kriya yoga, etc.

In Vegas we have a pretty good Indian yoga center. But that will vary a lot city to city.

Usually you have to travel to find good nondual teachers. Isn't Rupert Spira in the UK? That might be your best bet. I've traveled to far away places to seek out the best teachers. It is worth it.

In the old days folks would fly to India.

Also Sadhguru has yoga initiations in London I'm sure. Maybe even Ireland.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Each person has their own issues.  It's hard to take one person and truly compare him  with another.  I'm very touch and go with advice that I take from other people.  I'm grateful for the advice, but at the end of the day, I realize the limitations of hearsay input too.  To compare me to another person is like comparing broccoli with carrots.  They're both vegetables true, but they have significant differences as well.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Isn't Rupert Spira in the UK? That might be your best bet.

@Aaron p Spira lives in Oxford but from what I can tell travels for most of his longer retreats. He does do a two hour session in Oxford every couple of months (depending on his schedule) which only costs £10 - of course I appreciate there is travel on top of that. His website lists all his upcoming groups.

Have you encountered Lisa Cairns? She does regular webcasts you can Skype call her on

Edited by Telepresent

40 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

@Aaron p Spira lives in Oxford but from what I can tell travels for most of his longer retreats. He does do a two hour session in Oxford every couple of months (depending on his schedule) which only costs £10 - of course I appreciate there is travel on top of that. His website lists all his upcoming groups.

Have you encountered Lisa Cairns? She does regular webcasts you can Skype call her on

@Charlotte

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

53 minutes ago, Shiva said:

For this reason I love this forum. Having so many serious people in one place is extremely rare.

Even then that seems to be a minority here. 

Not trying to claim im serious. Im not - kind of.

More like I am moving forward in which I see fit. Ramping up slowly over time.

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

The problem with most so called "spiritual" people essentially is that they are stage green, but they think they are turquoise. 

They talk spiritually, they dress spiritually, they eat spiritually, but they are not really spiritual beyond this facade. 

You can certainly find serious people, but they are harder to find since true spirituality is not something that is easy to market.

For this reason I love this forum. Having so many serious people in one place is extremely rare.

^^ this

I have similar problem too. Here all the spiritual ppl are either ppl into yoga (most havent heard about nonduality) or the haru krishna/some indian devotee ppl. Those are the worst since they wont even allow discussion and only see their word as the Truth. 

I wonder if it would be a good idea to attempt to make nondual groups to attract people 

2 hours ago, moon777light said:

^^ this

I have similar problem too. Here all the spiritual ppl are either ppl into yoga (most havent heard about nonduality) or the haru krishna/some indian devotee ppl. Those are the worst since they wont even allow discussion and only see their word as the Truth. 

I wonder if it would be a good idea to attempt to make nondual groups to attract people 

You'd be surprised who you can meet. I met a guy in a dragon ball z FB fan group that had ideas I only learned when I got into nonduality. Hes only heard of nonduality when I mentioned it but a lot of his ideas are getting close to those levels of contemplation.

Amazing what you can achieve on your 'own'

Many "spiritual" people wear their spirituality like a gucci handbag. Often the people who don't display their spirituality outwardly in an obvious manner have the deepest understanding.

Careful not to judge people either way.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@Gabriel Antonio comprehend existence, become god, understand reality, go to heaven. Just the normal stuff mate

14 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

Why do you want to "get enlightened"? 

On 11/6/2018 at 6:49 PM, Aaron p said:

comprehend existence, become god, understand reality, go to heaven. Just the normal stuff mate

So, I recommend attending a Vipassana retreat. 

I say for most people spirituality is just another way to bullshit themselves if it was otherwise they ould be enlightened ;)

On 11/6/2018 at 9:49 PM, Aaron p said:

@Gabriel Antonio comprehend existence, become god, understand reality, go to heaven. Just the normal stuff mate

before enlightenment chop wood carry water, after enlightenment chop wood carry water

On 6/11/2018 at 3:03 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Aaron p Not sure about Ireland but there are tons of nondual groups in London I'm sure.

What you're looking for is nonduality. Or maybe some kind of meditative yoga center. Not Hatha yoga but serious Indian meditative yoga like Kundalini yoga, Kriya yoga, etc.

In Vegas we have a pretty good Indian yoga center. But that will vary a lot city to city.

Usually you have to travel to find good nondual teachers. Isn't Rupert Spira in the UK? That might be your best bet. I've traveled to far away places to seek out the best teachers. It is worth it.

In the old days folks would fly to India.

Also Sadhguru has yoga initiations in London I'm sure. Maybe even Ireland.

Just a note regarding Hatha Yoga, just because it´s usually the most common teaching choosed by Western yoga culture, doesn´t mean there is not going to be non-dual people who its primary Yoga of choose is Hatha. (I say this because people in the forum might get the wrong idea and think that doing Hatha will only deliver them physical benefits and they must practice other type of yoga if their primary objetive its consciousness) since I´ve noticed quite a few times that you tend to generalize Hatha Yoga into just being Gimnastics. This is simply not true.

I´ve tried Kriya, Kundalini, and Hatha Yoga, and the latter is the one who has given me until now more results in terms of increased awareness, whereas Kundalini or Kriya was really frustrating and I found myself getting in lost in monkey mind or getting distracted by so many concepts and instructions. Of course, this  doesn´t mean that part of its complication its justified, but that the simplicity and apparent not so mystic character of Hatha Yoga, can also deliver powerful experiences as the most simple meditation technique can deliver vs a complicated one can.

Edited by Javfly33

On 11/6/2018 at 3:49 PM, Aaron p said:

you may not be ready to hear this, but its always best to atleast say.  Your it, the life thats already happening, with you, all the "not-spiritual people", crap in the world, parents, friends, current thoughts, past thoughts, future thoughts, is ALLL it.  Its it, your it, were it.  There is not one not it. 

If your still yearning for this understanding, maybe meditation will help, perhaps kriya yoga, seriously pray to god or anything out there that may help you understand (I'm serious there are beings out there that will help) and see what happens.  But remember, even during this "search" the infinity of the universe is already you living this search out.... enjoy man.