Stage Yellow News sources?

20 posts in this topic

I want to stay in touch on what's going on in this world, but most news sources are complete horseshit. 

Can you please share any high-quality news sources you use?

News thrives off publicizing horseshit, people love drama.  

I sometimes use Wikipedias recent events, I dont see why that would be too ideological. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Maybe do the opposite and sell your TV? My living room is so much better without it. Gaia posts content that does touch on events going on in the world, or things going on that governments don't want citizens to know, but I remain skeptical of conspiracy. It wouldn't surprise me if it were all true, since otherwise they are Turquoise media. They have an app too.

Good question, I don't have an answer to it. My best try at an answer is to read from a diversity of high quality and critical journalistic news sources. The Guardian, The Economist, New Scientist, BBC, CBC, NPR, Al Jazeera, Washington Post.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Yellow cross-references everything so Yellow consults many sources for information.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 hours ago, 111111 said:

I want to stay in touch on what's going on in this world, but most news sources are complete horseshit. 

Can you please share any high-quality news sources you use?

Why ?

Do you realize how much negativity comes from wanting to know everything that happens in the world ?

Especially since what sells is drama ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shin said:

Why ?

Do you realize how much negativity comes from wanting to know everything that happens in the world ?

There are many types of news, to completelty give up news because you think its drama is not seeing the bigger picture. Negativity is created in your own mind. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 hours ago, Shin said:

Why ?

Yes, the amount of negativity and bs is simply mind-blowing, yet...

If a jew was following the news pre-ww2, they would've immigrated before the evil came.

One "random" article can change your whole life, that's why.

Also what leaders are we, to not lead the sheep?

6 hours ago, Equanimitize said:

@111111 The Daily Evolver is a solid yellow news source. There is a podcast as well.

https://www.dailyevolver.com/

It is not like the typical CNN, Fox, etc. but they touch on the going ons of U.S. politics.

Thank You! They do seem to be different.

10 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Yellow cross-references everything so Yellow consults many sources for information.

Exactly, but I don't want to dig thru mountains of bs, a source who could do that for me would be great.

At least high quality (no click-baits and useless articles, smth which concentrates on the bigger picture) stage Orange-Green sources !!! What sources do you use Joseph? 

On 11/3/2018 at 5:56 PM, Equanimitize said:

@111111 The Daily Evolver is a solid yellow news source. There is a podcast as well.

https://www.dailyevolver.com/

It is not like the typical CNN, Fox, etc. but they touch on the going ons of U.S. politics.

Great source

@111111 Mostly though you're gonna have to settle for watching/listening to a lot of Blue/Orange/Green sources and coming to your own conclusions.

Yellow is about exploring lots of different POVs.

Don't expect any Yellow news sources. Too early in our evolution for that. It doesn't sell and it cannot become mainstream or popular yet.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I look at whoever the media is criticising or whatever I feel is omitted, like if they only support one side or press one issue constantly. Then look for contrary sources. Advertisers affect obviously what and how the media can report on, seeing someone's head being sawn off on day time Tv probably not a good association for Head and Shoulders.

Watched a video with Ken Wilber talking about, immigration and Trump. Pointed out the hypocrisy of the Left for pointing "child caging under Obama" and not going ape shit. (16:10) Personally I dislike both Left and Right. The Left generally because of their hypocrisy and the Right, arguing over petty egoic shit and not at least sharing wider information.

Thought it was interesting Ken Wilber seemed to take a balanced view, so I'll probably read his books at some point. Although at first glance, looks too similar to Jung if "The Daily Evolver" is anything to go by, which seems very biased.

Mostly though more interested in constructing my own filter, as firm as possible. It's kind of annoying to see how many people use Carl Jung's work, and put their spin on it. Sometimes it might be an improvement but not very rarely imo. Ideally would like to get at the root of at least, much book knowledge. If many self help books build on the bible, read the bible. As far as written language goes I want the raw feed, though I may cringe.

Have you guys checked ken wilber's integral life courses? Are they useful?

WikiTribune is an effort to create news with a wiki approach

Edited by Mondsee

"Es gibt die Wahrheit, mein Lieber! Aber die ,Lehre', die du begehrst [...], die gibt es nicht. Du sollst dich auch gar nicht nach einer vollkommenen Lehre sehnen, Freund, sondern nach Vervollkommnung deiner selbst."

- Herman Hesse, Das Glasperlenspiel

Bumping and following! In hopes of some future gold. . :)

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa