molosku

The Seven Principles of Leonardo Da Vinci

11 posts in this topic

Do you know the 7 principles of Leonardo Da Vinci? No? Well, that is why I'll just go ahead an neatly list them here:

Curiosita – You need an insatiable curiosity for  life.
Great minds have one characteristic in common: they continuously ask questions throughout their lives.

Dimostrazione–  A commitment to test knowledge through experience.
Wisdom comes from experience and the principle of Dimostrazione helps you get the most out of your experience

Sensazione– The continual refinement of the senses, especially sight, as the means to clarify experience.
According to Da Vinci, we can best practice Dimostrazione through our senses, particularly sight.

Sfumato- A willingness to embrace ambiguity, paradox, and uncertainty.
An essential characteristic of Da Vinci’s genius is his ability to handle a sense of mystery.

Arte/Scienza– The development of the balance between science and art, logic and imagination (“whole-brain thinking”).
The development of the balance between science and art, logic and imagination”. This is thinking with the “whole brain”.

Corporalita- The cultivation of ambidexterity, fitness, and poise.
Corporalità is “the cultivation of grace, ambidexterity, fitness, and poise”. Leonardo had amazing physical ability that complemented his genius in science and arts.

Connessione – A recognition and appreciation for the connectedness of all things and phenomena; “systems thinking.”
In other words, is systems thinking. One main source of Leonardo’s creativity is his ability to form new patterns through connections and combinations of different elements.

Wow. If he were alive I'm sure he would troll around on this forum :D Leo is such a Leonardo copycat, engineering background and all that lol. It's a bit revealing of his mind that there is no direct mention of consciousness, although it is touched upon indirectly on almost all of the principles. Somethings are better left unsaid, maybe? Next book I will buy will definitely be hes biography.

Rehash:

CURIOSITÀ(CURIOSITY)

DIMONSTRATZIONE (INDEPENDENT THINKING)

SENSAZIONE (REFINE YOUR SENSES)

SFUMATO (EMBRACE UNCERTAINTY)

ARTE/SCIENZA (ART & SCIENCE, WHOLE-BRAIN THINKING)

CORPORALITA (MIND-BODY CARE)

CONNESSIONE (INTERCONNECTEDNESS)

Edited by molosku

Great post! I've been thinking a lot about this dude lately.

It's a bit revealing of his mind that there is no direct mention of consciousness, although it is touched upon indirectly on almost all of the principles. Somethings are better left unsaid, maybe?

Perhaps there wasn't the sufficient context in his era to express it in the terms of our current understanding. I don't know, this is just conjecture. He obviously understood deeper than most about this stuff. 

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Leo mentioned Da vinci talking about conciousness he said something that da vinci observed something to the point where that thing and observer dissapered(da vincus words)and leo finished with:he was enlightened as fuck....

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, Caterpillar said:

Curiosity is the most important one. If you don't have curiosity you're screwed.

♥️ 

Gee I wonder what book you got that from... and what booklist that suggested said book... ;) 

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

Gee I wonder what book you got that from... and what booklist that suggested said book... ;) 

Internet actually! I dont own the booklist, too many unread books even without it :D

15 hours ago, Caterpillar said:

Curiosity is the most important one. If you don't have curiosity you're screwed.

I agree with this. It's the foundation.

And it's weird, someone asked me recently who in history I'd like to have lunch with and I chose LDV. One of the most visionary humans to have lived, in my opinion. Dude had it freaking goin' on. 

On 11/1/2018 at 3:31 PM, molosku said:

Corporalita- The cultivation of ambidexterity, fitness, and poise.
Corporalità is “the cultivation of grace, ambidexterity, fitness, and poise”. Leonardo had amazing physical ability that complemented his genius in science and arts.

This is amazing too, transcending and including everything including fitness, body, athleticism, etc. Using this vehicle that was given to you and putting it to good use. Learning about Polymaths really peaks my interest. Thank you for the nice list.