Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
d0ornokey

When am I ready for psychedelics?

3 posts in this topic

Leo in his orange video said that stage orange people are ready for it. Do I need a history of meditation (I have a 10 months history of 30 mins/day) and do I need a non dual foundation? I have very little understanding of non duality. Barely have contemplated it or really know what I means.

the reason i want to take it is because i feel like i should be taking it 

however, at the same time, my maslows is pretty unstable right now (almost the whole thing lol), so im a bit scared that it will make my life a lot harder after I do it

the reason i want to do it is because i see a lot of people doing it and i feel like i should start it soon because it's the most important thing that i should be doing. i also dont want to regret not having started earlier, saving lots of time and being efficient in my growth processes 

Edited by d0ornokey

No one can make the decision for you, it's is something you have to decide for yourself. I can offer some input on the matter.

How old are you? As a general rule, psychedelics are not for teens, you should be an adult before you test the waters with psychedelics. If you're not an adult yet, there is your answer.

Taking them because you feel like you should or feel like you ought to not a good reason. It is not something anyone is obliged to do, there is no reason to think everyone should take them. Don't pressure yourself into it.

The reason to take them is because you want to. It could be out of curiosity, desire for introspection/self-growth, or even just plain old fun (yes psychedelics can be super fun and that's not a bad thing!), or any other number of good reasons.

The fundamental thing is that you use psychedelics because you want to, not because you've been told to, or because you've gotten the impression from actualized.org or the internet that it's something you're "supposed" to do.

It's a bit like sex that way.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

anyone have any tips for finding a reputable retreat and shaman? I'll start googling but is there a site for looking at ratings and finding reputable and safe shamans to do a ayahuasca retreat? preferably one with a healing aspect to the ritual and is willing to take on a person who has a lot of mental baggage. I think I'm ready only some fear is holding me back... but I feel like I can really heal and learn from an experience like this.