Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
archi

muse, is it worth it?

12 posts in this topic

Another fancy useless item :) 

Unless one wants to advance in 50 years hahaha. 

Edited by Hellspeed

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

I haven't used it, but it's not a serious EEG device.

A solid EEG costs $2-3k with all the important software and accessories.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I haven't used it, but it's not a serious EEG device.

A solid EEG costs $2-3k with all the important software and accessories.

Are you referring to neurofeedback training?

42 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Another fancy useless item :) 

Unless one wants to advance in 50 years hahaha. 

Cut your ignorance and dogma. Stop being snob and some elitist. It’s a technology like psychedelics, meditation, etc. if it works, it works. 

2 hours ago, kieranperez said:

Are you referring to neurofeedback training?

Yes

@Leo Gura Yes, you cam pay muuch more than 2-3k, l would say 20-30k for great eeg. However, I based my interest on this talk where he shows that wave data are comparable to more expensive devices. I can assume he might be paid by Muse company and maybe not.

I admit I have no idea what to look for in terms of wave structure. However, I can imagine one can use it for 5-Meo/DMT experience as well as meditation experience, analyse subjective experiences of multiple subjects and then potentially find some significant correlations and maybe even create program around it. Very interesting topic for students and even spin-off. Why I don't do it .. it is another question :).

@Hellspeed I understand why you say it. However, masses are going to be trained in a different way as you did it (whether you want or not) and there is going to be whole industry around it. Yes, the most of people may not benefit in a way you expect them to benefit, people are always going to be in different stages of development. If it can create interest and awaken 10x more people it is step further.

It's not really worth it imo (used it 3-4 times and now it's in a closet gathering dust or I borrow it out to friends):

- the feedback is a distraction more than it helps, for me it's just  source of pressure

-feedback also adds a desire to perform, which is just more mental noise

- could possibly be more useful for beginners, I like to hand it out to friends to get them interested in meditation

- for anyone into meditation long enough it has very little benefits other than crushing the rewards on the first couple of tries

- you can track results but to what end? if you are a veteran already you've grown past the need to do this already, but yes otherwise it could help you to do it every day

- I don't like the feel of it on my head, another distraction.

Overall - not worth it imo if you've been doing meditation have seen the benefits and already do it without the need of gimmicks to motivate yourself.

6 hours ago, thehero said:

Neurofeedback changed my life. 

tell us more

@Pernani I paid $4,000 for 60 sessions of neurofeedback

I had bipolar and severe depression, now i don't even have bipolar and my depression is half of what it used to be

my depression was so bad at one point my body was so stiff i could not even move 

my mental fog reduced by 50% as well. as well as my social social anxiety. 

now i have these things still, but they are much better 

@archi Personally I would not trust a neurofeedback device under $1000. It's just not going to be sensitive or sophisticated enough.

$2k-$3k range is great. You don't need anything more expensive.

3 hours ago, thehero said:

@Pernani I paid $4,000 for 60 sessions of neurofeedback

I had bipolar and severe depression, now i don't even have bipolar and my depression is half of what it used to be

my depression was so bad at one point my body was so stiff i could not even move 

my mental fog reduced by 50% as well. as well as my social social anxiety. 

now i have these things still, but they are much better 

I’ve been reading that neurofeedback benefits are short lived. Have you found this to be the case? I really need something to help me with my ADHD now that I got off 17 years of Adderall back in January. I would do nootropics but it doesn’t seem like it really changes anything after you get off them and I’m kinda tired of pills after almost 2 decades LOL. I don’t want to use them if I don’t have to anymore. 

Happy for you by the way. I know what that’s like. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Bipolaras well and in addition to Adderall was on Lithium, Lamicitil, Abilify, and Prozac (have been on many others when my psychiatrist was experimenting with “what would work”). Much love